PDA

View Full Version : Prices Of Mowers????

Brian B
09-05-2006, 10:57 AM
ok. so i know how much a quick 36 would cost but what i am really looking for is a used or new 48" exmark walk behind. and i can't seem to find a cost on them. what is the normal price for a used one?

fulano
09-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Are you looking for a fixed deck belt drive or a floating deck hydro? There is a huge difference in price. The used one is going to be around 1/2 price in most cases unless it is almost new or almost dead.

jkingrph
09-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Cannot help but compare price of new mower I bought, Scag Wildcat 26hp lc kaw, 52 "deck to my first new car in 1969, Plymouth sport satillite, loaded. Mower cost about 2.5 times as much, probably about 1/3 as heavy. I realize there is a lot of engineering, but not nearly as much as in a automobile. Even considering 37 years of inflation are the prices justified?

NELINC
09-05-2006, 01:41 PM
I agree with fulano, a three year old used one has a retail value of 50% to 60% of new. If you can get your hands on a copy of the Grounds Maintenance Equipment Blue Book, they have all the retail and trade in values in there. You can order a copy online at pricedigests.com but they cost $59.95. I have a couple of 52" Turf Tracers coming in off lease if you would be interested in something a little larger.

Brian B
09-06-2006, 10:23 PM
can you give me some more information on those turf tracers... how much would you be asking, how many hours do they have, do they have the stand on attachment, the striper kit, and what engines? i am really looking for a kawasaki engine. what year model are we talking about here? information would be greatly appreciated and grand rapids isnt all that far maybe 3-4 hours. thank you

NELINC
09-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Brian, my boss is picking them up tomorrow and I'll know a lot more about them on Monday. I can get you all the info then. Thanks, Tim.

Brian B
09-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks Tim, that would be great if you could get me some info on those mowers. im not sure if i want something that big though but it would be nice to just know what the equipment is on the mower and the hours and how you guys are pricing it just so i kind of know what to look for. thanks, brian

NELINC
09-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Hey Brian, I was wrong, they are Viking hydros, not Metros. They are 2004 models with 17 hp Kawasaki motors. They both have the Exmark stand-ons on them but no striper kits. Not sure on the hours as neither has an hour meter. The one has a new motor though. $3200.00 for the one with the new motor and $2500.00 for the other one. Average retail according to the blue book is $2900.00 Let me know if you're interested. Tim

Brian B
09-11-2006, 09:17 PM
yes i am intersted in the one without a new motor in it. i am going to an auction thursday and am looking to buy a mower there if they have what i am looking for. would you be willing to ship one of the mowers or not? if not thats perfectly ok.

NELINC
09-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Brian, sorry for the delay in responding. I was on vacation last week. We sold the mower without the new motor but still have the other one. Let me know if you're still interested. I could deliver it to you and can also provide financing for it if need be. Thanks, Tim