PDA

View Full Version : New Z

ACutAbovesiny
09-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Im going to be buying a new Z and I've been leaning toward the Ferris 1500. First question is what are your opinions? Second is I want to get an open trailer for it...any suggestions?

J&R Landscaping
09-08-2006, 02:07 PM
I cant comment on the mower but as far as a trailer is concerned, I would get at least a 12'. I think an awsome set-up would be a 7x16 dual axel with brakes if your truck can pull it. JMO

Raven386
09-08-2006, 02:35 PM
when i read that title... i thought you were getting a 350Z! i got excited cause i dont know of anyone with anew one. we demoed a 2000 and i was not impressed with the cut at all. we also demoed a scag and hands down the scag won. i really didnt feel the suspension that much. it does make a difference. but i also found that it scalped ALOT. as for a trailer. (i have a 6X14 for sale!) i wouldnt go anything smaller then 12' like J&R said. a 7X16 is what i plan on purchasing as soon as i sell my 6X14...

tacoma200
09-08-2006, 03:45 PM
I sat one some ferris units while waiting for a filter change. The Hustler seems to be a much simpler better designed mower. The Ferris may ride better and be a great mower after you get on it. The sales man also had a Diesel and he would not recommend it on any thing but flat ground. What a beast. No trouble telling by the show room and what was in stock what was selling best. No offense to Ferris owners but they would not get my consideration. May just be my personal preference. Everyone is different. Demo several units is the only way to find out which mower suites you. Some parts of the country they are very popular.