PDA

View Full Version : Accountants?

Eddie B
09-06-2006, 05:13 PM
How many people have accountants? What do they do for you, and are they costly?

richallseasons
09-06-2006, 05:55 PM
everyone should have them,mine saves me money and no he is not as costly as compared to not having one and getting into hot water with the IRS, DRS,DOL , ECT..............

bullethead
09-07-2006, 11:22 AM
If you are asking the question, then I think you should at least talk to one. Make sure he/she is a CPA (not a bookkeeper) that handles tax related matters.

A proactive one can really help you. Ones that just wait for you to bring them your tax return info aren't really worth squat.

I was a CPA in my other life and it has been quite useful in my landscape exploits.

lsylvain
09-20-2006, 08:26 PM
I say don't waste you money but you didn't hear that from me. My fellow accountants would kill me. lol (in case you didn't figure it out I'm an accountant. god I hat it.)

It is definatly a good idea, yes.

shane mapes
09-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Yes you do need one just in case you get into hot water. I have around 50 customers and my tax lady charges me $50.00 per month . I pay her when i get my taxes back every year. she does my personal and the lawns . also lasted year i had 73 customers and she still charged the same . she does everything i just give her my invoices and receipts good luck

ozd12005
09-23-2006, 06:45 PM
A c.p.a knows all the in's and out's and is well worth the little money they charge per qtr

6'7 330
09-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Firstly,CPA'S like all other professions, go cheap and you will likely get cheap.Choosing a CPA is a very important business decision.A CPA is going to be most beneficial to speak with and retain.A good accountant will pay for his or her services many times over, and likely lower your tax bill significantly more than their service fees.A CPA knowledgeable in small business practices, it is worth every cent.