PDA

View Full Version : Stripes @ my home

DJ Contracting
09-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Well the pictures don't do any justice but the stripes looked awesome. They are very noticeable when driving by, any suggestions on how I should trim the tree in the corner. I have let it go to get nice and full now it needs trimming. (BTY this is my house.)

grassmanak
09-06-2006, 04:59 PM
the corner looks like crap, as for the treem just trim what needs to be trimmer and do it regularly

DJ Contracting
09-06-2006, 06:19 PM
That corner is coming back, the township just put in new water and gas lines in July, as matter of fact there used to be a fire hydrant in that corner, anyway it's filling in.

terrapro
09-06-2006, 06:33 PM
what type of trimming are you talking about? if its shaping trimming like hedge trimming i never reccomend that way, especially if its a japanese maple which is what it looks like from the pic. basic tree care involves cutting out the dead and the criss crossing branches but if you insist on shaping do it by hand. yes i know it sounds stupid but your tree will be much happier in the long run plus have you ever seen the price on a replacement japenese maple that size!:eek:

DJ Contracting
09-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Yes it's a Japanese Maple I just don't like the way it covers up my corner bay window.

Grn Mtn
09-06-2006, 06:58 PM
nice stripes, wait till winter to trim the maple, don't trim more than a third back, and use sharp pruners/hand saw

terrapro
09-06-2006, 07:14 PM
well......the only advice i can not so wanting to give you would be cut off the bottom most set of branches. maybe you can stimulate it to grow upward instead of outward then in a couple of years maybe you could be able to do it again to clear the windows?!

Idealtim
09-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Nice house bordering, how long ago did you mulch it?

DJ Contracting
09-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Idealtim:Thanks installed the mulch in June mulch.

terrapro: Thats what I thought of doing was to cut the lower branches and trim any that were sticking out.

Grn Mtn: Thanks and I planned on waiting till late fall.

Grn Mtn
09-07-2006, 09:19 AM
this may sound strange but since your going to wait till fall, get a picture of the tree closer up, then photoshop out the lower branches or any others you think you might want to get rid of, then see if you like the results?

John_Deere Nut
09-07-2006, 02:19 PM
nice stripes

DJ Contracting
09-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Grn Mtn Never heard of that, is that photoshop different from my Microsoft photo?

John_Deere Nut Thanks.

Grn Mtn
09-08-2006, 03:48 PM
photoshop is The image editing software program, (I use the non professional one now a bit older but it photoshop elements 2.0) but I would imagin any photo manipulation software could do it, the neat thing with photoshop is you could use the clone tool to replace the window panes once you've deleated the branches.

DJ Contracting
09-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Cool I'll have to look into it.