PDA

View Full Version : 30% discount?

qualitylawnmanagement
09-10-2006, 01:43 AM
Well I asked my dad about getting a new truck threw his company and they can get 30% off the price (GM and Ford). Well I went truck shopping today and went a see some 2500HD. Well I saw one I liked and it is a

2007 Chevy 2500HD LT3 super cab long bed fully loaded with the 6.6 Allison trans for 44,904 sticker value. And with my dads 30% off and my trade in it sounds like a sweet deal.

Sticker price:
$44,904

30% discount
$13,471.20

Trade in
$4,500

Total Price:
$26,932.00

Not bad for a fully loaded ext cab 6.6 auto?

mike lane lawn care
09-10-2006, 10:01 AM
sounds like a good deal, a used one can cost that much. thank god for parents:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

FANS
09-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Tax and Tags and Insurance - which is going to high on a new truck with what's considered a big engine.

mow king
09-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Sell your truck privately, You'll do better.

Petr51488
09-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Can you get me one? I looked at a 2007 4 door long bed diesel fully loaded and it costs about 48-50k. I would jump right on it for 30% off. Do any of you guys think that the employee discount will ever come back?

Scag48
09-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Buying a new work truck is stupid. Even though you're getting a good deal, you can get one hell of a truck for $15K. The price is cheap, that's for sure, makes buying used look stupid at $26,XXX for a new rig, but your insurance is going to be hardcore.

If you do decide to go through with it, sell your truck private, they axe you on trades.

As for the employee discount coming back, hard to say. GM is going to be in a world of hurt 3-4 years from now pumping out trucks and SUV's that get terrible gas mileage. GM's cars suck, end of story, they rely solely on truck/SUV sales to push them through. Going to be hard to compete with Nissan, Toyota, Honda, and Mazda producing cheap, fuel efficient cars. I"m not saying Ford is going to be in good shape either, but Ford sells way more trucks than SUV's and SUV sales have been WAY down whereas truck sales haven't really dropped all that much at all, still a demand for a work rig. It's the big grocery getters that are taking the axe in sales and that's GM's pride and joy.

stroker51
09-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Can you get that same deal on an '06? From what I gather all of the diesel truck engines have had quite a bit of stuff re-worked to meet '07 emissions standards, and there will be a lot of unproven technology in the first trucks. My uncle is shop foreman for an International truck dealer, and said that all the fleets have been buyin up the '06's to avoid about a 5K increase in purchase cost, and the possible problems that go with tweaking everything to meet these standards. Just a thought, but that seems like a helluva deal for a new truck.

Scag48
09-11-2006, 04:23 AM
Yep, I second trying to get an '06, '07 is the downfall of diesels as far as I can tell. They haven't even hit the streets in full force yet and everyone is already making estimates as to what the damage count is going to be. My advice is to buy something pre '07 or wait until '09 or '10 until they have the bugs worked out. Can you say '03 Ford 6.0?

MTR
09-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Buying a new work truck is stupid. Even though you're getting a good deal, you can get one hell of a truck for $15K. The price is cheap, that's for sure, makes buying used look stupid at $26,XXX for a new rig, but your insurance is going to be hardcore.

If you do decide to go through with it, sell your truck private, they axe you on trades.

As for the employee discount coming back, hard to say. GM is going to be in a world of hurt 3-4 years from now pumping out trucks and SUV's that get terrible gas mileage. GM's cars suck, end of story, they rely solely on truck/SUV sales to push them through. Going to be hard to compete with Nissan, Toyota, Honda, and Mazda producing cheap, fuel efficient cars. I"m not saying Ford is going to be in good shape either, but Ford sells way more trucks than SUV's and SUV sales have been WAY down whereas truck sales haven't really dropped all that much at all, still a demand for a work rig. It's the big grocery getters that are taking the axe in sales and that's GM's pride and joy.

Ford owns Mazda.

Scag48
09-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Ford owns Mazda.

