PDA

View Full Version : For flyers does black & white or color make a difference?

Vikings
09-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Or black with one color, 2 colors etc. I'm talking about plain old flyers.

Lumberjack
09-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Color catches the eye.

Black is easier for most to read tho.

ChadsLawn
09-12-2006, 08:23 AM
b/w fliers wont hurt your wallet as bad as colored.

ALarsh
09-12-2006, 05:20 PM
I do full color and get great positive feedback. It sets you apart from the rest.

dcramer
09-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Try to do color!! It costs more but looks more professional

CoupesCuts
09-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Use COLOR!!! Show people a GREEN Lawn on the postcard. BIG Difference.

Lynden-Jeff
09-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Well out of these which is better:

http://www.lyndenlawncare.com/flyergood22.jpg

Or

http://www.lyndenlawncare.com/flyergood1.jpg

It makes a difference!

Vikings
09-24-2006, 10:58 PM
It makes a difference!
How so? how successful were those postcards? did you also try black and white? Did colour get 2% calls and b&w get 1% or are you just saying It makes a difference because its prettier?

Vikings
09-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Try to do color!! It costs more but looks more professional
I bought a colour laser printer to make my own door handles but for other types of flyers I'm sticking with B&W, much cheaper and 99% get thrown in the trash anyway. ofcourse it only takes a couple extra calls to pay for that extra colour charge...so hard to make a decision, my gut says black and white.

texastonic
09-24-2006, 11:39 PM
heres a good compromise and it has given me success. go for a full color business card. I don't do flyers, biz cards are more personal and you can put all the same essential information and graphics on a business card and it is less cluttered... just put your website address on your business card and put all your boring technical information on the website. if the potential customers are interested they will go to your website and get your info, if not biz cards are way cheaper than a whole flyer. I got 2500 full color both sides laminated whole nine yards cards for $120, passed them out and got about a 1 in 50 response and this was in a ridiculously competitive neighborhood

Ramairfreak98ss
09-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Yeah it makes a diffence, i get a high call back rate and people tend to keep my fliers a long time. like 2yrs later or longer. Ill send you guys a pdf copy if youd like an idea... i get them printed on either HP color laserjets or canon color copiers, they look picture perfect :dancing:

MarkintheGarden
09-25-2006, 12:09 AM
I use good quality bright green paper to print my flyers on. The printing is just black ink but there are three small handsome graphics. I get about 2% response, and get calls from flyers I distributed over a year ago.

Color does work, but colored paper is much cheaper than lots of colored ink.

Lynden-Jeff
09-25-2006, 01:04 AM
How so? how successful were those postcards? did you also try black and white? Did colour get 2% calls and b&w get 1% or are you just saying It makes a difference because its prettier?

My example was more for eye catching but I have never tried black and white. Personally I find any fly by night can go whip up some crap in word and photocopy it a thousand times and distribute it anywhere. Professional flyers take time thought and investment and I find the results good.

For starting in late July 6000 flyers yeilded over 100 calls and 25 contracts. I would assume this number would have been higher if I would have started at the proper time (april/may) and plan to send out 30,000 in the spring.

Cheers
Jeff

Vikings
09-25-2006, 02:11 AM
For starting in late July 6000 flyers yeilded over 100 calls and 25 contracts. I would assume this number would have been higher if I would have started at the proper time (april/may) and plan to send out 30,000 in the spring.
That is a very good ratio! I got 25 yards with no flyers, not great yards though. some of them were ok though. Just word of mouth and from previous snow clients. I also have big plans for next spring, going to get a ride on and hopefully at least 100 yards, but more the better now that I have a clue how to run Lawn care, plus I learned to make my lines straight, took a couple months but I got it.:canadaflag: