PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Film & Mower decks

Lazer_Z
09-06-2006, 09:19 PM
I had never tried anything to keep grass from sticking to my deck before trying FF. I was always doing it the old fashioned way by scraping and as many of you know scraping sucks. I am always looking for something to make something else easier so I started to see threads pop up about what to spray under your deck to keep grass from sticking. I was seeing PAM cooking spray mentioned the most & I was tempted to try it but, I also heard some say that you have to constantly keep up on spraying so that put me off of that idea. So I have just been dealing with scraping. Then I saw that we had a new sponsor and that being Fluid Film so I like the rest of you checked it out ad I was blown away at what it could do. So to finish up my novel here lol. I finally tried FF on my mower deck I first prepped it by pressure washing ti entire underside I let it dry I then sprayed FF under the deck and today was the first real test because it has been raining. The grass was wet not damp but just plain soaking wet. I double cut, my first cut was at 4" the second was 3.5". The mower cut like normal and when I was finished I noticed a little bit of build up but nothing like it was before I used FF. I'll never use anything else.

Sorry for such a long post.

Rob

Rickco
09-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Ah,now you've seen the light.:)

Lazer_Z
09-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Ah,now you've seen the light.:)
Yes Sir I have. :D

Rob

Dano50
09-08-2006, 03:23 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words:

http://postthatpic.com/files/79/LawnSite%20Picture3.JPG

There's a man that won't be scraping his decks... :canadaflag:

There is still an open invitation to all LawnSite members who haven't tried Fluid Film (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com)to discover for themselves why Fluid Film works so well. Just shoot me an email (dwilliams@eurekafluidfilm.com) and I'll put a can in your hands. You just can't beat that deal. That's how confident we are that Fluid Film will beat the competition.

Daner
09-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Today My 21" Lawnboy broke down on me...So I had to pull out my old Brigs 21...That has been parked since I got spoliled by the pesonel pace.
Anyway I had to take It to a job today...so I thought I better sharpen up the blade and set the deck height like the Lawn boy. once I took the blade off , there was a bit of grass In the deck Chamber...But when I scraped It off, I could still see the Oil from the Fluid Film. And the little grass that was on the deck bottom came of in seconds. I sprayed IT again today With fluid Film.
for the little time It takes...I t shure pays off In the long run.
That moisture gets trapped In the grass under your deck...and If Its not treated It will rust...If I could fit a can Of Fluid Film In my back pocket...You would see me walking around with It all day...To spray all those things that need protection.

mcwlandscaping
09-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Fluid Film! make a holster for a can of the stuff! thatd be really cool! One that hooks onto your belt, I gotta try putting it on my mower deck!