PDA

View Full Version : This sucks...JD went from 36 hrs to 108 hrs instantly.

instyle
09-06-2006, 09:45 AM
I have a couple of JD QuikTraks, on the one machine, the battery died, so I boosted it with the other machine. Both machines have around 36 hours on them. The machine that I boosted now is reading 108 hours.
I will be taking the machine to get looked at, but how am I going to prove it only has 36 hours. that is a fairly large depreciation loss right there.

tallimeca
09-06-2006, 10:19 AM
are a crock of poop. I've seen all the tricks. Just go buy another hour meter and hook it up to a battery till it gets to where it was before.

Nothing i haven't seen before.

fulano
09-06-2006, 11:19 AM
I bought a quik trak from the JD dealer last year with something like 25 hrs on it. I had it home for a couple of weeks and put a few hours on it. The next time I went to use it it had around 50 something hours. My kids were playing with it and left the key in the switch and turned on. I now put the key in a safe place but mine is showing just over 70 hrs thanks to what happened.

PROCUT1
09-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Hour meters are cheap. Buy a new one and put it in. Poof, you now have a new machine.

J&R Landscaping
09-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Hour meters are prone to having problems and failing. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it because you might replace this one and then have the replacement meter go dead not long after.

stumper1620
09-06-2006, 03:32 PM
get a tiny tach. I put them on all my stuff now. 35 bucks, accuate, and has RPM when running. hours when not.

MarcSmith
09-06-2006, 03:44 PM
get a tiny tach. I put them on all my stuff now. 35 bucks, accuate, and has RPM when running. hours when not.

I think the newer ones even have an oil change reminder....

a couple times a year we end up with dead batty and high hour meter readings as a result of the key being left on... S happens....