PDA

View Full Version : Indian Cust.

zero_turn_freak
09-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Hello, I DO NOT MEAN IN THIS ANYWAY TO BE RACIST!!!

Does anybody else have problems with Indian customers trying to get in a bunch of free services with out paying?:confused: :dizzy:

befnme
09-11-2006, 10:01 PM
that goes with any race .

Shady Brook
09-11-2006, 10:02 PM
No, never, they are always very generous and are willing to pay extra. At least that is my experience. Well, ok...my experience is the same as yours unfortuneately. I believe it is their culture to haggle and have brought this to America. I do not like to do business this way.

wski4fun
09-11-2006, 10:10 PM
I had the same problem. I learned to charge more and let them talk me down to more then I would have charged anyway. If that didn't work then I would have dropped them.

Idealtim
09-11-2006, 10:13 PM
Ditto what wski4fun said.

6'7 330
09-11-2006, 10:24 PM
I learned much about Hindu and Indian culture from an Indian lady friend, she had been a Hindu who was a Christian convert.

We in the landscaping business all have the same stories about tight wadded, try to beat the contractor out of money, haggle about price etc. about Indian clients or prospective clients. This behavior derives out of a part of Hindu Indian culture, called the old caste system. The vast majority of Indians in India are not in the least like the vast majority of Indians immigrating to the US. The Indians migrating here are in hugely disproportionate numbers from the higher caste. This caste by and large are the people who can afford to make the migration out of India, to the USA.Their believe is ,their gods on earth and people they deem below their caste should be subservient to them.

howardsells2000
09-11-2006, 10:27 PM
I have problems with them also. I try not to steriotype, but it is tough. It seems they always want to negotiate and try to get me to work for free. I hate that.

Mike Blevins
09-11-2006, 10:27 PM
just picked up a doctor from india who just moved here and wanted me to give estimate on mowing her yard. to make long story short i went to do her yard today and she comes out and said that she wants the front yard mowed only every two weeks and the back mowed once a month! i and could i drop the cost because im not going to mow the whole yard every time. needless to say she is looking for new lawncare provider:hammerhead:

HOOLIE
09-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Usually they try to haggle on the price, but after that I don't have any problems with them. In fact they seem to pay pretty promptly, at least the ones I have.

Probably have more PITA American customers than foreign clients...

jameson
09-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Over the years I have had numerous customers try to get something for nothing - regardless of their ethnicity.

In particular we maintain a commercial building in Seattle owned by Indians. Aside from their initial sticker shock of what in would cost them to retain our services (their previous LCO was much cheaper - they got what they paid for), we have had an outstanding business relationship.

TriCountyLawn
09-11-2006, 10:55 PM
I have have 2 Indian customers and they are both real good. They didnt start out this way. After a few time of trying to haggle prices with me AFTER I sent the bill I finally told one of them ( both customers are related),

"Im not selling a ****ing car here okay! When you go to wal-mart do you haggle them ? No ? Well im no different, GOT IT?"

Best customer to date......just had to break them in a lil.

bigjeeping
09-11-2006, 10:59 PM
I had a muslim Indian roommate for about a year. Man o' live did I learn so many things about their religion and culture that I WISH I NEVER KNEW. But I won't get into that..

Yes, they're born to haggle. They expect to get every penny's worth out of the service that they are paying for. In most cases they will watch (some times peering through their blinds) you work, or they will just comb over everything later once you've left. As long as they're satisifed they will usually pay on time. But you can count on them being a pain in the @ss trying to haggle you down on price and throw in extra services.

6'7 330
09-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Over the years I have had numerous customers try to get something for nothing - regardless of their ethnicity.

I as well, regardless of ethnicity, some blacks, some whites, some Asians.

But thank god the percentage of those other groups are not 98.8 percent haggling pains in the asses. It has nothing to do with race, it is culture, and after have dealt with that caste culture for 25 years, my business culture antenna put's up a big radar screen when I deal with this group.Which is called smart business culture.

HOOLIE
09-11-2006, 11:05 PM
"Im not selling a ****ing car here okay! When you go to wal-mart do you haggle them ? No ? Well im no different, GOT IT?"

You'd be surprised...I once had a PT job in department store and when I would work the register a lot of Hindus would try to haggle...or they would swear the price sign said one thing and you'd check it out and they'd be wrong...

Liquidfast
09-11-2006, 11:07 PM
What exactly is WRONG with haggling?? I too have done it in some way and I am sure 100% of all of you have as well.

I have to agree that I refuse to do business with a certain culture but I will refer their services to another LCO of the same culture.

Funny...I have been burned 3 times this season. It was the same nationality all 3 times and I believe they were referrals. As of this year, I will not service their needs regardless of pay UNLESS its 100% upfront.

REALSLOW
09-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Hate to sound like as racist but I am, I have consistently had problems with Blacks, Orientals, Indians, and Jews trying to get them to pay what was agreed up front. So no big deal you say they are the minority right? wrong! There is some serious #ucken going on with most of the minorities in this country and the white middle class is about to become the minority and going bye bye more so every year.

I believe it is approaching time to migrate elsewhere!

garth1967
09-12-2006, 02:17 AM
that goes with any race .

this true but unfortunately with my experience every single one of them trys it on me

QualityLawnCare4u
09-12-2006, 02:22 AM
Ive had problems with every single one of them. I will not even waste my time going to give an estimate to them if I catch that accent. Sometimes they will slip under my radar on the phone but when I get there and see them I double my price and that ends it right there. Will want a 50 dollar yard done for 20 bucks plus lots of extras. Like Bill says, after while you learn what to expect from certain folks. If that makes me racist then so be it.

topsites
09-12-2006, 02:40 AM
The Indians migrating here are in hugely disproportionate numbers from the higher caste. This caste by and large are the people who can afford to make the migration out of India, to the USA.Their believe is ,their gods on earth and people they deem below their caste should be subservient to them.

Oh well that just about describes at least half the rich folk in my town, they all think I should be their little lawn boy and then when one of them doesn't pay I've already learned they don't even believe that it will go on their credit record.

But as for the middle easterns, I done gave up servicing that clientele several years ago, as soon as I hear the accent I already know what's coming, time to get out of that some kind of way, and they can feel free to believe whatever they want.

LawnBrother
09-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Does anybody else have problems with Indian customers trying to get in a bunch of free services with out paying?:confused: :dizzy:
Of course, doesn't everybody have that problem with hindu injuns?

Runner
09-12-2006, 11:29 AM
No, never, they are always very generous and are willing to pay extra. At least that is my experience.

No,...He said Indian customers, not Indiana customers......:laugh: :usflag:

pugs
09-12-2006, 11:29 AM
You'd be surprised...I once had a PT job in department store and when I would work the register a lot of Hindus would try to haggle...or they would swear the price sign said one thing and you'd check it out and they'd be wrong...

I had this when I worked at a grocery store...Oh but this product was in front of this tag. Well you are holding a bottle of jack...not a bananna that was on the tag.