PDA

View Full Version : New Super Z!!!

dwilmi
09-11-2006, 11:23 PM
I just purchased a new super Z with a XR7 72" cut on Saturday. They are supposed to deliver in a day or two. I'm just home owner with 4 acres of mostly level yard. After several months of looking and reading all the your post I demoed a Grasshopper 428D, a Toro with a 27 Diahtsu and a Super Z 72" with a 24 Hp Honda. Here are my conclusions: The Toro seem to bog down quite a bit in tall grass, not worth the money, cut not that great either. The 428 Midmount Hopper with a 28 HP kubota diesel had more power than any that I tried but did not feel comfortable, Felt unstable on the road ditch. Cut was good but did not like the feel at all. Then I triad my B-in law's Super with the 24HP honda and i immediatly fell in love! It had adequite power and the speed and comfort and the "Feel" was awesome. I have only one dilemma. I went to purchase a Super with the 28EFI Kohler and The dealer talked me out of it and said they had better luck with the 26LC Kawasaki. I never demoed one but he ensured me that if I was happy with the 24HP Honda that I would be really happy with The Kawasaki. (I hope he is right!!!!) He said they were quiter and smoother than the Kohler.
Anyway sorry for the long post but when I get my new Z I will let you know what I think.

mowerconsultant
09-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Congrats on the new mower and welcome to the family !!
Let us know how much you love it, and post some pics.

Pj

puppypaws
09-12-2006, 11:44 PM
I just purchased a new super Z with a XR7 72" cut on Saturday. They are supposed to deliver in a day or two. I'm just home owner with 4 acres of mostly level yard. After several months of looking and reading all the your post I demoed a Grasshopper 428D, a Toro with a 27 Diahtsu and a Super Z 72" with a 24 Hp Honda. Here are my conclusions: The Toro seem to bog down quite a bit in tall grass, not worth the money, cut not that great either. The 428 Midmount Hopper with a 28 HP kubota diesel had more power than any that I tried but did not feel comfortable, Felt unstable on the road ditch. Cut was good but did not like the feel at all. Then I triad my B-in law's Super with the 24HP honda and i immediatly fell in love! It had adequite power and the speed and comfort and the "Feel" was awesome. I have only one dilemma. I went to purchase a Super with the 28EFI Kohler and The dealer talked me out of it and said they had better luck with the 26LC Kawasaki. I never demoed one but he ensured me that if I was happy with the 24HP Honda that I would be really happy with The Kawasaki. (I hope he is right!!!!) He said they were quiter and smoother than the Kohler.
Anyway sorry for the long post but when I get my new Z I will let you know what I think.There is not a Kawasaki made that runs better than my 28 efi Kohler, it absolutely does not have one flaw that I have found. You are asking the mowerconsultant questions, then ask him why he personally runs the 28 efi and you know he has run every engine combination there is, get him to tell you what he actually thinks, but you need to remember he helps sell all of them so get his honest opinion of the Kohler 28 efi.

blackandgold
09-13-2006, 11:46 PM
You will love that quiet little water cooled Kawasaki. The Super Z is the best of the best!!!!

dwilmi
09-14-2006, 05:25 PM
You will love that quiet little water cooled Kawasaki. The Super Z is the best of the best!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement. I just called my dealer and he said it wont be in till tommorrow (Friday) or Monday at the latest. I can't hardly wait !!

tn mac
09-14-2006, 10:02 PM
If you dont mind me asking why are you buying a 72 inch machine for 4 acres that is way more then you need, a 60 would be perfect and the kawi, is a great mower but it doesnt compare to the 28 efi. I do agree that the kawi, is the right motor for your use,cause the cost is much lower, or another good engine is the 27 . good luck with the mower.

dwilmi
09-15-2006, 01:44 PM
If you dont mind me asking why are you buying a 72 inch machine for 4 acres that is way more then you need, a 60 would be perfect and the kawi, is a great mower but it doesnt compare to the 28 efi. I do agree that the kawi, is the right motor for your use,cause the cost is much lower, or another good engine is the 27 . good luck with the mower.

2 reasons:
First, I bought it because I own my own construction business and have 2 kids involved in every sport and my time is very limited to say the least.
Quicker is better! The faster I can mow my grass (Usually every 4 days during peak season) the more time I have for myself.

Second: Each of my 2 neighbors have 72" cuts with the same size yard and I gotta keep up with the Jone's (Ha HA):dancing:

mowerconsultant
09-19-2006, 09:36 AM
2 reasons:
First, I bought it because I own my own construction business and have 2 kids involved in every sport and my time is very limited to say the least.
Quicker is better! The faster I can mow my grass (Usually every 4 days during peak season) the more time I have for myself.

Second: Each of my 2 neighbors have 72" cuts with the same size yard and I gotta keep up with the Jone's (Ha HA):dancing:

Very good reasons !!
My neighbors have 21" push mowers, I have a 60" XR-7 with a 28hp Kohler fuel injected engine !!!
You should see the looks I get when I mow my front lawn in 5 passes in about 1 minute.
:weightlifter: :cool2: :waving:

MAJMattMason
09-19-2006, 09:51 AM
The reason to get a 72" versus the 60" is simple: time. 120% more cutting ability allows for faster mowing, more free time. And besides, who says 72" is "way more" than he needs? I don't understand why someone would purchase a smaller mower just so they could sit on it longer, now that really doesn't make any sense. I have five acres and own the 72" Super Z. It has cut my mowing time from 4 hours on a MF tractor with a 72" finish mower to 1-1/2 hours on the Super Z. Both mowers are the same size, but one took forever to cut the same acreage. Who wants to sit and mow grass all day long? Life is fleeting, that's why we buy Hustlers!

tn mac
09-20-2006, 10:26 PM
ITS very simple the 72 is over kill for 5 acres it doesnt turn as fast and will not fit in tight areas, also scalps on uneven terain and most important it costs more. also the 60 inch will bog down less in tall grass, hustler really doesnt have a engine that has enough power for the 72 except the diesel. At least from a commerical point, those pumps just eat up the power, and you have to slow down to much for me. I have the 66 efi and it bogs down a little in the tall stuff. but hey its your money. you might be suprised how close the cut times will be try them both,or take a look at the 66 much more versatile then the 72.

MAJMattMason
09-21-2006, 06:02 PM
One man's opinion and as you said, "it's your money". What makes a 72" "overkill" to you doesn't to him or me. The 72" is a great size for five acres, doesn't scalp anywhere I mow, turns on a dime, any faster and it would throw me off the machine! And why would either of us want to look at another machine? We both already own the 72" and are happy with the results.

puppypaws
09-21-2006, 06:06 PM
ITS very simple the 72 is over kill for 5 acres it doesnt turn as fast and will not fit in tight areas, also scalps on uneven terain and most important it costs more. also the 60 inch will bog down less in tall grass, hustler really doesnt have a engine that has enough power for the 72 except the diesel. At least from a commerical point, those pumps just eat up the power, and you have to slow down to much for me. I have the 66 efi and it bogs down a little in the tall stuff. but hey its your money. you might be suprised how close the cut times will be try them both,or take a look at the 66 much more versatile then the 72.People don't stop and think about this but if you can run the 66" deck one mile an hour faster than you can run with the 72" deck you will cut more grass with the 66", I use to survey and I have already calculated the difference.

DAR57
09-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Why is everyone in such a hurry to get mowing over with? The longer I mow the smaller the "Honey could You................" WORK load stays!! Love those Peltors too!

puppypaws
09-22-2006, 09:34 PM
One man's opinion and as you said, "it's your money". What makes a 72" "overkill" to you doesn't to him or me. The 72" is a great size for five acres, doesn't scalp anywhere I mow, turns on a dime, any faster and it would throw me off the machine! And why would either of us want to look at another machine? We both already own the 72" and are happy with the results.Good answer, all you have to do in this life is satisfy yourself, your wife, pay taxes and die.

REALSLOW
09-22-2006, 10:00 PM
People don't stop and think about this but if you can run the 66" deck one mile an hour faster than you can run with the 72" deck you will cut more grass with the 66", I use to survey and I have already calculated the difference. That is why the 72 needs a motor. I WANT A 34 HP 72 WITH 26 inch TIRES ARE YOU LISTENING HUSTLER???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU will sell alot of them!

lawnspecialties
09-22-2006, 10:20 PM
There is not a Kawasaki made that runs better than my 28 efi Kohler, it absolutely does not have one flaw that I have found. You are asking the mowerconsultant questions, then ask him why he personally runs the 28 efi and you know he has run every engine combination there is, get him to tell you what he actually thinks, but you need to remember he helps sell all of them so get his honest opinion of the Kohler 28 efi.

Come on, pup. Like blackandgold said, that quiet little liquid-cooled Kawasaki of mine just recently hit 500 hrs. and it runs better than new.:) You know you want one.:laugh:

tn mac
09-23-2006, 12:24 AM
I guess the difference for me is the amount of money that the 72 costs verus the 60, and the amount of time it takes to cut 5 acres with a hustler. I could cut a flat 5 acre lot in 40 minutes with 60 inch hustler super z, but that is what I do for a living it may take you longer since you just cut your yard. also the resale for the 72 is much lower then the 60 inch should you ever want to sell and buy a new mower.

MAJMattMason
09-24-2006, 03:07 PM
One more little dig, huh? Well I sure hope I don't have to sell my mower because that would just prove you right! Childish.

mowerconsultant
09-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Everyones situation is different, thus the reason we make so many deck sizes and model's.
Enough said.
Thread closed.

Pj