PDA

View Full Version : Wright Mfg Ztr

TheLawnBarber
09-12-2006, 02:25 AM
Have any of you seen this mower? I have. Go to www.proteroinc.com. Looks almost like a Hustler Z. Just thought you guys would like to see it.

pugs
09-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Wow...How do you mow with some of those contraptions? LOL

Willofalltrades
09-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Yep I asked a little wile ago about it. Its 950lbs and 3 inches shorter than normal Zs. Looks like a solid unit. You can only get the 25hp though. The prices are decient to. I'm going to seriously look at them in the spring.

Willofalltrades
09-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Oh you can move the rear axles back for more stability with a catcher.

pugs
09-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Yah, I dunno why Wright doesnt have any info on them or the Sentar Sport's on their site yet.

I posted a bunch of info on the ZTR a while back...Havent seen one up close yet but if its like the rest of thier stuff, it must be pretty good.

Willofalltrades
09-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Yah, I dunno why Wright doesnt have any info on them or the Sentar Sport's on their site yet.

I posted a bunch of info on the ZTR a while back...Havent seen one up close yet but if its like the rest of thier stuff, it must be pretty good.

Ive seen it up close. Looks solid like all the other machines.

davidcalhoun
09-13-2006, 02:08 PM
It looks like there will be a few engine choices depending on which deck size you want.

21 or 23 Kaw on the 48"

23 or 25 Kaw on the 52"

25 Kaw on the 61"

teamgeo
09-14-2006, 02:31 PM
My dealer let me demo one. if you guys want pics(taken with a camera phone) let me know.

John Gamba
09-14-2006, 03:02 PM
My dealer let me demo one. if you guys want pics(taken with a camera phone) let me know.

Can you post then here

metro36
09-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Lets see some pics if anyone has them. I just saw an add in my local landscaping newspaper for them. They look like good machines.

pugs
09-25-2006, 08:04 PM
My rep is supposed to be swinging by with one this week sometime. If I remember and have time I will try to snap some pics of it for you guys :)

pugs
09-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Well I didnt get a chance to snap pics since it was a little hectic when he was here, but it did look like a very neat machine. Big pumps on it...I didnt drive it but it moved pretty good.

The system for raising/lowering the deck is pretty neat too. You push down with your foot and it actuates an automatic release and then just let off until it hits the height adjustment stopper. To raise you just push it down all the way and it locks up. Might take some getting used to for those of you who use the foot control to raise the deck to avoid obstacles otherwise you may raise it too far and lock it up.

The pumps are mounted low in the frame. I think the battery was between the pumps and the resovoir was in front of all of that. When you lift the seat there is basically an open hole to the ground/mower deck. They have the pumps mounted lower than the engine because the Hydro belt is actually driven off the bottom of the engine shaft instead of the top. The clutch is on top. Probably the biggest difference from any other mower that I have seen/worked on.

It has a single resovoir but it has dual hydraulic filters along with a cooler above the engine air intake. No matter which Kawasaki engine you get it comes with the heavy duty air filter setup.

Overall looked like a very nice machine. Fairly simple. I belive them when they say its lighter than everyone else. It looks light, but not cheap if you know what I mean. Its heavy duty where it needs it and not so much where it doesnt. That is the first time I have seen reinforced protection for the little cups/caps that go over the front casters to keep dirt/water out.