PDA

View Full Version : wheres the mag ?

lawns Etc
09-09-2006, 09:36 PM
I subscribed like 6 weeks ago and still no Turf mag how long should this take????

Eddie B
09-09-2006, 11:21 PM
I remember mine taking a while to show up. I had actually signed up again thinking maybe they didn't get it the first time.

jazak
09-10-2006, 12:17 AM
^^^^^ditto^^^^^

TurfEditor
09-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Depending on when your sub request hit the system, it can take up to 2 issue cycles for your address to get on the list.

Call 800-422-7147 and ask for circulation. Tell them you're waiting for your sub to start, and could they please send the current issue. I'm sure they'll be happy to send you out a copy.

David
Exec Editor

lawns Etc
10-12-2006, 09:27 PM
I still have not recieved the mag I called circulation over 3 weeks ago and one was "going right out" but maybe its coming PONY EXPRESS or something

jdshamong
10-14-2006, 05:58 PM
I subscribed like 6 weeks ago and still no Turf mag how long should this take????
ditto why is it that you have to b-itc- before you get your mag?:confused: :nono: :mad: :mad:

TeeBox
10-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Been close to 2 months for me and still no mag. I called circulation like TurfEditor said and still nota.

fixer67
10-15-2006, 10:54 PM
3 months and signed up twice and still nothing. I am not going to waste my time signing up a 3rd time.

TeeBox
10-16-2006, 08:02 AM
Also I emailed Kathy a while back and she responded with its on the way.

jdshamong
10-16-2006, 08:22 AM
SEAN time to WAKE UP and tell turf mag to step up or ship out......

kathyu
10-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Ok guys...here's the deal.

First of all, if you signed up online it can take anywhere from 1-2 months to get your first magazine. Why?
For example....
It's now Oct 16...this afternoon I will be pulling the subscriptions from our website because I will be also be pulling the mail list for the NOV issue...
Now, IF you were to go online tomorrow (or today AFTER I pull the subs), your subscription won't start until DEC, which means that yes, you signed up in the middle of OCT and didn't get your first issue until DEC.
If you feel like you should be receiving them already, you need to check with me about the status of your subscription. This is technology we're talking about, and it's not perfect.
If I have told you your magazine is on the way....it is. I don't make this stuff up, it's my job and I take it very seriously. When I check your status I'm looking to see if you have been served an issue yet.

I'm sorry that it seems to take forever for some of you to get your subscriptions, but if we get your info, we enter it and you WILL get your magazines.

You can email me directly at kupton@mrpllc.com (use lawnsite in the subject line so it doesn't go into my turf subscriptions folder) Give me your name and address and I will check each one out and get back to you with an EXACT date that you can expect your magazine.

Kathy

TeeBox
10-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Well guys I went to post office the moring and guess what...yup it was here...

thesargent
10-17-2006, 11:54 AM
for cryin out loud guys, its a free magazine! you speak as if its OWED to you, like you payed good money for it! come to think, of it wheres my latest issue?:)

lawns Etc
10-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Got mine finally today THANK YOU

kathyu
10-17-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm glad to hear you guys are getting your mags. Still haven't heard a peep from some of you though. I can't fix it if I don't know about it.

Hope you're all enjoying your Oct issue! :waving:

Chop Stuff Up
10-18-2006, 04:33 AM
just got oct here yesterday.

grass-scapes
10-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Heck, I was getting it and it just stopped coming. thats been months ago. I miss reading it. Where do I go to sign up again so I can get it in my pile.

kathyu
10-23-2006, 07:03 AM
Heck, I was getting it and it just stopped coming. thats been months ago. I miss reading it. Where do I go to sign up again so I can get it in my pile.

You can either sign up online at www.turfmagazine.com or you can fill out the card in one of the old magazines you have and drop it in the mail.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Kathy

cliplawn
11-14-2006, 10:13 AM
I never recieved mine. I ordered it about 6 weeks ago.

kathyu
11-14-2006, 11:14 AM
I never recieved mine. I ordered it about 6 weeks ago.

Hi,
Send me your name and address and I will look into it and get back to you!
kupton@mrpllc.com

Matts lawn care
11-18-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm glad to hear you guys are getting your mags. Still haven't heard a peep from some of you though. I can't fix it if I don't know about it.

Hope you're all enjoying your Oct issue! :waving:

hi im just responding regarding placing an order for turf mag i had placed a request about 1 and 1/2 months ago. im not being picky or anything just seeing if the order is in your data base. if you dont have it heres the info

Matt Erlandson
5205 flattail ct
columbia MD 21044

thanks for the help
matt

kathyu
11-19-2006, 05:29 AM
hi im just responding regarding placing an order for turf mag i had placed a request about 1 and 1/2 months ago. im not being picky or anything just seeing if the order is in your data base. if you dont have it heres the info

Matt Erlandson
5205 flattail ct
columbia MD 21044

thanks for the help
matt

Hi Matt,
I'm on vaca this week, but I'll send your inquiry to the office and have them send you the Nov issue if you're not on the list and make sure they get it taken care of for you. Have a great week!
Kathy

kathyu
11-27-2006, 07:53 AM
Hi Matt,
Your first issue will be the Dec 06 issue. I have asked the mailroom to send you the Nov issue to tide you over.

Have a great week!

Kathy

JDWalkbehind
01-18-2007, 08:07 PM
hi kathy i haven't got it either and i signed up over three mounths ago, sorry not trying to complain just wanting to know if you can get me on the list. Please and thank you. oh and sent you an e-mail.

Nick Hasler
17436 Red Shale Hill Rd.

if you need any more info let me know. thanks

nick

kathyu
01-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Hi Nick,

Your subscription did come thru and the February issue will be your first. I'm going to have the mailroom send out the Jan issue to hold you over and so you will have the complete 2007 collection. (who knows? someday they could make you a very rich man! :cool2: )

Take care and thanks for the note!

Kathy

JDWalkbehind
01-20-2007, 12:20 AM
thank you.

nick

kklein
02-19-2007, 08:18 PM
:cry:
I have been waiting for almost three months!

Ken

kathyu
02-20-2007, 07:02 AM
:cry:
I have been waiting for almost three months!

Ken

Ken,

I'm sending you an private message. There seems to be a problem with your mailing address.

Kathy

hmmmmm.....I guess no PM for you! Anyway, I went to your home page and fixed the problem with the mailing address. If you get the chance, just send me the info kupton@mrpllc.com to verify. We've sent 2 issues to you and both were returned by the PO.
I'm going to have the mail room send you the Jan and Feb issues and make a note to send the Mar issue as well, since we just pulled that mail list. April should start your regular service.

Thank you for the note. As I've said before, this is technology we're using and it's not always perfect. One wrong number in a mailling address and the PO won't deliver it.

So if anyone else feels they should be receiving their subscription and aren't....PLEASE let me know! I can check to see if we received it and verify addresses.

Thanks!

Kathy

Quicklawn
03-21-2007, 12:56 AM
Some months it comes other months do not recieve it.

kathyu
03-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Some months it comes other months do not recieve it.

Send me your name and address and which months you didn't receive it. I will do 3 things: first I will verify that you were on the mailing list, second I call the printers (where the magazine mails from) and verify that you were still on the list when the ran it and third, try to find you those copies you are missing.

you can email me your info at kupton@mrpllc.com

haybaler
04-18-2007, 09:06 PM
I received the march issue, but not april. I just tryed to sign up again on the net. we'll see.

kathyu
04-19-2007, 09:08 AM
I received the march issue, but not april. I just tryed to sign up again on the net. we'll see.

Ok guys, I need to know your name and address if something like this happens. Most likely, being the Apr issue, you will receive it in a couple of days. Either that, or the original address was rejected by the PO. If you receive it one month, you should receive it the next (subscriptions are good for one year). So PLEASE let me know if you're not receiving them! You can either PM me here or email me at kupton@mrpllc.com

Thanks!

*newusflag*

americanlawn
04-19-2007, 07:44 PM
After reading an angry post on this site against the magazine, I repied here and asked to restart my subscription.
I received my issue within a week. Nice people. Nice magazine.
You may want to call them?

Regards, american

haybaler
04-19-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm not angry, It's just annoying to never know when your going to get it. Before I was into landscaping I was farming and got a subscription to Farming and it was the same deal. hit or miss if you would get the issue or not.

kathyu
04-20-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm not angry, It's just annoying to never know when your going to get it. Before I was into landscaping I was farming and got a subscription to Farming and it was the same deal. hit or miss if you would get the issue or not.

Haybaler,

I posted a request for you to send me your name and address so that I could check on the situation, I have yet to receive anything. I can't fix it if you don't give me the tools.
To address the Turf and Farming issues not coming routinely, let me give you a crash course in how a circulation department runs.
1. We receive a card, internet request, fax or email requesting the publication.
2. We input that data into a database.
3. Each month we pull a mail list. We do not add people to or take people off from these lists.
4. We send the list to the printer, who then prints, addresses and drops the magazines into the mail.

So, if you received one magazine directly from our printer, you will receive another. If you are not, you need to check with your post master and mail delivery person.

A typical problem that we run into is that someone will call the office and ask for the magazine. We do not accept phoned in subscriptions. What we do is either direct you to the website to fill out the online subscription or send you a sample copy and ask that you fill out the subscription card that is enclosed. Some people call back wanting to know where the next month's issue is, but they haven't sent us the card or filled out the online form.

Again, please send me your name and address so that I can attempt to fix the problem. I can put your information in the USPS's epubwatch and track it from the time it leaves the printers and try to figure out where it is being lost.

kupton@mrpllc.com
:usflag:

HS Football Rules
08-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Is this really rocket science? lol

I'm not going to b i t ...c..h about a free mag ...but
c,mon..8 weeks and counting... lol

I know there are billions of issues to print and somehow get out to the billions of LCO's out there,
and it must be a tireless and daunting task.....but hey..

You said you could:weightlifter: do it....You said you would:cool2: do it

:laugh: AND WE FELL FOR IT !! :laugh:

kathyu
08-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Is this really rocket science? lol

I'm not going to b i t ...c..h about a free mag ...but
c,mon..8 weeks and counting... lol

I know there are billions of issues to print and somehow get out to the billions of LCO's out there,
and it must be a tireless and daunting task.....but hey..

You said you could:weightlifter: do it....You said you would:cool2: do it

:laugh: AND WE FELL FOR IT !! :laugh:

Give me the tools and I CAN and WILL. This is technology, if you haven't received your magazine in that time, might it not be wise to contact me and see if we even received your request? Or perhaps there was a typo in your address, a misplaced digit in the zip...there are any number of reasons why you wouldn't receive it, but us just making that random decision is NOT one of them. Send me your name and address and I will see if we even have you in the system.
If you feel like we are trying to somehow scam you with a FREE subscription, please, by all means, don't send me the info I need to check it for you, but also don't b*&tch because you haven't received it.
I can't fix it if I don't know it's broke.:usflag:

HS Football Rules
08-08-2007, 05:21 PM
For one I said in the beginning I wasn't bi*ching...but the opportunity to poke fun at a flawed system couldn't be missed.
And secondly, my memory is failing more and more , but I don't remember the
"Contact Kathy if we blow it" portion of the signup process....it either works or it doesn't....and judging from the multitudes of posts here....well..you do the math.

Like I said, it's a free mag, no skin of my nose, I'll pm with the info you requested...and if it shows up great...if not..I won't lose any sleep over it. K ?

kathyu
08-09-2007, 09:11 AM
For one I said in the beginning I wasn't bi*ching...but the opportunity to poke fun at a flawed system couldn't be missed.
And secondly, my memory is failing more and more , but I don't remember the
"Contact Kathy if we blow it" portion of the signup process....it either works or it doesn't....and judging from the multitudes of posts here....well..you do the math.

Like I said, it's a free mag, no skin of my nose, I'll pm with the info you requested...and if it shows up great...if not..I won't lose any sleep over it. K ?

The system is not flawed, but it IS technology. Yes, it's a free magazine, but we take our jobs seriously and try very hard to please our subscribers. Without you, we have nothing.
Most of the posts here were simply a matter of thinking subscription was an instaneous event. As in your case (and thank you for the information, I am having the mailroom send you the July issue to hold you until the August issue arrives) you filled out the form on Jun 30, we pulled the maillist on July 13 for the August issue and it mailed yesterday. Given those conditions, anyone who subscribed AFTER July 13 (or after the time we pulled the list on the 13th) will not receive their first issue until September.

Any suggestions on how we could make it quicker would be appreciated, but understand we do have limits on what we can and can't do. :)

I am glad to hear you won't lose sleep over it....:waving:

:usflag: