PDA

View Full Version : putting a customer in "TEMPORARY CESSATION" STATUS...

geogunn
09-08-2006, 03:45 PM
I had to do it. I have posted before about this little old lady's yard where I get nailed every time I go there by the resident unhappy yellow jackets.

I mow her lawn on a "call me" status and she has just called.

I have been nailed 5 times this year there and I just can't go back until they have died out in the cooler weather. it hurts TOO much. :cry:

and I told her I'd mow next spring before they get angry again.

she said she might have to get someone else to mow and I told her: "I understand completely".

as I hung up the phone, without realizing it, I yelled "YESSSSS" and did a slam dunk move.... oh well!

GEO :drinkup:

TJLC
09-08-2006, 05:58 PM
GEO, I had the same problem with a customer except it was a nest of ground hornets in one of her palm trees. My son and I both got stung, very painful. I told her I would not be back until she took care of this. It cost her $350.00 for someone to come in and take care of it. Now all that is left is a big chunk out of her tree where the nest was. It still gives me the creeps when I mow under that tree, seeing how big that nest was.

1MajorTom
09-08-2006, 06:06 PM
shame on you, how will you be able to sleep tonight, knowing that another man is going to be taking your stings? ;)

Mike Blevins
09-08-2006, 06:40 PM
out of my 25 yards 10 have had yellow jacket nest in the ground. luckily i only got hit once but it was enough. had to go get shot for the swelling. this has been the worst year i have ever seen with these bees. i have a way to take care of these yellow jackets in the ground i dont want to make the enviromentalist on here mad so i will let you come to that conclusion:hammerhead:

ProStreetCamaro
09-08-2006, 07:09 PM
out of my 25 yards 10 have had yellow jacket nest in the ground. luckily i only got hit once but it was enough. had to go get shot for the swelling. this has been the worst year i have ever seen with these bees. i have a way to take care of these yellow jackets in the ground i dont want to make the enviromentalist on here mad so i will let you come to that conclusion:hammerhead:

Gas in the hole? :laugh:

ed2150
09-08-2006, 07:40 PM
followed by fire in the hole.....

MountainMow
09-08-2006, 08:32 PM
At nearly $3.00 a gallon for gasoline, I 'd have to say that a can of WASP & BEE killer just might be a better bet

dfor
09-08-2006, 08:41 PM
A lot of people on here have said that this year has been bad, as far as bees nests. It doesn't seem too bad here. Knock on wood. Normally there are at least a few nests in the yards.
Next week, I'll probably get stung 5 times.

sheshovel
09-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Good for you Geo! Stand up to those old ladies! This abuse has gone on long enough!

WildWest
09-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Foaming wasp killer, once in the foam, there is no excape, just insect death and chaos. It makes me smile.:rolleyes:

Uranus
09-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Sorry Geo, I'm on the other side of the fence on this issue. I get stung several times every year. Now that I'm out on my own I bought myself some bee spray for trimming bushes and now keep 2 cans behind the seat of my truck. For 3 or 4 dollars a can you can spend 2 minutes spraying the nest, keeping the customer, and keep in making money. The only thing is why do you have her if she is a "call me" account. unless she is cash only. Well anyways now you have a few more extra minutes for luch break.

crawdad
09-08-2006, 09:44 PM
I've got one like that, I went there one day, and put out 8 flags on different holes. I told them to let me know when they're dead. The owners mowed it, with long sleeves/etc, at full speed on a rider, they used wasp spray, gas, diesel, etc.
I will check it before i will put my mower (and my arse) out there.

edit--And, Mr, Williams, would you mow a lawn that had at least 8 nests? For only a hundred bucks? Come on down, I got a job for ya.

LindblomRJ
09-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Use starter fluid (ether). Good enough for old doctors good enough for pest control.

geogunn
09-08-2006, 11:07 PM
The only thing is why do you have her if she is a "call me" account. unless she is cash only.

williams...sir--I have her as a "call me account" for reasons that just happen to be none of your "bees-wax"...cash only or not.

thank you for your comments.

GEO :sleeping:

Stafford Landscaping
09-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Had anyone seen any of the Japanese or ( European ) hornets this year. There everywhere here I had Three chase me this week at three different houses. and not to mention the big nest I have in the wood in a tree at my house. They look like a yellow jacket on steroids.

geogunn
09-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Had anyone seen any of the Japanese or ( European ) hornets this year. There everywhere here I had Three chase me this week at three different houses. and not to mention the big nest I have in the wood in a tree at my house. They look like a yellow jacket on steroids.

could this "bee" what you are posting about?

GEO :confused:

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23198&d=1090872555

Stafford Landscaping
09-09-2006, 12:25 AM
I tried to post a picture of one of those that I got off the internet. They're actually about an inch to an inch and a half long. I hadn't really gotten close enough to measure.......nor do I want too!

geogunn
09-09-2006, 08:02 AM
stafford--I saw a show the other day on killers or predators or something and itlisted the japanese hornet as a real doosie.

it showed 30 hornets killing 30,000 european honey bees and wrecking all the hives.

the japanese hornets have a mandible jaw and they'd grab the honey bees and chop 'em in half.

are you saying we have those things here?

GEO :cry:

leadarrows
09-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Isn't it a felony to attack a cop? Just arrest them Geo. Oh I guess the hand cuffs would just fall off huh? LOL

JK Geo Happy Birthday by the way.

Stafford Landscaping
09-09-2006, 06:29 PM
stafford--I saw a show the other day on killers or predators or something and itlisted the japanese hornet as a real doosie.

it showed 30 hornets killing 30,000 european honey bees and wrecking all the hives.

the japanese hornets have a mandible jaw and they'd grab the honey bees and chop 'em in half.

are you saying we have those things here?

GEO :cry:

I don't know exactly if the picture I posted is an actual Japanese hornet or not but that's what I've have heard people call them. It might be something called a European hornet, but anyway they look mean and I was chased by a couple of them this week and I didn't like it very much because they sound like a 747 airplane coming at you.

ElephantNest
09-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Good for you Geo! Stand up to those old ladies! This abuse has gone on long enough!

^^ :laugh:

Highly allergic here. I keep a few cans of 20'+ spray in the truck at all times. I keep one can that's safe for shrubs/trees, and one can that's pure death.