PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering

plantzpropertymanagement
09-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Hey does anybody mow for any famous people. I just got nancy drews house shes a writer and she has some video games out on pc.

MMLawn
09-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Do a SEARCH as this has been ask and answered many, many times on here

MMLawn
09-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Hey does anybody mow for any famous people. I just got nancy drews house shes a writer and she has some video games out on pc.

Also "Nancy Drew" is a fictious "girl detective" that was the center piece of many books starting in 1930 and where the PC games came from.....all "Nancy Drew" books were written by Carolyn Keene.....NOT any Nancy Drew......and also Carolyn Keene is a writer pen name that was used by many different people-in the 30's and 40's both men and women- over the years. The company that was the creator of the Nancy Drew series, the Stratemeyer Syndicate, hired a variety of writers. For Nancy Drew, the writers used the pseudonym Carolyn Keene to assure anonymity of the creator.

dcgreenspro
09-05-2006, 09:18 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WildWest
09-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Also "Nancy Drew" is a fictious "girl detective" that was the center piece of many books starting in 1930 and where the PC games came from.....all "Nancy Drew" books were written by Carolyn Keene.....NOT any Nancy Drew......and also Carolyn Keene is a writer pen name that was used by many different people-in the 30's and 40's both men and women- over the years. The company that was the creator of the Nancy Drew series, the Stratemeyer Syndicate, hired a variety of writers. For Nancy Drew, the writers used the pseudonym Carolyn Keene to assure anonymity of the creator.

MM.... You are a plethora of information! Fiction and Non-fiction of course.

Mike's Lawn & Snow
09-05-2006, 09:49 PM
well you just embarrassed that guy lol

MMLawn
09-05-2006, 09:54 PM
MM.... You are a plethora of information! Fiction and Non-fiction of course.

My wifey is REALLY into books :laugh: ........esp the 1st Edition Collectors ones.........you should see our libary.......

plantzpropertymanagement
09-05-2006, 10:08 PM
no he did not embarrasse me i do not know to much about her and nancy drew is a real person that writes children books anyway this site is becoming a joke theres nothing but people wanting to talk junk or put somebody down this must be a different nancy drew?

Dunn's
09-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Sorry guy but your customer lied to you. Don't be ashamed or embarrassed about it they all lie to us one way or another. Haven't you ever heard the well I only need one cut because my mower is in the shop. Sometimes I have had the same person try this on me three or four times in the same year. I guess they forget who they have called before or when they see a different truck it must be somebody different because we have more than one truck.Any way here is your link http://www.nancydrewsleuth.com/history.html

So like MM said you where mistaken If you pay attention there are alot of idiots on here bashing people but then again it is because there are so many idiots on here to bash.Sadly for you MM is one of the few on here who is correct 95% of the time.Unless he is arguing with me of course because I'm right 100% of the time. Isn't that right MM?

Fantasy Lawns
09-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Ssooo ... I'd say the whole Nancy Drew in the witness protection program cover is blown ;-)

plantzpropertymanagement
09-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Your right. Her name is nancy drew and she tried telling me she wrote books and those games were hers to, thats crazy that somebody would do that oh well im still going to keep here as a customer ill just let here think i think shes famous haha.

Jnamo
09-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Ssooo ... I'd say the whole Nancy Drew in the witness protection program cover is blown ;-)

I think I just pissed myself!!!:clapping: :laugh:

SodKing
09-05-2006, 10:49 PM
I do a few famous people....I am not at liberty to discuss who they are.

lawnwizards
09-05-2006, 10:52 PM
i wonder if this is the nancy drew he cuts for?http://www.nancyswandrew.com/

WildWest
09-05-2006, 10:53 PM
When I was in FL, I had an account in a nice area, the neighbor used to come out and chit-chat w/me.... he was retired, but he used to have a lawn and landscape bus. and worked for the dude that writes all the "BLAH BLAH for Idiot's" books! 3500.00 a month and was there 2 hrs. a day. The guy never gave him any hassles and always paid on time!

grass-scapes
09-06-2006, 12:17 AM
Dang.....Makes me wonder if those two brothers.....Joe and Frank.... that I mow for lied to me. They told me that they were famous detectives. I think they know Nancy Drew too. the Hardy boys? Ever heard of them?

HOOLIE
09-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Dang.....Makes me wonder if those two brothers.....Joe and Frank.... that I mow for lied to me. They told me that they were famous detectives. I think they know Nancy Drew too. the Hardy boys? Ever heard of them?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yeah...well this one client, she told me her dog is the real Scooby-Doo. And I tell ya...he DOES look like Scooby...

SodKing
09-06-2006, 07:31 AM
Is the around 35 years old...

plantzpropertymanagement
09-06-2006, 11:30 PM
hey lawn wizard that is the nancy drew im talking about thanks for finding that.

MMLawn
09-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Hardly a writer and video game producer......bio says on her self-published www site says she is an "artist" and wrote an article for "Log Home Living".......she draws cards and makes t-shirts.....she conned you and wanted you to "think" she was the "famous Nancy Drew"....just remember that when dealing with her.

Scooby Doo......WHERE ARE YOU??? Sorry had to..... :laugh:

WJW Lawn
09-07-2006, 08:14 AM
This my friends...is a very funny thread! lol Lets just hope "Nancy Drew" doesnt get behind on payments!

eruuska
11-07-2006, 09:17 AM
A couple weeks ago the wife and I spent a weekend in Saugatuck, MI. We were in an art gallery, and whose work do we see but Nancy Swan Drew's. I had mentioned this thread to my wife when it was fresh (we're into books), and she asked "Isn't this the author from that LawnSite thread?" Sure enough, it was.:waving: