PDA

View Full Version : urgent: 13hp force blower or little wonder???Need to decide asap

clydesdale
09-11-2006, 02:22 PM
I bought a 9 hp force, I used it for less than 2 minutes and compared it to my old 11hp giant vac (16 years old). They seemed to be very comparable and I want something more powerful. So.... The dealer will take it back and I can get either a 13hp force or a 13hp little wonder. Which one do I go with?

dcondon
09-11-2006, 03:22 PM
I would go with a billy goat over both of them. JMO

clydesdale
09-11-2006, 06:45 PM
the force blower is made by billygoat, so I will say 1 vote for billygoat so far.

Lazer_Z
09-11-2006, 06:47 PM
I'd say go with the Goat. If you don't mind me asking how much did the 9HP run you?

Rob

srl28
09-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Force blower by billygoat. I've got the 13hp and although its a little heavy, you can't beat it!

mcwlandscaping
09-11-2006, 06:49 PM
get the 13hp force

mcwlandscaping
09-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Force blower by billygoat. I've got the 13hp and although its a little heavy, you can't beat it!
how much did yours run you if you dont' mind me asking

clydesdale
09-11-2006, 07:18 PM
1075 for the force 9hp with a parking brake kit, and 75 mail in rebate. 1499 for the 13hp no rebate. Pricey for the 13hp, but I hope it will be worth it.

BMFD92
09-11-2006, 08:28 PM
little wonder imo

ed2hess
09-11-2006, 08:46 PM
We tested the 9hp and took it back and got the 13hp honda Billygoat and we are very happy with it. The 9hp didn't seem a lot bigger than the big back packs that we had. The Billygoat has a lever actuated deflector for directing the air and that is very useful. Keep in mind the 13hp is heavy and might be difficult on lawns, we only use our on pavement.

clydesdale
09-12-2006, 12:37 PM
ok, I returned the 9hp force and the dealer is waiting for me to decide. But I am still not sure. The 13 force is larger in size, probably more powerful, plastic, untested, and will have the chute control available soon. The little wonder 13hp is tested, metal, less powerful, no chute control. What say you?

John Gamba
09-12-2006, 05:56 PM
ok, I returned the 9hp force and the dealer is waiting for me to decide. But I am still not sure. The 13 force is larger in size, probably more powerful, plastic, untested, and will have the chute control available soon. The little wonder 13hp is tested, metal, less powerful, no chute control. What say you?

Little wonder, they have a high output model now.

shepoutside
09-12-2006, 06:15 PM
I vote for Lil WOnder

ed2hess
09-12-2006, 06:35 PM
No plastic on Billygoat...and chute control is very important and can get the Honda engine.

prizeprop
09-12-2006, 07:04 PM
No plastic on Billygoat...and chute control is very important and can get the Honda engine.
The whole impeller housing is plastic. I need to replace one of my little wonders and am thinking of trying the 13 hp @ $1300. That was my main concern, we all know no matter how well you strap them down they sometimes tip over.. So the plastic really concerned me, but then they have the wheel secure thingy. I might try it.

clydesdale
09-12-2006, 07:18 PM
ED2hess, the billygoat you are thinking about is no longer available. Billygoat only makes the force blower in the high horse power models. If you want the style you are thinking of, then you only have the 5hp choice now. So for a big blower you either have the 13hp little wonder or 13 hp billygoat force blower.

ed2hess
09-12-2006, 09:21 PM
My Billygoat 13hp WB is 3 years old.....so no more metal housings? What do you mean force blower?

pugs
09-12-2006, 10:22 PM
My Billygoat 13hp WB is 3 years old.....so no more metal housings? What do you mean force blower?

Force is the name of Billygoats new plastic advanced yada yada blower.

Everything needs a name these days. Cant just be a blower now can it?

mkwl
09-13-2006, 04:29 PM

Little Wonder hands down! The force is PLASTIC!...do you think a PLASTIC wheeled blower is going to stand up to commercial use...NO! Little Wonder is proven among PROFESSIONALS to stand up and perform the BEST under COMMERCIAL USE! Want a blower that will last, is the most powerful out there, and is truly commercial grade? Get a LITTLE WONDER...the very best wheeled blowers out there IMO!!!:weightlifter:

lawnspecialties
09-13-2006, 04:44 PM
Little Wonder hands down! The force is PLASTIC!...do you think a PLASTIC wheeled blower is going to stand up to commercial use...NO! Little Wonder is proven among PROFESSIONALS to stand up and perform the BEST under COMMERCIAL USE! Want a blower that will last, is the most powerful out there, and is truly commercial grade? Get a LITTLE WONDER...the very best wheeled blowers out there IMO!!!:weightlifter:

Come on mkwl. Quit straddling the fence. Let us know which one you like.

mkwl
09-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Come on mkwl. Quit straddling the fence. Let us know which one you like.

