PDA

View Full Version : people not paying untill snow falls for lawn

smarino21
09-10-2006, 11:42 PM
i have customers that are unpaid, i always try to chase them but then feel its not worth it now because theywill all eventually pay. I just wondered what you guys do to make sure everyone is paid up?

Raven386
09-11-2006, 12:17 AM
contracts work well. most of my customers pay when i cut. theres only about 10 that are invoiced. but they have "payment terms"

rodfather
09-11-2006, 06:12 AM
Simple...I include a hand written message that those with unpaid lawn mowing balances don't get plowed and those with unpaid plowing balances don't get mowed. Never fails to work too btw.

Green-Pro
09-11-2006, 07:47 AM
I know guys around here that don't get in a big twist if customers go beyond the end of the month. Bill out the first, due date the fifteenth, still no payment first of the next month. They know they will pay, but in the customers own time, not by the due date. I don't stand for this, these are not the type customers I want. When payment has not made it to my mailbox by the end of the month (due the fifteenth, fifteen day "Grace" period) they are then slapped with a late penalty fee and a notation on the invoice states service is suspended until account is brought up to date. I don't give a rats backside if they are rich, poor, professional, blue collar, whatever. Rules apply to all the same unless there is some sort of communication indicating a problem with timely payment, before the due date.
Again, I do not want these type of customers, the type that pay later and later repeatedly. There are plenty of customers/potential customers out there that will pay on time.