PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer or walk behind

tacoma200
09-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Just wondering what you would use on this and how much you would charge. Is it too much for a wb or trimmer.

(of course I'm not serious)

jkingrph
09-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Looks like kudzu, you'll never keep up. LOL

tacoma200
09-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Your right. Great idea to import this stuff from China for control of the highway right away, huh. It's taking over in alot of places around here.

i_plant_art
09-05-2006, 05:14 PM
cutting the kudzu or cutting the strip of "junk" in front of it (on the right side of the pic?)...... WB for the junk.. maybe 2 or 3 passes for a decently clean cut side discharging... the kudzu..... well id buy stock in roundup b4 tackling that job, no tellin whats under there as far as it being flat or how rough... could ptentially do some damage to a mower if soemthing "snuck up on ya" id hit it with a good shot of roundup like the DOT does on roadsides, then come back with more roundup about 5 days later to finish it off. then WB or trimmer on it.

YotaNate
09-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Lots of fence, and a herd of goats.

tacoma200
09-05-2006, 05:18 PM
I was just joking about cutting that mess of kudzu. I was being sarcastic about what a good idea they had bringing this stuff over here for erosion control and now it taking over trees, power lines, etc. Just the goverment taking care of us.

walker/redmax
09-05-2006, 07:13 PM
I was just joking about cutting that mess of kudzu. I was being sarcastic about what a good idea they had bringing this stuff over here for erosion control and now it taking over trees, power lines, etc. Just the goverment taking care of us.
The government seems to always find THE BEST solution to our problems don't they?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good luck buddie. That stuff grows about ten times faster than a mower or trimmer will cut it. Round up!

Frontier-Lawn
09-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Kudzu was first seen in the United States as an ornamental plant at the 1876 Philadelphia Centennial Exposition. During the Depression, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) imported kudzu for erosion control. In 1972, the USDA classified kudzu as a weed because the plant can reach 60 ft (18.29 m) in a single growing season. In June and July, the vines sport purple flowers and in autumn, the leaves shed.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_g2603/is_0004/ai_2603000478