PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think?

plantzpropertymanagement
09-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Alright Ive Had About Enough I Have My Mower In The Shop To Have Them Fix The Problem With It Not Starting All The Time There Always Saying Its The Valves Ive Took It In There 3 Times And They Say The Same Thing So This Time I Call And Ask If Its Done They Say Yes And That I Owe 106.00
Im Like What Its Still Under Warranty Hes Says They Gave It A Oil Change A New Filter And Gave Me A New Set Of Keys Cause I Was Using A Flat Head To Start It. Well I Didnt Ask For Any Of This, Just To Fix The Problem With It, Not Starting All The Time. I Can Give It A Oil Change And New Filter And I Dont Need A Key The Flat Head Works Just Fine. So What Do You Guy's Think I Should Do Or Is This Legeal For Them To Do I Dont Want To Have To Pay 106.00 Dollars.

mojob
09-11-2006, 05:23 PM
I don't know about your mower, but I think there might be something wrong with the period button on your keyboard.

scholzee
09-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Also a problem with the shift or caps key.

sheshovel
09-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Hey Dude...just gotta say your auto capping of every word is highly irritating and makes your posts difficult to read. Fix that please!

Now, it's under warranty still? You bought it there? They did not call you for approval for the extra expense of $106.00? Your correct that is BS!!!!
Valve problems already is a red flag to me.
I think you might have got a lemon. If they insist you pay the $106.00
(rediculous price for an oil/filter chng & key anyway)
Tell them you want to speak to the owner if you are speaking to the owner already tell him you want a replacement new mower for that POS lemon he sold you. Nicely, calmly and firmly.

MMLawn
09-11-2006, 06:09 PM
I Think You Need To Learn How To Properly Type A Question And How To Use Proper Sentence Structuring, Grammer And What The Caps Lock Is For And When And When Not To Use It. :dizzy:

metro36
09-11-2006, 06:20 PM
I Think You Need To Learn How To Properly Type A Question And How To Use Proper Sentence Structuring, Grammer And What The Caps Lock Is For And When And When Not To Use It. :dizzy:
I second that. :eek: :eek: It is hard to read this post. I would happily answer any question that I can if it is in a format that I can read. :dizzy: :dizzy: :confused: :confused:

plantzpropertymanagement
09-12-2006, 01:13 AM
I dont know why every word is caps? thats weird. And as far as period's go i was just in a hurry sorry.

topsites
09-12-2006, 02:52 AM
No but if you modify or rig up your machine in any kind of way then that also voids the warranty, so as much as you believe your screwdriver works so well, perhaps that was the reason it wasn't starting some of the time... because maybe the screwdriver twisted or otherwise broke a contact or caused a short in that switch (it is an ignition 'switch' which means it has sensitive electrical components), and if that part caused the problem then it is your fault.
And if the rest of the machine was in the same kind of shape, perhaps they felt it would be wise to change the oil, I did not see the oil but if it was black...?
Now I get tired of it too, I got charged for an echo coil and they're ALL supposed to be under lifetime warranty but what frustrated me was waiting 2 months for them to get it fixed, the repair cost wasn't the worst part by far, a hundred or so dollars is cheap.

fiveoboy01
09-12-2006, 02:58 AM

THANK YOU.

Nothing pisses me off more than trying to read one long paragraph with zero punctuation. The world's longest run-on sentence. Etc...

Liquidfast
09-12-2006, 09:49 AM
LOL..There will be 100 posts about how awful it was to read his/her post when all anyone had to do in the beginning was hit the back button (top left on the browser) to exit it. So, not only was it read, but you allowed yourselves to build up anger from it and exposed your weaknesses.

Folks..........if you open a post and it is one that even remotely appears to be difficult to read and/or follow....here's a tip.

DONT READ IT. And if you do, don't slam the person. How old are we?

Nosmo
09-12-2006, 09:57 AM
The reason your post showed a capital letter in each word is because you had the Caps Lock button pushed down.

Every letter you typed was a capital but the website has a program which changes all capital letters to only a capital for each word.

Sorry about the problem you are having with the dealer. If the dealership won't budge on reducing that $106.00 charge they just might file a mechanic's lien and no telling what will happen then.

Nosmo

J&R Landscaping
09-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Did the shop simply adjust the valves or did they do a valve job on the engine? If they did a valve job, that was the reason you paid for the oil and filter because a lot of shops (around me anyways) will clean out the valve and breather areas of the engine. Also, sometimes it may be nessecary to check the cam shaft lobes in the sump if a valve stem is damaged (in a flat head engine). What did the shop say was done to the engine, Specifically?