PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Film

ACutAbovesiny
09-11-2006, 12:01 AM
Who uses it?
What do you think about it?

Im not taking a survey or anything, just want some opinions because I'm interested in the product.

Thanks in advance for any information:) .

Raven386
09-11-2006, 12:03 AM
im getting a sample can sent out monday... i cannot wait to use it.. ive heard some awesome things about it.. just do a search theres a ton of stuff about it.

dcondon
09-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Get some and you will love it!!!!!!!!! Contact Dano50 and I'm sure he will give you a free can. We love it and use it all the time.:cool2: :cool2:

1MajorTom
09-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Matt has used it and liked it alot. He put it underneath the deck, made scraping a breeze. He wants to buy this by the gallon if possible, not in aerosol can. i'll need to check out their website and see where to locate this.

GLC51
09-11-2006, 12:23 AM
I buy the big cans. The spray cans don't last too long. I have a degreaser spray attachment that siphons it up out of a bottle and hook it up to my air compressor. It's really thick and I water it down a bit so it can srpay . I spray the underside of the deck with it.

naturescape
09-11-2006, 09:52 AM
They sent me a sample and I LOVE it. I will be buying more.

WJW Lawn
09-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Had a sample sent to me...LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! Bought some more...it's great stuff, and Im most amazed with how clear it keeps my deck. Get some!

Dano50
09-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Thought I'd bring this one back to the top. Any more recommendations?

Lazer_Z
09-11-2006, 07:44 PM
It's great stuff I have to get some more. Dan is a great guy to deal with, my first can got lost so I contacted him about it and got a second can sent out to me.

Rob

P.S. Dan, I got my shirt today thanks :waving:

Brendan Smith
09-11-2006, 08:16 PM
great stuff!! i am totally sold on it for everything that needs lubrication/corrosion protection.

extreme lawn care
09-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Great product.

Stafford Landscaping
09-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Who and how do I contact to get this stuff a try I have tryed all kinds of stuff to keep my deck clean and nothing has really worked well for me.
Thanks.

parkeeee
09-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Is this product used mainly to make clean up of the underside of the mower deck easier? Or does it have other applications?

Dano50
09-11-2006, 10:15 PM
The easiest place to find a dealer for Fluid Film is through the dealer locator (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/locator/dealer.html)on our website (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com). We are also sold nationally through John Deere farm equipment dealers and are available online through Mowpart.com.

If you have never tried Fluid Film, just contact me (dwilliams@eurekafluidfilm.com) and I'll get a can right out to you.

The main function of Fluid Film is as a corrosion preventive. It imbeds into the pores of metal and prevents any oxidation from occurring. It is also an excellent lubricant because it remains slick and will not evaporate from the surface. Because it contains no solvents and will not get gummy or sticky, it makes it an excellent chain lube and helps keep grass from clumping when applied under the deck of a mower.

It can also be used as a penetrant but will not act as quickly as other products, like PB Blaster. Fluid Film will keep you from having to cut off a bolt. It never stops working and will continue to migrate and seep into inaccessible areas. Give it enough time and it will get anything loose.

For an indoor application Fluid Film can last at least a year with one shot. It is an excellent protectant for battery terminals. Fluid Film is non-conductive so make sure your connections are tight before applying Fluid Film. One application will last at least a year.

Fluid Film will not freeze, which makes it great as an ice inhibitor or snow release agent. It will help keep locks from freezing.

Use Fluid Film as an undercoating, and one no-drip application will last a full year protecting your car from road salt and moisture.

Visit our website for more information or ask any question you wish. That is what I'm here for.

kmann
09-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Matt has used it and liked it alot. He put it underneath the deck, made scraping a breeze. He wants to buy this by the gallon if possible, not in aerosol can. i'll need to check out their website and see where to locate this.
Mow Parts .com sells in 1 and 5 gallon cans.

parkeeee
09-12-2006, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=Dano50]

It can also be used as a penetrant but will not act as quickly as other products, like PB Blaster. Fluid Film will keep you from having to cut off a bolt. It never stops working and will continue to migrate and seep into inaccessible areas. Give it enough time and it will get anything loose.

[QUOTE]

I just e-mailed you for a sample. I've have a chain around a tree with a BIG padlock on it that has been there for at least 8 years. Whenever I think of it I will spray some wd into it and try to open it. I will put some Fluid Film into it and give it time (not 8 years) and see if it will open.

