PDA

View Full Version : great dane (mediocre dane)

lawnrich
09-10-2006, 11:51 PM
:cool2: i have a great dane 52 super suffer it replaeced a 61 scag walk hydro which i still have and use i bought the 52 for monuvering and acces. but it lays grass down and tears turf turning. i have seen a 60 dane cut lawns great is it just cuz its a 52

lawnrich
09-11-2006, 12:04 AM
anyone out there

Richard Martin
09-11-2006, 06:39 AM
Are you asking a question or making a statement?

REALSLOW
09-11-2006, 08:38 AM
:cool2: i have a great dane 52 super suffer it replaeced a 61 scag walk hydro which i still have and use i bought the 52 for monuvering and acces. but it lays grass down and tears turf turning. i have seen a 60 dane cut lawns great is it just cuz its a 52 If you really must know the mower are pieces of chit. I rented a DEERE quik trac for a day which is a close copy of a Super Surfer and all I can say is Dane Scags must have been really pissed when he lost the rights to build his original Surfer to Wright!

wahlturfcare
09-11-2006, 09:48 AM
I use the super surfers and love them. You do need to slow down on them when turning though otherwise you do slide the wheels around and tear the grass. You might check the belt tension. I do know that the front tires sometimes lay the grass down, but I usually slow down to fix that.

lawnrich
09-11-2006, 11:25 AM
no a question does mowing with the deck lower help stand the grass up

REALSLOW
09-11-2006, 01:35 PM
I use the super surfers and love them. You do need to slow down on them when turning though otherwise you do slide the wheels around and tear the grass. You might check the belt tension. I do know that the front tires sometimes lay the grass down, but I usually slow down to fix that. That is the point they tear the grass like a big ZTR but are not as productive as the best ones and are almost as expensive. The thing that made the original surfer so good was that is was compact,light,manuverable and only tore the turf a touch more than a WB but then they redesigned it and ruined it in my opinion. And it gets stuck easy and is hard to get unstuck , a real piece of crap. Put it on the list of the Mr. hainey special of 35 cents on the $!