PDA

View Full Version : Case loader with aftermarket track system

qps
09-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Death machine:laugh:

ksss
09-11-2006, 05:23 PM
What did you think of those VTS tracks compared to your CAT tracks (made by the same company). How did the bolt on tracks compare in ride quality, tractive effort do you think to a dedicated tracked machine. A landscaper who bought my used 70XT bought a used set. He has not bolted them on yet. He said they weighed something like 1500 pounds per side. That is heavy. No wonder the Bobcat guys are snaping axles with them. I still like the concept. It does not appear that the OEMs are all that hot on them. Partly because of CAT's involvement but also due to the increase stress of the drivetrain. If my laser grading project takes off I may kick down for a set. PS the guy with his hands in his pockets while everyone else is working used to work for me as well. In fact I still have the rest of his family employed.

qps
09-11-2006, 05:28 PM
What did you think of those VTS tracks compared to your CAT tracks (made by the same company). How did the bolt on tracks compare in ride quality, tractive effort do you think to a dedicated tracked machine. A landscaper who bought my used 70XT bought a used set. He has not bolted them on yet. He said they weighed something like 1500 pounds per side. That is heavy. No wonder the Bobcat guys are snaping axles with them. I still like the concept. It does not appear that the OEMs are all that hot on them. Partly because of CAT's involvement but also due to the increase stress of the drivetrain. If my laser grading project takes off I may kick down for a set.

Ride quality was as good as my cats, Todd claimed 5K lifting cap...does that sound right, he also had a 1 yard bucket on it..I want to say he paid 14-15K for the track system and claims its a breeze to change back and forth, but damn that thing is wide, had to buy another trailer just to haul it on...but you know those case guys, they all got a few marbles rolling around:laugh: ...want my opinion on the 445????

qps
09-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Heres some pics of the finished project for those who care

murray83
09-11-2006, 08:34 PM
looks great.in floor heating?

DBL
09-11-2006, 10:34 PM
come on out here and build me one of them

Tigerotor77W
09-12-2006, 01:49 AM
qps, I want your opinions on the 445!

ksss
09-12-2006, 02:11 AM
qps WAIT let me guess your opinion! "I finally understand what Kaiser has been talking about. The H pattern was hard to get used to, but the CASE machine is far more productive than my 257! Great control, good power a real animal. I can't wait to unload this CAT and step up to REAL performance!" Well how did I do?

Squizzy246B
09-12-2006, 09:47 AM
He said they weighed something like 1500 pounds per side. That is heavy. No wonder the Bobcat guys are snaping axles with them. I still like the concept. It does not appear that the OEMs are all that hot on them. Partly because of CAT's involvement but also due to the increase stress of the drivetrain.

You touched on a really important issue here. Tim can't get his 257B load sensing valves setup properly thats why its a dog. (BTW our 301.8 is on ship headed somewhere...we have a newby). The other issue is why does the 257B have that little Perkapillar engine at 50 odd Hp when my 248B...with the same chassis has 80 odd Hp....do you think maybe Cat was worried about the drivetrain with the 80Hp engine??????? Do ya think????. Did they really think 30 hp less would be made up with the tracks improved effort????. Its real tempting to put the VTS system on the 248B but I could be looking for trouble. Do ya think???

Underpower on the 257 was the reason why we didn't buy one and the 267 was too big. Rather than do the cabin time warp (Case) into the dark ages I'll make our MTL purchase an ASV. I just haven't worked out how to fit an RC 30 and a SR 80 on our truck at the same time:confused:

Tim...we never gave up on them with the 301.8 and it finally worked.

qps
09-12-2006, 11:21 AM
qps WAIT let me guess your opinion! "I finally understand what Kaiser has been talking about. The H pattern was hard to get used to, but the CASE machine is far more productive than my 257! Great control, good power a real animal. I can't wait to unload this CAT and step up to REAL performance!" Well how did I do?

It's been said before but the cab looks like something on a tinker toy, it wasn't uncomfortable to sit in but I was afraid I was gonna break something, the steel it was made out of...looked....well...alittle thin...I'm sure it wasn't...but it looked like it...the H pattern...man o man....don't know if I could ever get the hang of it...now...power wise...oh hell yeah...give me 80hp
any day in that chassis size, I guess the 287B would be the close, but ya better lube up before you get that price....if you add in the cost of the aftermarket track system it costs about the same as a loaded 267B. I think after one mastered the controls it would be alot more productive, but more costly because during the "learning process" I'm sure I would knock over, crush or kill something:dizzy: SK..you where half right...see my post on the mini delivery....

WildRidge
09-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Love the shop qps! I must say you just might have the nicest shop in franklin twnsp when it's all complete. Keep us posted on the progress.

qps
09-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Love the shop qps! I must say you just might have the nicest shop in franklin twnsp when it's all complete. Keep us posted on the progress.

Man, what a hassle dealing with the city, they fought me tooth and nail the whole way, I see your fairly new the board, if I can be of any help stop by sometime, I'm working on it or the dumpy house almost all the time, and I live around the corner.

ksss
09-12-2006, 11:07 PM
OK, I will admit that the CASE skid steer cab is not state of the art. However, they are comfortable, the suspension seat is of high quality, ergonomics in the cab are good. Visually there is nothing real eye pleasing to look at. I must take offense to Tim's comment on the possible structural integrity of the cab. Here is an excellent example.

A good friend of mine, who is an excavator, had a misshap with the only nonCAT piece of equipment he owns. At the time it was a 70XT he now runs a 465. He was lowering the 70XT into a 9' basement with his 950 loader. The wall gave away while setting the machine down. The concrete wall landed on the cab, the 950 landed on the concrete. The front tires of the loader were off the ground with the weight being supported by the 70XT. The loader was pulled off with an excavtor and the concrete removed. damage? Other than dents no structural damage to cab or machine. That is structural integrity.

qps
09-13-2006, 01:24 AM
OK, I will admit that the CASE skid steer cab is not state of the art. However, they are comfortable, the suspension seat is of high quality, ergonomics in the cab are good. Visually there is nothing real eye pleasing to look at. I must take offense to Tim's comment on the possible structural integrity of the cab. Here is an excellent example.

A good friend of mine, who is an excavator, had a misshap with the only nonCAT piece of equipment he owns. At the time it was a 70XT he now runs a 465. He was lowering the 70XT into a 9' basement with his 950 loader. The wall gave away while setting the machine down. The concrete wall landed on the cab, the 950 landed on the concrete. The front tires of the loader were off the ground with the weight being supported by the 70XT. The loader was pulled off with an excavtor and the concrete removed. damage? Other than dents no structural damage to cab or machine. That is structural integrity.

Engineer, I'm not, my comments made some very positive points also, I think I even praised the cab, besides it's looks, I think I made more positive points than negative so I don't see why you take offense, case products are a standard of the industry and there prices are very competitive, I'll admit I have very little seat time compared to some here, but opionions are like butt-holes...everyone has one and thinks theres doesn't stink. for the money the power couldn't be beat. I think in the near future all machines will have a flip of the switch for controls and the universe will be at peace. maybe time to move on down the road for qps. thanks to the friends I made in here and best wishes to all...:waving:

ksss
09-13-2006, 01:56 AM
I in no way meant offend anyone. I meant the response in good nature and was having fun with the comments made about the machine. I sent Tim a PM to apologize to him personally. We have a good group of guys on here and I certainly don't want anyone to leave over something I said.

Peace *trucewhiteflag*

Scag48
09-13-2006, 02:15 AM
Sounds like you guys need a vacation more often. I'm back at school, that's about as much of a vacation I get anymore...:drinkup: