PDA

View Full Version : Scag, Exmark, or Kubota???

PBsSouthland
09-11-2006, 02:29 PM
I need any advice I can get. I am starting to look at ztr mowers. I currently run two exmark walkbehinds and have been well pleased. The company I deal with sells Kubota, Exmark, and Scag. I like certain things about them all and I plan on going down to the dealer and testing them all and getting more info. I am open to all the advice I can get. I am looking at the 25hp Kubota diesel 60", the Exmark HP 56" 23hp Kawasaki, and the Scag Turf Tiger 27hp liquid cooled Kawasaki 61", Scag Wildcat 26hp liquid cooled Kawasaki 52", and the Scag Tiger Cub 23hp kawasaki 52". I know this is a broad question but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks alot!

jkingrph
09-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Bought a 52" Wildcat26hp lc Kawasaki Lc last spring. It turned so dry here in E. Texas I only have 12 hours one it for all summer. My impression is that it is a fantastic machine cuts good esp in hard to cut dry Bahia stems.

FordManKubotaDreamer
09-11-2006, 03:13 PM
I have a Kubota ZD 25 and I love it. Lots of power, comfortable ride and a pretty good cut. I haven't had any problems with it. If you have any more questions about it let me know. :)

POPO4995
09-11-2006, 03:58 PM
John Deere! Seriously look into the 737,757,777,797, or 997 Diesel. Their cut quality is awesome! JMO

metro36
09-11-2006, 05:11 PM
I like exmark the best. I wold get one with a kawi engine. I like them the best. Stay away for briggs if you get a tiger cub. Vanguards are ok engines but I think kawi is the best. As for the mower scag and exmark are great macines and hold up well. I don't know about kubota ztr but their tractors are great. If you go with exmark be sure to get a ultracut deck. Do a search for trition decks and you will see why.
Just my 0.2

The Captain
09-11-2006, 05:32 PM
My older 52" Tiger, 23hp Kawasaki has been great. No problems other than one gasket and normal maint. What ever mower you go with, I would go with the Kawasaki engine.

The Captain

REALSLOW
09-11-2006, 06:52 PM
I just demoed a Kubota today,it was a diesel. I thought compared to my Hustler the chasses is a piece of crap way more to go wrong with it, a rattle trap bunch of stuff you don't need. I have had for extended uses 797 Deere,Scag turf tiger, Exmark Lazer 60. The Hustler chasses is superior to all above in maintenance and toughness of build.

dlm17
09-11-2006, 07:38 PM
I Have Had The Scag 54 Liqiud Cooled Tracked My Lawns Too Much, Have Two Jd 757s The Older One Has 2000 Hrs Fantastic Cut But Kawi Is Back In The Shop For The Fifth Time For Oil Leaks, The Newer 757 Has 1000 Hours Has Never Had The Cut Quality Of The Older One And Has Had Numerous Engine Problems Most Of Them Dealer Related, Have A 52 Lazer 200 Hours Like The Cut , The Power And The Details Exmark Has Done To Prevent Problemsso My Recomedation Would Be Lazer With Kohler

EMWEB
09-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Scag Turf Tiger Rules ! ! !

Mike Blevins
09-11-2006, 09:42 PM
were i live there are alot of people that run scag. funny because the nearest dealer is 25 miles away. there are grasshopper,yazookees,exmark,hustler,and cub cadet dealers within 10 miles. mtself i have the 52" 25 air cooled kaw wildcat and love it. friends of mine that mow have 23 liquid cooled kaw 52 turftiger and another has 2 26 liquid cooled 52 wildcats never has one of these mowers had any problems. i have to go with the scags:weightlifter:

JTF40
09-12-2006, 05:55 AM
I just demoed a Kubota today,it was a diesel. I thought compared to my Hustler the chasses is a piece of crap way more to go wrong with it, a rattle trap bunch of stuff you don't need. I have had for extended uses 797 Deere,Scag turf tiger, Exmark Lazer 60. The Hustler chasses is superior to all above in maintenance and toughness of build.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

IF you can - IF - explain this rediculous post. Chassis a "piece of crap"!!!! "A rattle trap"!!!!! :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Daner
09-12-2006, 09:55 AM
From my experiance...The Kubota Is bullet proof...They have been using those diesels for years on pipeline /constuction equipment etc...If It rattels...I bet the rops selflocking nuts are not tight enough...Imo the deck on the Kubota needs some design work.
A Sgag Or the older Ultra-Cut Exmarks will give you a better cut.
Exmark Is going to do some changes to there Triton deck for 2007...and they should be out In Nov.
If Emark could copy there Ultra cut deck design In a 2007 model...That would be the macine Iwould buy with No second thoughts .

specialtylc
09-12-2006, 09:03 PM
:nono: :nono: :nono:

IF you can - IF - explain this rediculous post. Chassis a "piece of crap"!!!! "A rattle trap"!!!!! :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
I can explain this for you. Opions are like A holes, everybody has one.And some stink more than others.:laugh:

tacoma200
09-13-2006, 08:41 AM
From my experiance...The Kubota Is bullet proof...They have been using those diesels for years on pipeline /constuction equipment etc...If It rattels...I bet the rops selflocking nuts are not tight enough...Imo the deck on the Kubota needs some design work.
A Sgag Or the older Ultra-Cut Exmarks will give you a better cut.
Exmark Is going to do some changes to there Triton deck for 2007...and they should be out In Nov.
If Emark could copy there Ultra cut deck design In a 2007 model...That would be the macine Iwould buy with No second thoughts .
Where did you get your Exmark info? New deck, that would be interesting.

J&R Landscaping
09-13-2006, 08:49 AM
I would wait until next season if you have your heart set on an exmark ztr, this will give them time to get the bugs out of the triton deck. Many locs on here and local lcos around me run the kubottas. They love the engine but hate the deck and quality of cut. The scags I can't really say anything about.

I aggree with what pthers are saying about the hustler ztr mowers. they seem to be built like armored cars or tanks. From what I hear, the xr7 deck really leaves a nice cut.

HighGrass
09-13-2006, 05:33 PM
I have a Emark and a Scag.

The Scag is a 2005 Wildcat, 52", 25HP Kawi.

The Exmark is a 2002 LaserHP, 52", 23HP Kawi.

I like them both. I think if you look at the engineering of the Scag, in terms of design, it inches above Exmark. It's easier to work on and things are a little easier to get too. I like the cut of the Exmark just slightly better, but that may be because I've had it longer. Just seems to stripe better. (Niether machine has a striping kit)

If you chose either a Scag or an Exmark, you'll be a happy camper.