Don't think I came across strong enough huh??? LOL! :rolleyes: :usflag:

clydesdale
09-13-2006, 06:49 PM
All of the back packs are now plastic, right? According to billygoat, during testing they dropped them out of trucks and off of 4 foot walls and they did not crack. But I hear what you are saying and it does make me wonder.

John Gamba
09-13-2006, 08:03 PM
All of the back packs are now plastic, right? According to billygoat, during testing they dropped them out of trucks and off of 4 foot walls and they did not crack. But I hear what you are saying and it does make me wonder.

Ask them what they call it?? its not plastic like you are implying, i think.

BobR
09-14-2006, 09:28 AM
If you want a real bad boy blower try this one...

------------------------------------------------------

Billy Goat QB1601SP Self Propel Walk Blower

Model: QB1601SP

Manufacturer: Billy Goat

Price: $2,679.99

--------------------------------------------------------

I have an older model and I will tell you IT will move leaves (wet or dry)

BobR

Stinky Pete
09-14-2006, 09:56 AM
If you want the strongest, lightest, and most powerful blower go with the Force. I got the 9 hp Subaru and I love it. I looked at the Optimax but all Little Wonder did was put their smaller impeller in their big housing and slapped a 8 hp Briggs or 9 hp Honda on there. They claim a 30% performance increase... over what?

If it was so good and that simple why did they not do it years ago? What about engine problems? I've got friends whos Briggs are shooting craps on the regular LW's. A bigger housing with the same fan and engine;) ... I think they will only have more engine problems. The way I look at it they are trying to play catch up.

I was concerned about the Force's plastic housing until my unit dropped off my trailer. It was a nasty drop as I didn't have my ramps there. It only scratched the paint and the plastic but no damage other than that. Impressive but I won't do that again. When I need to I can even run my on idle and it's more powerful than my PB750 at full throttle, with VERY little noise. It is an awsome blower. IMHO

pugs
09-14-2006, 12:03 PM
I wouldnt be too concerned with dropping it. I would be more worried about it rolling around in the trailer and hitting something sharp that pokes a hole in it. Or it getting up against something hot that melts it.

If taken care of, I dont think there should be any problems. I dont see why they couldnt find a way to make whatever shape housing they wanted out of steel.

John Gamba
09-14-2006, 12:11 PM
If taken care of, I dont think there should be any problems. I dont see why they couldnt find a way to make whatever shape housing they wanted out of steel.

It could be cost

pugs
09-14-2006, 12:55 PM
It could be cost

I am sure it is...but if I were in the business I would gladly pay a little more for something the guys dont have a chance of destroying as easily :)

clydesdale
09-14-2006, 01:59 PM
The reason for plastic was weight. It is considerably lighter, yet more powerful. The dealer also mentioned the engine longevity, saying that the light fan will reduce engine failure. He sells giant vac also and says there have been problems with the engines in giant vacs. I have decided to go and order the plastic billy goat force blower. They will have there director nozzel available for it next year and they can easily be retrofitted according to billy goat.

lawnspecialties
09-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Ask them what they call it?? its not plastic like you are implying, i think.

Landscape Management called it a "proprietary polymer", I think. Sounds good though.

I've only had Little Wonder but I'd be willing to try it out. Face it, Billy Goat isn't going to put some cheap plastic crap on a commercial piece of equipment like that. Especially when you throw in the safety aspects of it.:)

John Gamba
09-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Landscape Management called it a "proprietary polymer", I think. Sounds good though.

I've only had Little Wonder but I'd be willing to try it out. Face it, Billy Goat isn't going to put some cheap plastic crap on a commercial piece of equipment like that. Especially when you throw in the safety aspects of it.:)

I would love to try one too. i do have a dealer down the road:)

pugs
09-14-2006, 03:26 PM
The reason for plastic was weight. It is considerably lighter, yet more powerful. The dealer also mentioned the engine longevity, saying that the light fan will reduce engine failure.

How did they make the fan lighter? It was already plastic...or at least in the big engine billygoats I have worked on it was.