PDA

View Full Version : mowing lists????

tweezerbeak
09-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Do you guys have the same guys mow the same places each week .. do you make them check off on a list or do you keep the list??? Do you drive around to check???? This is my dilema....we are spread out over 15 or so miles by 10 miles,the traffic sometimes can take you 1hour to go a few miles now........some places are irrigated some not ...some small little historic cemeterys to 4 softball and 1 soccer field complex to little lawns to acres of fields........do any of you have a work sheet I can see ????As of now we are very short handed so we are strapped for help..in the season I have enough but Labor day I lost6 guys(kids but they mow)I am asking about next year..can you guys advise????PS I ,we have a 100 mile garbage route and miles of beaches and many beach facilities????????

MarcSmith
09-22-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm a bit differnt than you, in that I am all contained on one site. But I do divide up the areas bwteen the crews so each crews works int he same area each day. They are responsible for all aspects, from litter pickup ot mowers. the only time folk cross areas is when ther is a big job or flowers.

golfkingisaac
11-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Of the few houses i do (my biz is part-time) each week, i keep a checklist & mark everything i do & what needs to be done!

By the way, how many hours do you work on average & how many 'sites' do you work at on average a week?

MarcSmith
11-21-2006, 07:35 AM
I have 20 guys and they work 40 hours per week. I put in about 45 each week. usually by viture of arriving early and leaving later to dodge traffic...

twj721
11-21-2006, 08:12 AM
Guess I am lucky I only have 5 school campuses to 3 in 1 town and 1 in another takes about 8 hrs on the 1 that is out of town the H.S campus takes about 16 to 20 hrs to do it and yes we have a check off list for the areas of the school I am lucky also as the school mows the baseball fields and the main football field . .

MarcSmith
11-21-2006, 08:38 AM
I only have 1....Does that make me luckier....?

PurpHaze
11-27-2006, 10:01 AM
We have about thirty sites in our district. The high schools have their own mowers and take care of their fields. The stadiums have crews that also take care of their mowing. The rest of the sites are divided between two two-man mowing crews (one smaller mower and one field mower) that they mow each week. There's no checklist, just a schedule since things such as elementary and middle school PE has to be avoided. Nobody routinely checks on them but if something important is missed the site will usually call in.