PDA

View Full Version : My Invoices and Estimates Deluxe Problem

DSLND
09-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Well i loaded the program the other day to enter a payment, and it said i was trying to load a file on an older version, though i own the program it said i had to Convert The legacy files but then i just get an error and it exits out. Im really getting sick of this program and am going to change but want to finish the year with it. Anybody know what to do? Thanks! -Mitch-

1MajorTom
09-11-2006, 09:11 PM
I do not use this program, just offering some ideas.
Do they have a help section?
This program is made by BVRP Software.
http://www.bvrp.com/ENG/default.asp
Maybe you could call them?
Support in English:
+1 (720) 330-1454

Or email them a question.
http://www.bvrpforums.com/support_form.php

6'7 330
09-11-2006, 09:38 PM
If I'm not mistaken, correct if I'm wrong, that is pretty much budget type software.

When you do change software program's, or If you can't get results from their support personal,Try upgrading to QuickBooks, or Peachtree, or another more powerful full featured program . although more expensive,these programs have much more powerful accounting features.

DSLND
09-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks For The Replys!

Ive been scouting different software for the past 3 months and heres what i have found:

QuickBooks 01: Waaaay Too confusing and complicated

Peach Tree: Stuff Deere said its great, neaver tried it but may

Gopher: Pretty Frickin Sweet Routing, But didnt like how the invoices were setup like slips.

Grounds Keeper Pro: Pretty Confusing for what im used too.

Clip: Coundnt even locate a viewable whole list of customers.

Lawn Care Pro: For $54 bucks ive been looking at it for a while and really like it, and was going to wait til next season to get it.

Any Other Programs? Thanks! -Mitch-

TLS
09-12-2006, 07:57 AM
I use MyInvoices, but don't use the payment portion. I just use it to generate invoices, track sales tax.

Not a budget program....just a real nice invoicing program without any fancy extras. I've been using them since 1996 or so.

ChadsLawn
09-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Thanks For The Replys!

Ive been scouting different software for the past 3 months and heres what i have found:

QuickBooks 01: Waaaay Too confusing and complicated

Peach Tree: Stuff Deere said its great, neaver tried it but may

Gopher: Pretty Frickin Sweet Routing, But didnt like how the invoices were setup like slips.

Grounds Keeper Pro: Pretty Confusing for what im used too.

Clip: Coundnt even locate a viewable whole list of customers.

Lawn Care Pro: For $54 bucks ive been looking at it for a while and really like it, and was going to wait til next season to get it.

Any Other Programs? Thanks! -Mitch-

Out of your list

You will like either groundskeeper (although not cheap) and LawnPro. I have both programs and either 1 you will be happy with.

Runner
09-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Well i loaded the program the other day to enter a payment, and it said i was trying to load a file on an older version, though i own the program it said i had to Convert The legacy files but then i just get an error and it exits out. Im really getting sick of this program and am going to change but want to finish the year with it. Anybody know what to do? Thanks! -Mitch-

Did you have an older version of this on your computer before? How long have you had THIS version on your computer? Less than a year, - go tpo their support and look for updates. Otherwise, save your info and reload the program.

DSLND
09-12-2006, 04:38 PM
I GOT IT TO WORK!!! I had it saved in another folder and loaded it and it worked!!!! I think i am going to still switch to Quick Books (We own 2001) but install it now and not start using it til Jan.1 but im gonna finish 2006 with this program. Thanks For All The Replys!!!!!!!! -Mitch-

TLS
09-12-2006, 09:05 PM
I just found all the other programs (Quicken included) to have a VERY steep learning curve. The industry specific programs are very expensive and seem to be geared to those with multiple crews and 100+ accounts.

mikeylees lawn care
09-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Out of your list

You will like either groundskeeper (although not cheap) and LawnPro. I have both programs and either 1 you will be happy with.

Does LawnPro have chemical treatment options? or is it mostly a maintenance companys software. We're a start up, but growing, and I've got to get some decent software, before I go nuts here. I don't want to spend the small fortune that Clip is asking, but I definatly need the software to be geared friendly toward the treatment side of the business.

Jpocket
09-14-2006, 05:16 PM
I use MyInvoices, but don't use the payment portion. I just use it to generate invoices, track sales tax.

Not a budget program....just a real nice invoicing program without any fancy extras. I've been using them since 1996 or so.

Exactly what I do...

DSLND
09-14-2006, 10:51 PM
-In Addition To The List-

I forgot some:

Groundskeeper Pro: I thought it was just complicated and ditto for Bilzzard Buster. -Mitch-

ALarsh
09-14-2006, 11:15 PM
You can take the return slips out of the invoices for gopher. You can customize your invoices pretty much anyway you want (except the format). Gopher has been good to me and it is a no brainer at $200 vs. some of the more expensive programs.

ChadsLawn
09-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Does LawnPro have chemical treatment options? or is it mostly a maintenance companys software. We're a start up, but growing, and I've got to get some decent software, before I go nuts here. I don't want to spend the small fortune that Clip is asking, but I definatly need the software to be geared friendly toward the treatment side of the business.

Sorry, Im not sure as I had to format and reload windows.. Now Im waiting for a new reg. number so I can load the database again. When I do Ill look and let you know

scaper27
09-16-2006, 07:54 PM
I have been using MyInvoices since '98 with no problems. Not sure what you got there, may be with your computer

fiveoboy01
09-19-2006, 09:07 PM

Same here. I let my accountant handle the other stuff.

Mike33
09-19-2006, 11:14 PM
I had my invoices and estimates also for quite a few years but it crashed on me. I just looked in to lawn pro, i dont cut grass i do general landscaping. Which one is best for estimates and invoice work with out being a pita.
Mike

MLawns
09-20-2006, 01:02 AM
I had My Invoices too for 3-4 years...it crashed. Invest in decent software...you're doing yourself a favor.

mitchellfeline
01-10-2007, 08:19 PM
GroundsKeeper Pro has Chemical application reporting

DSLND
01-11-2007, 05:42 PM
GroundsKeeper Pro has Chemical application reporting

I saw that in there but it wouldnt help me a bit because i dont do chemical/fertilizer applications. I've made the decision to go with QuickBooks ive started using it and really like the options. -Mitch-

ALarsh
01-11-2007, 05:44 PM
I use Gopher for scheduling and Quickbooks Contractor Edition for the finances side... now if I can just figure out how to use the damn thing.

DSLND
01-11-2007, 10:09 PM
I use Gopher for scheduling and Quickbooks Contractor Edition for the finances side... now if I can just figure out how to use the damn thing.

HAHA! I was the same way with QB a few years ago and then i tried it again and really like it. -Mitch-