PDA

View Full Version : im so sick of mowing wet grass

bigjeeping
09-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Think i'm throwing in the towel today. I'm sick of ruts, clumping, tearing turf. Grass has been wet like everyday for the past 2 weeks.

dcondon
09-12-2006, 10:24 AM
We didn't mow yesterday or today because of rain. First time for a long while though. We sure need it!!!!

davidcalhoun
09-12-2006, 10:30 AM
I mowed some yesterday inbetween the rain just to get them knocked down some. It is supposed to rain for another couple days and I did not want to deal with the taller grass if I waited.

Very soggy and had to use the blower to take care of the clumps (2nd mower pass would not help under these conditions).

DLCS
09-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Didn't mow yesterday and probably will not mow any today. If this was spring time, we would be out mowing wet grass but it can wait, now that its September. I'm sure we will mow some on Saturday.

POPO4995
09-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Didnt have anyone out yesterday and probably not today becuase of rain. In the past 2 weeks we have recieved nearly 8 inches of rain. We are in good shape now! We will definetaly be working Saurday, possibly Sunday now....

bigjeeping
09-12-2006, 11:52 AM
I hate pushing stuff back onto the weekend.

Mowing on sundays just makes me feel like im invading on peoples lives.

Atleast I have all day to play around on the stock market =)

jpp
09-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Raining here today and maybe on Wednesday. I will try to get 2 routes done on Thursday and then one route on Friday. It is coming down hard right now.

JP

bigjeeping
09-12-2006, 12:39 PM
the worst thing about this biz is definitely WET GRASS

Elkbow
09-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Send some, or ALL of that rain to NE Texas. Our lakes a running dry as we are at least 20" below normal rainfall. Most lakes are around 8-10 feet low and some are approaching 20 feet low. As you can guess, the grass hasn't been mowed much this year.

SamTheLawnMan
09-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Just got finished mowing for the day, but I had one more..Had to stop cause of rain. Needless to say I just got a wet A**!!!! That's cool though we need it.

kc2006
09-12-2006, 03:12 PM
I did a few commercial accounts this morning. The rain kept on coming so I called it a day. I'm already getting sick, I dont need to hurry it any more.

South Florida Lawns
09-12-2006, 03:13 PM
you would hate Florida then.

Charles
09-12-2006, 03:41 PM

I disagree. The worst thing is driving up to your yards and they are dead from drought. I am just happy to have the grass growing good in September:clapping:

Daner
09-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Sit Back and take er cool the sun will shine soon.
There has been a big change In weather patterns.

rodfather
09-12-2006, 05:32 PM

trust me...the alternative is much much worse

ozd12005
09-12-2006, 06:30 PM
I disagree. The worst thing is driving up to your yards and they are dead from drought. I am just happy to have the grass growing good in September:clapping:

Yeppers....I would much rather deal with the rain then the drought

bigjeeping
09-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Yeah you guys are right, I should be thankfull for the rain. I just hate sitting around knowing I have 40 hours of mowing to put in this week and havent done any of it yet.

corey4671
09-12-2006, 10:15 PM
AMEN!!! We are so dry here as well. Caught a catfish yesterday and he was covered in ticks...I complained last year about the rain from all the hurricanes that came up through the Gulf and this year I have paid dearly for it! It hurts. I feel for you guys who do this exclusively. I do at least have a full time job that has considerable amounts of OT available.

tomo
09-13-2006, 02:35 AM

Hello , this is my typical mowing season ,rains every week ,very damp to wet conditions.
tomo:waving:

WildWest
09-13-2006, 04:52 AM
trust me...the alternative is much much worse

J E S U S H. Cheeee RIST

Okay, I usually don't EVER start a conflict or judgement on this site, but this is a joke right?

OMG, do you want some "cheese" with that whine?

Rain would be a welcome PITA!
Stop yer Bitchin', enjoy your days off, your customers will understand!

RAIN lolololol, that's the LAST thing that would be a problem for me!

jpp
09-13-2006, 08:21 PM
J E S U S H. Cheeee RIST

Okay, I usually don't EVER start a conflict or judgement on this site, but this is a joke right?

I would have to say he was being serious. I too would rather have the rain than a drought. Heck August was bad enough. Now I am playing catch up but hey that is fine with me. Worked to 7 pm tonight to get ahead for Thursday, but I am still behind a day as well. So I will do yards off the Friday route in the pm on Thurs and then Friday should be easy.

one man gang
09-13-2006, 08:41 PM
J E S U S H. Cheeee RIST

We had drought last year and it blew but this blows as well. I haven't cut dry grass since July and it's getting old. It's basically rained everyday here for two weeks(flooding today) and the grass is growing faster than in spring. Yes this is good for business but it's still a bi*ch. Lota guys are dropping accounts(or getting dropped) ( especially the poor bastards that bag everything) and I'm more than glad to pick up the slack.

bigjeeping
09-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Just my FASFDASFALKSJd ING luck... mowed today.. lawns pretty saturated from the past week of rain and one lawn rutted so bad the Homeowner called me complaining "somebody will have to come out here with some dirt and seed to fill those ruts in"

Anyway Im so backed up ill be working night and day until Sunday.

Grass Man
09-14-2006, 01:47 AM
.... Be thankful you have the rain. Remember when it was dry, and the grass was brown, be thankful
you can mow. Although, I agree, I would like to see it more evenly spaced out but I wouldn't complain.
:)

Think i'm throwing in the towel today. I'm sick of ruts, clumping, tearing turf. Grass has been wet like everyday for the past 2 weeks.

mmacsek
09-14-2006, 07:22 AM
Well said!!! Matt

Tharrell
09-14-2006, 07:37 AM
The weathermen screwed up on tuesday and put me behind. It looks like I may get to do something today, maybe. I had already decided to get an early jump on friday because today was supposed to be bad as well. I'm drinking my coffee and looking outside and it's still soggy. Radar looks ok but, it looked ok on monday night. Weather is kinda like a crapshoot sometimes.