PDA

View Full Version : Deductions

CK82
09-10-2006, 02:56 PM
I am trying to figure out what expenses can be taken as tax deductions, I have an accountant do my income tax and such but she hasnt been very helpful on to what exactly I can take deductions on. For instance is taking a client (friend) to play golf, or eating out for lunch during the day able to be taken as a deduction. Things like that I guess I am looking for some information on. Thanks

Thirdpete
09-11-2006, 06:11 PM
if its a business related expense then its deductible. if its not then its not. but get an accountant that can tell you that. theres rules for gifts and stuff.

1MajorTom
09-11-2006, 09:14 PM
I am trying to figure out what expenses can be taken as tax deductions, I have an accountant do my income tax and such but she hasnt been very helpful on to what exactly I can take deductions on. For instance is taking a client (friend) to play golf, or eating out for lunch during the day able to be taken as a deduction. Things like that I guess I am looking for some information on. Thanks
find yourself a better accountant, that will answer all your questions, and will look out for your best interest. afterall, you are paying her.

CK82
09-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Yeah that probably is a good idea, I am currently a one man opertation, well for the most part I didnt think I needed more of an accountant than I had.