PDA

View Full Version : Condo Bid Question

2menandamower
09-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Ok I need some advice on this one. I have a Condo complex that is wanting me to submit a bid. I know 1 residnet that lives there now and one that moved out last year. They have both told me (at seperate times and not knowing that I had heard it from the other) that the maintenence fees for each resident are 75.00 per month for 12 months. I have driven through the complex and counted 55 units. That comes to 49,500.00 per year. The contract calls for Mowing 28 times per year (can bill for additional cuts), mulching in the Spring with Hardwood Mulch (about 90 cubic yards), trimming Hedges 2 times per year, cleaning out gutters 3 times per year and chems 4 treatments per year and aeration and overseeding in the fall. I have been told by the company that I sub my chems to that they used to service this property and there is 225,000 SF of lawn area. So my question is knowing what the budget is (49,500.00) what should I bid??? I have done the math and the total cost for the company (supplies, man hours, chems etc, etc, will be around 17,00.00 per year. So would you bid for the max budget or what???? I just don't want to leave any money on the table but I also want to land this account. This could for sure push me into the fulltime world in a hurry. Let me know what you guys think about this one.....

Thanks

Liquidfast
09-12-2006, 04:26 PM
I dunno. I would make sure you add $100 per unit to the total ($5500). That way, you have some breathing room and covers incidentals.

$100 per unit will not make or break you or the building so good luck. I bid plazas, I dont exactly put the actual bid together so when I get the numbers, I add $200 per unit for anything 9 units or less and $100 per unit for anything 10 units and up. It is not a great way of doing things but it has worked for me.

ALarsh
09-12-2006, 04:29 PM
The condo association isn't going to pay you their max budget. Their focus is to make money and thats all their trying to do. A nearby neighborhood here budgets $3700 for landscaping. How much is actually spent? $1900

Just as a word of advice, don't believe what people tell you. You have to go measure the lawn yourself for sq ft and all the specifics.