Will instructions come with the product? I am wondering if when I apply it to the underneath of a mowing deck if there is a waiting time before I can mow.

Thanks

ACutAbovesiny
09-12-2006, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=Dano50]

[QUOTE]

I just e-mailed you for a sample. I've have a chain around a tree with a BIG padlock on it that has been there for at least 8 years. Whenever I think of it I will spray some wd into it and try to open it. I will put some Fluid Film into it and give it time (not 8 years) and see if it will open.

Will instructions come with the product? I am wondering if when I apply it to the underneath of a mowing deck if there is a waiting time before I can mow.

Thanks

Thats a good question...can you mow right after or should it be sprayed after your work is done?

Dano50
09-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Thats a good question...can you mow right after or should it be sprayed after your work is done?

Clean out your deck, spray Fluid Film and get to work. :) Fluid Film can be sprayed over a damp surface, but for best results, use Fluid Film on a regular basis. I'm not just saying this to sell product (Let's face it, I'm a salesman), but Fluid Film will work better the more often you use it. The fact that Fluid Film contains no solvents and imbeds into the pores of metal means that the more often you apply to your deck after mowing, the more it will imbed and retain the slick coating that is going to keep grass from sticking and protect your deck from corrosion.

lordmaximus240
09-12-2006, 10:55 PM
sprayed under my deck and every bolt and spring on my exmark wb. its really thick and clings to what you put it on. Had a door in my house always squeaked tried everything on it within a day would be squeaking again, sprayed with Fluid Film 3 days ago not sqeaking yet. PS also shot some in all my padlocks no more hard to open padlocks. I ordered a gallon love it

ACutAbovesiny
09-12-2006, 10:58 PM
I cant wait until I get my sample to try it out. I'm really excited to see if its as good as all of you say.

Gatewayuser
09-12-2006, 11:39 PM
You should be excited fluid film is GREAT! I have used it on everything imaginable and it's still amazing me!

Chop Stuff Up
09-13-2006, 12:31 AM
Dano... how can I get my dealer to carry this? what info should I give him?

twj721
09-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Hey DanO Thanks for the sample really was suprised by it jsut circled the ad numbe in the TURF Mag and was jsut expecting some literture Will let you know how I like it as soon as I can get back to work Seems that my weedeater got mad at me and spit a rock at me and hit my left eye What was supid was I had my safety glasses on on top of my cap DUH :hammerhead: heres your sign when it get to dark to see with saftety glasses it is time to go home :hammerhead: not bad just sorta blured a bit and a whole lot uncomfortable for sure wife called me a DA and I really hated to but I agreed for once any THANKS!!!! for the sample. Twj aka Jarrett's Mowing

Dano50
09-13-2006, 02:55 AM
Hey DanO Thanks for the sample really was suprised by it jsut circled the ad numbe in the TURF Mag and was jsut expecting some literture Will let you know how I like it as soon as I can get back to work Seems that my weedeater got mad at me and spit a rock at me and hit my left eye What was supid was I had my safety glasses on on top of my cap DUH :hammerhead: heres your sign when it get to dark to see with saftety glasses it is time to go home :hammerhead: not bad just sorta blured a bit and a whole lot uncomfortable for sure wife called me a DA and I really hated to but I agreed for once any THANKS!!!! for the sample. Twj aka Jarrett's Mowing

Thank God you didn't lose an eye! I am so sorry to hear about the accident. I hope everything heals up well and you're welcome for the sample. It seems very insignificant when reading this post.

Dano50
09-13-2006, 03:09 AM
Dano... how can I get my dealer to carry this? what info should I give him?

Just tell him what you think of the product and how you would like to see him carry it. Give him our info (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/globals/contact.html)and let him know we will help support the product.

That's it! Our customers are all we need to make this happen. If your dealers recognize they can sell the product they will carry it.

Thank you!

Something D
09-13-2006, 06:39 AM
Got a sample can from Dano a couple months ago. Love it. I put it on everthing. Mower Deck is clean, House door locks were stiff put some fluid film in there now the key slides in and out easily, Garage door wheels, anything. I have heard some people wash their mowers then spray it over the mower to keep it clean. Havn't tried that yet but thinking about it.
I will never go back to WD-40 or anything like that again. Keep Fluid Film in my cabinet and my truck all the time. Once you get a sample from Dano I guarentee you will buy some more.

