PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Clean Up?

Joe2920
09-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Can anyone give me advice on estimating leaf cleans.. and equipment recomendations for the fall?

EMMITT22
09-05-2006, 10:28 PM
depends on if you are hauling leaves away or putting them out to the curb for pickup. i charge $30 an hour per worker and when estimating i always add an hour in to what i think time wise its gona take. also know your customer. meaning dont bill and older person on fixed income $500 give them a bit of a break or they wont use you next year. if you have to haul away add 1 hour into bill for the time to dump leaves.

Joe2920
09-06-2006, 07:49 AM
I would be taking them away... Any ideas on Equipment I was looking at the DR Leaf Vacuum its $2,000 but i seems to be just what i need? It breaks the leafs down 10:1.

noseha
09-06-2006, 10:13 AM
You Will Have To Get The Leaves Out To Your Truck? Right So Use Big Blowers Walk Behind At Least A 8 Hp! 2-backpack Blower For Around The House And Bed Or Deck Area And A Handheld Get Some Rakes 30''and A Lot Of Tarps! Load Your Truck And Trailer! Go To Dump! More Then A Three Work Crew Per Truck And Trailer Is A Waste:eek:

Raven386
09-06-2006, 10:35 AM
for our lawns that dont get too many leaves, we usually charge 3 times the price of the cut. ex: a $25 lawn would cost $75 for picking the leaves up & then disposal fees. usually we run the lawn over without the catcher and then again with it, and then once more with it. thats a perfect scenario. but everyone knows that never happens! :laugh: for equipment we use our Lesco 48" & 52" w/ Gator Blades and the grass catcher. and those big green buckets, tarps, Echo751T, Shindy blower bought from lowes, lots and lots of rakes. 1 thing, atleast here. make sure you cover the leaves in the back of your truck! i made that mistake last year... got pulled over but the cop was nice and didnt give me a ticket. which he said wouldve been a lot of money for not securing the load. so yea. Tarps!