Hmmm, news to me. I think what's going to happen with GM is that they're going to get bought out just like Dailmer Chrysler did by Mercedes Benz.

ed2hess
09-11-2006, 06:21 PM
We just bought the Chev 3/4 ton with diesel. Trying to get a bottom line price at these damn dealers is like pulling teeth. We didn't pay much more than your price and we didn't have a 30% ticket, but don't know how much that 4x4 feature adds. We did have a price of $27K on Ford F250 with diesel extended cab full bed white color and again no 4x4. Sometimes the money cost for a used truck drives the cost way up compared to new truck money. One of these companies had zero percent last month.

JTF40
09-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Ford owns Mazda.

Only 49% ! :usflag:

FIRESCOOBY
09-12-2006, 02:36 PM
The 2007 CLASSIC is the same as the 2006. The new 2007 diesels have not been released yet.

If you get the 30%, make sure that it is off the price AFTER rebates. I think the 2007 Classics have around $2500 right now. Plus you'll get the 100k mile warranty. The Duramax and Allison already has the 100k. I bought a new 2006 a few weeks ago that stickered for $45,500. The price after rebates was $33k. You can get a GMID (GM in the driveway) price if you search hard enough (www.dieselplace.com). I also traded my truck in (2004 Tacoma) and got a price that was pretty unbelievable. But, they knew the Toyota would sell quickly. In fact, it sold within 30 minutes of being traded in. It had been at the dealer for a week while I drove the 2500HD. Someone had been eyeing it, so they gave me an extraordinary trade in price.

Good luck.

2004F550
09-12-2006, 02:43 PM
The only time you have to worry about an 07 diesel in anything is if the truck is built on Jan1 2007 or after...if they say different their just trying to screw you over

gammon landscaping
09-13-2006, 12:18 AM
ok guys trading is the same as selling out right. lets get out our pens and pencils.

ok trade in price 4500
sell out right price 5200

seems simple right
but when you sell your truck out right ( i am assuming you have writen this truck off you taxes) you have to pay taxes on the sell of this truck as it was full profit. then you have to pay taxes on the full 26,000 of the new truck.

so you will most likly pay a grand in income taxes on the sale of you old truck and 6-700 more in taxes on you new one

so you sell it for 7-800 more but you pay twice that in taxes

if you trade in the old truck you only have to pay taxes on 22,000 or what ever the differance is

ask your tax man

i bet he trades

YardPro
09-13-2006, 07:58 PM

i agree totally.....
until your business gorws to a poing that you need the tax incentives, buying new is stupid....

as a small one man show you're wasting money that could be better spent on your business...

ALL AUTO"S depreciate. Period.... why not put that extra $10-15K into something that will increase in value, or even another truck so you can have 2 crews going...more money coming in for the same expense....

qualitylawnmanagement
09-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys for the information. I am going to see how much I have at the end of the season and go from there. And I don't know if I am going to trade or not, I was thinking about buying a plow for it today since I was talking with one of the dealers and I can get a good deal on one.

ALarsh
09-14-2006, 08:47 AM
i agree totally.....
until your business gorws to a poing that you need the tax incentives, buying new is stupid....

as a small one man show you're wasting money that could be better spent on your business...

ALL AUTO"S depreciate. Period.... why not put that extra $10-15K into something that will increase in value, or even another truck so you can have 2 crews going...more money coming in for the same expense....
What kind of deals? When I was truck searching I found that if you wanted something for $15K (3/4 or 1 ton), you were looking at a truck with upwards of 100,000 miles.

I paid $22,900 and got a truck with 15,000 miles.

nac
09-14-2006, 08:54 PM
I most have got a great deal when i tradedin my 03 GMC 2500HD EC with 66,000 miles i got about 25,000 for the trade.

rutwad
09-15-2006, 02:14 AM
Do what make YOU happy :) . I was in the market for a used diesel. I searched and found many that had 100k ++ and were selling for upper teen's or even in the twenties. I am pretty anul about the upkeep of my vehicles, and buying one with this many miles concerned me. Sure, it may last forever. Or it may not make it out of the driveway in the morning. I wanted something I know I can depend on. I decided to buy new after I saw how much used trucks were selling for. Just b/c you buy new doesn't mean you have to be extravagant. I bought a plain WT model and I am well pleased so far. Good Luck whatever you decide!