PDA

View Full Version : Contracts and Proposals

Josh.S
09-12-2006, 01:09 AM
I was wanting to know what you guys do for contracts. I don't think an advanced pay would work with most of my customers, but I am going to contract all of them next summer. Here is a template of what the guy before me used. Do you guys have any better ones, and do you have an template proposals? Should I put my price per foot for bed edging and sidewalk edging in the contract?

[Quote]
Mow Right
111 Money Lane
Lima, Ohio 45806

Doe, John
666 In Debt Lane
Lima, Ohio 45805

Date X/XX/06

This agreement is for John Doe, 666 In Debt Lane, Lima, Oh for the following services: Mowing, Trimming and Removal of debris on premises for the sum of Twenty-Five Dollars Per mow. Any additional services performed will be at extra cost.

This agreement is for the 06’ mowing season and can be altered with prior written notice by either party.

The above prices and specifications are satisfactory and are hereby accepted. By signing you are authorizing Mow Right to do the work as specified.

X .
SIGNATURE

Doug Z.
09-12-2006, 12:34 PM
If your going to go through with a contract, talk to a lawyer, and get it worded right. I started with the contracts that you can buy at Office Depot. I am now out, after attorney fees, about $ 25,000.00. The first thing I did when this all started, was have my attorney draw up a new one. A contract is worthless unless there is payment requirments init, and what will happen if you dont pay.

Josh.S
09-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Most of the custmers have been with the guy before me for 3-7 years, so I really don't need to worry about them not paying.. but I would still rather have a better contract.