PDA

View Full Version : m ower deck out front ,or midmount which is best for new commercial mowing service ?

bedbug
09-06-2006, 07:20 PM
I am using a snapper midmount 48 inch zrt,works great but need another mower for bigger lawns. the dealer is pushing me toward the front mounted deck.
Which type mower do you guys recomend.:confused:

Gatewayuser
09-06-2006, 07:57 PM
You need to repost this in the commercial mowing forum to get responses.

Welcome to Lawnsite!

steinerguy
09-06-2006, 09:10 PM
I am not the norm here as I have a Steiner. It is a front mount that will take more trailer space, but I love the fact I can see exactly where the deck is and can reach under trees. It is a case of what one is used too.

Joel

cutterdown
09-06-2006, 10:35 PM
last time I looked, This is the commercial lawn forum. hee-hee

Gatewayuser
09-07-2006, 07:00 PM
last time I looked, This is the commercial lawn forum. hee-hee

Thats because it was moved from Announcements, Site Questions, Rules, Suggestions after I said that, smart one.:rolleyes:

tacoma200
09-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Mid mounts are much more popular for a reason. Nothing wrong with a front mount. Price, trailer space, tight turn arounds in lawns, extra initial cost are some of the reasons. A mid mount is has a smaller footprint and is more versatile most of the time. Fronts trim under trees better and handle some but not all slopes better. A Grasshopper or Walker seem to be the most popular front mounts if you go that direction.

bedbug
09-09-2006, 03:57 PM
I appreciate the responses,which have helped make this decision.
the mid mounted Husqvarna LZ XP 30/61 with air ride seat:usflag:

bedbug
09-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Im new to commercial mowing guess ive placed my message in the wrong area (Mid Mount or Front mounted deck) If someone will show me how to move or delete the message,Iwill take care of it. Bedbug

Gatewayuser
09-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Im new to commercial mowing guess ive placed my message in the wrong area (Mid Mount or Front mounted deck) If someone will show me how to move or delete the message,Iwill take care of it. Bedbug

They moved it for you it is in the right area now.
You will enjoy the Husq.

McGolf
09-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Steinerguy, How bout the ZT steienr models? are they up to the test?