View Full Version : rubber cap maybe?

09-10-2006, 03:00 PM
i noticed today the plastic cap that cover the gears/gease on my trailer jack popped off and is missing?
does anyone know if they sell rubber caps somewhere, or replacement caps for this?
any quick fix ideas other then tape?
the outside diameter is 2 1/8.

09-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Plastic wrap maybe? Iunno

09-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Cut a beer can to fit and then wire it in place...then paint to blend it in.

09-11-2006, 06:28 PM
id say just get a piece of 2inch pvc and pound it on, im sure it would fit tightly

09-11-2006, 07:25 PM
i think the PVC idea would be the best, and esiest

09-11-2006, 07:39 PM
thanks guys
Home depot sells a 2" rubber cap with clamp for closing off PVC piping, so that was perfect.... but i went to the place where my truck was parked a few days ago, and there on the floor was the cap. so life is back in balence.

but for the future, if this happens to anyone, rubber "qwick caps" from home depot.

09-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Home Deopt didn't happen to have small square caps did they? I am missing one on my boat trailer.