PDA

View Full Version : aerator...wow...

bif
09-08-2006, 07:25 PM
This year, instead of renting a pull behind, I rented a bluebird lawnscape 424,
I wasn't happy with the amt. of cores the pull behind pulled and it tore the lawn up when making turns, plus you had to get off the tractor to disengage the tines...hence the tearing...

Well, what a workout. I wrestled with that thing for 4 hours. Man am I beat. Has anyone else used this beast? Am I wimpy in my old age? It did do a great job, not sure if I'll get it next year or go back to the pull behind.

thanks for listening,

Steve

TAZ
09-08-2006, 11:02 PM
I wasn't happy with the amt. of cores the pull behind pulled and it tore the lawn up when making turns, plus you had to get off the tractor to disengage the tines...hence the tearing...

Well, what a workout. I wrestled with that thing for 4 hours. Man am I beat. Has anyone else used this beast? Am I wimpy in my old age? It did do a great job, not sure if I'll get it next year or go back to the pull behind.

thanks for listening,

Steve

What pull behind were you using?
-TAZ

jeffinsgf
09-09-2006, 12:26 PM
In my opinion the real solution is a 3pt hitch model. Let hydraulics do the lifting. I bought a Turfco 42" 3pt hitch and got in and out of tight spots effortlessly. I also picked it up at the end of each row, so tear out was no issue.

bif
09-09-2006, 07:10 PM
well, I'm not sure what kind of pull-behind it was, a beat-up 48 " that needs thrown away. it did big tears when you turned. it pulled nice plugs, just not enough per sq. ft. i wonder if a better quality pull behind would be the answer??

i have about an acre to do...

truthfully, it was really a bear getting the power aerator back on my truck, my wife was my helper, and it took all we could do!

thx,

Steve

lloydct
09-19-2006, 09:11 PM
I rented one today... 28 year old male, my upper back, shoulders are really tight. It is a beast!! I have a sloping lot, too.

noseha
09-20-2006, 07:00 AM
is than a 4 hp 24'' wide blue bird 424

forgop
09-21-2006, 06:32 AM

thanks for listening,

Steve

That's the reason I used a pull behind yesterday. Much less wear and tear. The small amount of tears I have will be easily fixed and come at much less soreness than a walk behind.

bif
09-21-2006, 07:41 PM
yes...it's a 4hp and i believe it's a 24 inch...

thx,

Steve

BowtieBlazer
09-22-2006, 12:28 AM
does aerorating a yard really help all that much with well established grass?

jt5019
09-22-2006, 12:48 AM
Used the bluebird 424 today. On the flat areas i didnt think it was to bad but on slopes it really wore me down.Im glad i dont have many accounts with hills.

Budget
09-26-2006, 09:39 AM
I used my pull behind just this past weekend and it worked great. Rigged a rope to pull handle up to me so i could reach it. Just need a way to lift it up automaticaly and that would be the ticket. But i think a walk behind could be good for hills and tight areas, but you can't beat the speed of the tow unit.