Thanks Dano. Never did get a shirt but o-well.

parkeeee
09-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Clean out your deck, spray Fluid Film and get to work. :) Fluid Film can be sprayed over a damp surface, but for best results, use Fluid Film on a regular basis. I'm not just saying this to sell product (Let's face it, I'm a salesman), but Fluid Film will work better the more often you use it. The fact that Fluid Film contains no solvents and imbeds into the pores of metal means that the more often you apply to your deck after mowing, the more it will imbed and retain the slick coating that is going to keep grass from sticking and protect your deck from corrosion.

When you say that it will imbed into the pores of the metal, does it have to be exposed metal? What about painted surfaces?

After the end of the season when I do final clean up on equipment I will spray paint the underside of the deck in areas that the paint has peeled away from. Will paint adhere to a fluid film treated area?

Dano50
09-13-2006, 08:52 PM
When you say that it will imbed into the pores of the metal, does it have to be exposed metal? What about painted surfaces?

After the end of the season when I do final clean up on equipment I will spray paint the underside of the deck in areas that the paint has peeled away from. Will paint adhere to a fluid film treated area?

Good questions. You could spray Fluid Film over a painted surface and it will protect the same as it would over bare metal. If you want to paint over a surface treated with Fluid Film, you are going to want to clean it off with a good biodegradable cleaner, mild solvent or pressure water wash. Paint will not adhere if Fluid Film is on the surface since Fluid Film doesn't dry.

hillndale
09-13-2006, 10:13 PM
I got my sample can a week ago. Thank you very much. For over a year I have been upset with the lack of response when pulling back on the control arms of my Scag Z Cat. I was having terrible experiences on thin turf. I've discussed it in this forum a few times. I changed dampners/shocks. There are these little springs the control arms hit in reverse. I sprayed them with WD 40 at someones suggestion, but that didn't do anything. (someone suggested removing these springs altogether). Anyways, the first thing I did with my sample can of Fluid Film was spray down those daggone springs. I pulled & pushed on the control arms a few times & left it overnight. Well, I don't believe it but I am getting much better contol out of my "controls". I'm so glad I asked for a sample. I'm gonna blast em' regularly. I will use fluid film from now on. Many Thanks!!!!

hillndale :headphones:

mcwlandscaping
09-13-2006, 10:22 PM
best stuff EVER. just don't get it on your mower brakes, it will take a year to get off!!LOL, that wasnt fun! most amazing awsome project

ACutAbovesiny
09-13-2006, 11:56 PM
Cant wait to use it. I know lots of stuff it can help.

par69
09-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Got my free sample today. Thanks

I have a dumpbed insert in my pickup. It has some rust on it, just surface. I am going to paint it with rust oleum. Then if i spray on the fluid film I should not get rust ever again?

Dano50
09-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Got my free sample today. Thanks

I have a dumpbed insert in my pickup. It has some rust on it, just surface. I am going to paint it with rust oleum. Then if i spray on the fluid film I should not get rust ever again?

I am not sure about what you mean by a dumpbed insert. When I hear the term I think of some type of a hard plastic liner. If your insert is going to be out in the elements, you are going to have to reapply Fluid Film on occasion to keep it protecting properly.

Dashunde
09-14-2006, 07:52 PM
I like it fine, sticks pretty good, stays put when wet. Good lube.

parkeeee
09-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Just got my free sample yesterday. Thank you very much.

I will try it on the padlock that has been rusted shut for the last several years and post my results.

I was wondering if it has ever been used on plows, snowblowers or shovels to keep that wet sticking snow from clogging up the works.

43 degrees here, snow can't be far away.

Raven386
09-20-2006, 09:01 AM
just got my sample can too. Thank You!! ive used it maybe twice and im getting ready to order more! Thank you again!!

Dano50
09-20-2006, 04:14 PM
I was wondering if it has ever been used on plows, snowblowers or shovels to keep that wet sticking snow from clogging up the works.

43 degrees here, snow can't be far away.

You bet Fluid Film (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com)will work during the winter months to protect equipment and keep snow and ice from sticking. We have some great testimonials from snow-equipment operators regarding Fluid Film and its ability to work for those applications.

Fluid Film won't freeze so neither will your locks. It will help keep snow from sticking in snow blower chutes and will help keep ice from building up on snow plows.

grandview (2006)
09-20-2006, 05:39 PM
I tried some on my snowplow cutting edge, and after it rains it sits underwater after it drys it still covering the edge.