PDA

View Full Version : Grasshopper duramax deck 61inch opinions

tomo
09-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Hello , looking into grasshoper ztr 61.Q/how does the deck perform, generally usage would be 50/50, commercial,,bush hog ,conditions would at least be damp to very wet.Q/mulching ability any good[4 the commercials}.WATCH THIS SPACE THIS IS PART 1.. TOMO:waving: :waving:

Envy Lawn Service
09-08-2006, 12:54 AM
The Duramax deck is a good one in my conditions.
It's not #1 in my book, but better than most.

Anyways, it's also not the strongest deck construction if you were to have a severe deck skirt impact. But it is certainly ample construction.

Here I know the cut is really good and the discharge is really good also, even in the dew or in the wet. They say they mulch really well too with that deep deck.

A Grasshopper guy here has added some new Toro's with the Turbo Force deck to the lineup. I can tell a big difference in his work on the routes where he's running them now. The Toros are a lot heavier and beefier, but do not perform nearly as well for him. I see clumps left behind and I see dried brown clippings in his lawns the day after and such. I didn't see that before. I can also tell he is not getting as much vacuum from the Turbo Force and it is not cutting as crisp. The extra weight shows in the tire tracks too.

At this particular time, Grasshopper still remains my #1 choice for a diesel mower.

tomo
09-08-2006, 05:29 AM
Where Is Everbody ???? Has To Be Some Grass/h Users Out There

tacoma200
09-08-2006, 09:43 AM
They do fairly well here. Great mowers, deck is ok but nothing special. Clumping, and clogging are some issues on our fescue type grasses here but all in all a very durable product. There are more of them in my area than any other brand. They seem to last forever. Especially diesel models. The midmount I had was not very good on slopes but the front mounts go on some slopes, ditch lines, etc very well.