PDA

View Full Version : Back-up mower opinion

ACutAbovesiny
09-12-2006, 02:26 PM
I am interested in getting a back-up 21 in mower...what do you guys think of this? I have 2 other lawnboys and they work great.

What are some opinions on Lawnboy in general?

ACutAbovesiny
09-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Here are the specs...

Model Specifications:
Engine Easy Start Tecumseh®
Drive System Sens-a-Speed™
Starter Recoil
21" Trim Edge Deck Standard
3-n-1 System Standard
Easy Fold Handle Quick Stow Lever
SimpleSet Handle Standard
Easy Lift Bag Standard
Soft Comfort Grips Standard
Easy Turn Wheels Standard
Cutting Height 1-4"
Weight 81 lbs.
Warranty 2-Year Complete

Features
• 6.5 hp Easy Start Tecumseh® Engine* A powerful, easy starting, long lasting performer.
• Exclusive Sens-a-Speed™ Self-Propel System Adjusts automatically by sensing your walking speed, up to 4 mph.
• 21" Steel Deck Durable, lightweight, steel deck maneuvers easily.
• Compact Storage with the Quick Stow Lever Step once for 90° storage and twice for storage at 180°, allowing even the bag to store away neatly!
• Exclusive Features Designed to Fit You Features like the SimpleSet Handle and Soft Comfort Grips show that this mower is designed to fit you.
• Outstanding Ease of Use Features One-handed Easy Lift Bag, Easy Turn Wheels, & Lightweight Maneuverability minimize your effort and make mowing simpler.
• 3-n-1 System: Mulch, Rear Bag, and Side Discharge Converts quickly and easily between each function without any tools.
• 2-Year Complete Coverage Warranty Starting, Power, Parts - residential use only. 90 day warranty for commercial use.

Daner
09-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Looks like the one Ihave on my Rig.
This one has the Honda engine It It
gR8 21er...Starts on first pull every time...Clean crisp cut and stripes nice.

South Florida Lawns
09-12-2006, 04:15 PM
sweet, dude!

WJW Lawn
09-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Are those the ones you get at Home Depot? I was thinking about getting one too...and I cant justify a 1000 commercial 21...cause I dont use it but maybe once a week for MAYBE 15 minutes.

Daner
09-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Are those the ones you get at Home Depot? I was thinking about getting one too...and I cant justify a 1000 commercial 21...cause I dont use it but maybe once a week for MAYBE 15 minutes.
I got mine at Home Depot...And I felt the same about spend big bucks for a commercial unit.

Kingram10
09-12-2006, 05:04 PM
I almost bought one of these but the Sales person told me that Home Depot wasn't happy with them and they won't carry them in the future. So I went with the Honda. But they sure look nice. You hear good and bad about all of them like Ford vs Chevy etc.

Daner
09-12-2006, 05:10 PM
I almost bought one of these but the Sales person told me that Home Depot wasn't happy with them and they won't carry them in the future. So I went with the Honda. But they sure look nice. You hear good and bad about all of them like Ford vs Chevy etc.Some of those sale greaters there don,t know too too much about mowers...That lawn boy that I have has a Honda Engine.
The Pic In my Avatar was cut by that mower every time this year.

tacoma200
09-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Looks like the one Ihave on my Rig.
This one has the Honda engine It It
gR8 21er...Starts on first pull every time...Clean crisp cut and stripes nice.
Nice trailer set up, I feel so unprofessional with mine now.

yrdandgardenhandyman
09-12-2006, 05:12 PM
I almost bought one of these but the Sales person told me that Home Depot wasn't happy with them and they won't carry them in the future. So I went with the Honda. But they sure look nice. You hear good and bad about all of them like Ford vs Chevy etc.

Home Depot doesn't like them because of the price. Everybody goes for the $150.00 MTD's.
I have one and my only complaint is the fact that the traction lever is plastic and will catch on stuff, on the trailer, and break off. After I figured out how to safeguard against that, it works pretty well. I really like the personal pace concept.

Daner
09-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Those ole gurls seem to last forever.even that Mtd,,,Keep the Fluid Film stuff to that deck top and bottom and It will last along time.We have all see the decks rot right off the engines.
I Believe Its how you take care of your stuff...even a com mower will give you grief If your not nice to It:dancing:

Kingram10
09-12-2006, 06:47 PM
They sure look nice ,I like that Green Color, maybe my next backup mower will be a lawn Boy.

ACutAbovesiny
09-12-2006, 09:48 PM

The one i described and show in the picture is on sale for $269.00.

WJW Lawn
09-12-2006, 09:53 PM
The one i described and show in the picture is on sale for $269.00.

Where?? At HD?

ACutAbovesiny
09-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Where?? At HD?

No, at Lowes.