PDA

View Full Version : Good place to buy filters, blades, etc...

lewdo
09-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Looking for a good place to buy parts for my JD ZTR...other than the dealer! I've gone to ExpressMowerParts, but they don't have many of the stuff I need. Not sure if it's because my JD is new or they have only limited line of parts. Any help much appreciated.

MMLawn
09-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Most all major JD parts can only be bought from JD Dealers as they use "unusual" sizes specially made for Deere to throw off AFM Makers and make it not worth their while to make. About the only things you will fine outside of JD is some belts, blades and filters. Also if the mower is new you may want to use only OEM parts to protect the warranty.

We have a ton of JD mowers and we only buy our parts directly from our dealers. As example we bought 2 drive belts today, like $42 each.....sure we could have "measured" them and found an AFM belt for $32 but it would be a lesser quality and if one of my mowers goes down and I need it, my dealer loads one of his demos up for us to use while they have it fixing......can on-line do that and would that $10 savings have been worth it in the long run?

bigcutup
09-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Looking for a good place to buy parts for my JD ZTR...other than the dealer! I've gone to ExpressMowerParts, but they don't have many of the stuff I need. Not sure if it's because my JD is new or they have only limited line of parts. Any help much appreciated.
Blades, Filters, & Belts--Try Mowparts.com. I love the Oregon Blades they sell on my JD 737. Good Prices & Quick Delivery!!
bigcutup

procut
09-06-2006, 11:19 PM
Blades, belts and filters and other "consumables" try J-Thomas.