PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Navigator

indy2tall
09-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Who has used one or more Navigators this season and how did you like them? How were they on wet grass? Did you have to go super slow in wet grass? How good did it strip? What didn't you like about the Navigator?

topsites
09-10-2006, 11:04 AM
I don't know, but will they come out with an Aviator later, and the Aviator be much smaller than the Navigator, then get sued by Ford, the makers of Lincoln?

jazak
09-10-2006, 11:25 AM
I don't know, but will they come out with an Aviator later, and the Aviator be much smaller than the Navigator, then get sued by Ford, the makers of Lincoln?

^^^^UM he's talking about EXMARKS NAVIGATOR^^^^

John Gamba
09-10-2006, 01:48 PM

Thats what i thought:confused:

tacoma200
09-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Bar tender, I'll have what he's having! Make it a double.

Scotts' Yard Care
09-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Damn but this is some great entertainment:drinkup: Now back to those blower equipped thingys and how they work in the wet:confused:

Hurricane Lawn
09-10-2006, 05:05 PM
I've ran A Navigator since late April. I love it! Ran Walkers for about 15 years, but took a long hard look at the exmark, and liked what I saw. No problems in wet grass, or even in 14 days of Bahia growth down here on the Gulf Coast. Actually, now that I think of it, it only clogged up one time all season, and that was when I was doing a major clean up job that was a mixture of leaves, pinestraw, and a month or more of growth following 2 days of heavy rain. It has better pick-up than a Walker, and the cut quality is every bit as good. The machine is heavier built overall than Walker as well. It's a more maintenence friendly machine as well. Did I mention that they are anywhere from 1-2 grand cheaper?

John Gamba
09-10-2006, 05:07 PM
I've ran A Navigator since late April. I love it! Ran Walkers for about 15 years, but took a long hard look at the exmark, and liked what I saw. No problems in wet grass, or even in 14 days of Bahia growth down here on the Gulf Coast. Actually, now that I think of it, it only clogged up one time all season, and that was when I was doing a major clean up job that was a mixture of leaves, pinestraw, and a month or more of growth following 2 days of heavy rain. It has better pick-up than a Walker, and the cut quality is every bit as good. The machine is heavier built overall than Walker as well. It's a more maintenence friendly machine as well. Did I mention that they are anywhere from 1-2 grand cheaper?

Sweet. i will say exmark did a great job of improving that design:cool2:

tacoma200
09-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Well that's about the first informative review on the Navigator I've read. I really hadn't heard how they preformed compared to the Walker and I'm sure we will get mixed opinions. Bartender keep em coming.

John Gamba
09-10-2006, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=tacoma200]Well that's about the first informative review on the Navigator I've read. QUOTE]

Then you don't read much. Do a search:laugh:

tacoma200
09-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Yea, I read this forum too much probably. My bad if I missed it. I probably wasn't looking for it too hard because it was not the size or type mower one would use around here. I tend to skip over some things if I'm not interested in the product. I'm not very well informed on anything smaller than a 60" (and that's in question). Have a good one (day) John. I'm trying to branch out from mowing to include other sevices such as the one below

Envy Lawn Service
09-10-2006, 08:47 PM
I've said from the start that eXmark built a better Walker from the first time I saw it.

No disrespect meant towards Walker at all though.

tacoma200
09-10-2006, 09:42 PM
I've said from the start that eXmark built a better Walker from the first time I saw it.

No disrespect meant towards Walker at all though.
But do they make a better out front than a Grasshopper. If the Navigator is better than the Walker it imitates thats saying alot for Exmark. If they can match Grasshopper with an out front that would be even more impressive but Grasshopper has been at this a long time.

tacoma200
09-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Not sure I understood your post but it just struck me as funny. No disrespect intended. Have a good one my friend.

Envy Lawn Service
09-11-2006, 01:10 AM
But do they make a better out front than a Grasshopper. If the Navigator is better than the Walker it imitates thats saying alot for Exmark. If they can match Grasshopper with an out front that would be even more impressive but Grasshopper has been at this a long time.

Good... I phrased it well then.

Walker does indeed have a good machine.
But you can look over the eXmark version and see that eXmark worked hard to build a better Walker. But even so, that doesn't make eXmark bad.

When you start talking about Grasshopper outfronts... well then I assume you are thinking in terms of the eXmark FrontRunner. That sure looks to be a nice machine also. It's equipped with the UltraCut deck which is a plus too I guess.

But is it better than a Grasshopper? Cut wise, I'd guess it depends on where you are in the world. Overall machine wise... I haven't been around a FrontRunner in person to say. Attachments wise... no comparison at all.

That's the down side of the eXmarks. Walker and Grasshopper have them killed in the attachment department. eXmark has almost nothing, while there is all sorts of stuff you can do with a Walker or Grasshopper besides just mow and catch grass.

topsites
09-11-2006, 02:18 AM

Please pardon the victims of wit lag.

Not sure I understood your post but it just struck me as funny. No disrespect intended. Have a good one my friend.

It was intended as such, tongue in cheek humor I think it's called.
If I put a laugh or smiley face by it, it gives it away and ruins the joke.

tacoma200
09-11-2006, 02:27 AM
Please pardon the victims of wit lag.

It was intended as such, tongue in cheek humor I think it's called.
If I put a laugh or smiley face by it, it gives it away and ruins the joke.
Got a good laugh, you got me on that one! Ha

John Gamba
09-11-2006, 05:59 AM
Yea, I read this forum too much probably. My bad if I missed it. I probably wasn't looking for it too hard because it was not the size or type mower one would use around here. I tend to skip over some things if I'm not interested in the product. I'm not very well informed on anything smaller than a 60" (and that's in question). Have a good one (day) John. I'm trying to branch out from mowing to include other sevices such as the one below

Pay me to put the graffiti on and they pay you to take it off:laugh: :laugh:

tacoma200
09-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Pay me to put the graffiti on and they pay you to take it off:laugh: :laugh:
It's a deal.!

tallimeca
09-12-2006, 09:16 AM
I have put up quite a few posts about the Navigators. We have sold quite a few. There was skepticism at first, like always when competition arises for something that has been around so long, but so far so good. I have a couple with a full year on them and have had 0 problems. I had a nut come loose on a pivot arm for the blade engage. It still worked but rattled a bit. That's it.

Performance feedback has been great and I think there is finally solid options to buying a walker. The Textron Machines did well for us, their support was terrible however.

We have sold 1 Front runner. These machines are not a big deal in more of a city area that we are, but a Housing Authority bought one and they beat the crap out of it. I'm not familiar with GrassHopper, but I've heard good things.

I know there is 1 update that Exmark has sent out on the Front runner for the 60 inch ultra cut deck. Just a support bracket for where the deck mounts. Reports of some bending. Probably from smashing the deck into things.

As far as attachment go, yes walker has alot more to offer, but that's all they build is "Walker Style" mowers, so it's easy. The only attachments my customers look for really is the dethatcher attatchment, which is easily solved by installing a JRCO dethatcher.

Exmark does offer a plowblade and a snowblower , by RAD, but again, no one uses them. There are a billion walkers around in our area and i've yet to see one set up for snow removal.

Willofalltrades
09-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Navigator looks like a solid machine. It looks like it has improvements to enhance profit over the Walker's design. I don't like the engine choices though. I must say the operator seat is very nice. lol (not that helps you any)