PDA

View Full Version : Is the Everride deck very similar to the Toro SFS deck?

HenryB
09-09-2006, 01:11 PM
They look very similar both cut well, however, my big complaint with the SFS deck is that it does not chop the cut grass into fine pieces This concerns me with the Everride deck? Also mulching was not an option.

6'7 330
09-09-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm not familiar with everride, but you're analysis of the SFS deck is right on the money. Cut off three inch clippings, and three inches is what comes out the chute. We owned a couple SFS decks a few years ago, don't rid of them at a loss.

Envy Lawn Service
09-09-2006, 01:36 PM
They look very similar both cut well, however, my big complaint with the SFS deck is that it does not chop the cut grass into fine pieces This concerns me with the Everride deck? Also mulching was not an option.

Haven't cut with the Everride... don't like the SFS either, though the 44" seems to do OK for others...

Anyways, I would say the two decks are vaguely similar, but not much.
The EverFlow Tunnel Deck is a true tunnel deck and boy does it have a TUNNEL.
It's shallow in the rear, 5" deep at the beginning of the tunnel ramped to 8" at the discharge.
It is also built much stronger out of much thicker materials. (7 gauge)
The deck is fabricated (bent and welded) like others while the SFS is just stamped.
It also features a lot more blade overlap.

Just from looking at them, there is no question I'd choose the EverFlow over the SFS.
I'm not promoting them, just looks more impressive to me for that type of deck.

http://www.everride.com/images/Warrior_Features5.jpg