PDA

View Full Version : Building business credit can be easy

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

willretire@40
09-12-2006, 04:39 PM
First off get a duns number but dont buy the builder crap. To get a dunns number instantly tell them you need it for government contract and they shouldnt try to sell you anything. It is best to be inc. to get good credit offers but can be sole for limited credit. Also have to have EIN #. Then you have to build credit which can be done on average in about 3 months. Then apply for a staples business account with out using your personal credit. You should be able to get $750 limit. If you get denial online call the 1800 #. I will post more info later. Let me know if interested cuz if not wont waste the time. Have to do this just right to get best credit fast (3-6 months).

YARDGNOME
09-12-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm interested in the process and would like to hear any business credit building tips. For those that have been through a bad divorce, etc...any tips help towrads reaching small business goals.

willretire@40
09-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Ok just do what i said and will give you more details later. There are a couple of other companys out there that will give credit right away. Building business credit is faster then building personal credit if done right you can have a home depot master card in about 3 months with atleat $2000 limit. And dell you can proably get in a month depending on how fast companys post to dun and experian business.

richallseasons
09-12-2006, 11:03 PM
what is a dun # and where do you get one

cooksjr537
09-13-2006, 09:15 AM
american express business is also good. I thought. I applied for the credit card and they approved it with a no limit balance which is pretty good. You just got to make sure you pay it off because the % rate is high i think at 24.

willretire@40
09-13-2006, 01:59 PM
www.dnb.com number used for gov contracts and to build credit.

topsites
09-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Well I don't quite get the drift here...

Whether or not a dunn's number would help I can not tell you, but I was advised to steer clear of Dunn & Bradstreet, the less they know about you as a business, the better... And let your own credit determine your worth so that places like Equifax continue to determine your credit worthiness, once you get into D&B you're just up against another learning curve as you now have yet another credit bureau keeping tabs on you (thou D & B *is* a business credit reporting bureau), while most lenders most likely will never check into D&B for credit worthiness in our cases, I have been told D & B can be as much a blessing as a curse.

I mean, a business is just an entity on paper, it is run by people and always someone's signature ultimately guarantees payment, that is to say what does a lender do when a business defaults, after all, you can go after a person but you don't chase a 'business' per se, you have to have someBODY to go after.

In my case the bank made it clear for me, my name is on the credit card and my name signed the paper meaning *I* am ultimately responsible if the business credit card does not get paid, it is the same thing with my national Toro account, they come after me and take my stuff lol if it don't get paid.

So it is ultimately my own credit, in my case, which determines my business' lending or borrowing power, and I would suspect this to be the case for all solo operations... Now for multi-personnel ops, it is a little bit like a commercial contract - Whoever signs the paper can and will be held liable, don't be fooled into thinking they won't come after you personally if the business doesn't pay, if you sign, then you pay, doesn't matter whose idea it was, whoever signs the credit agreement is liable.

Of course I do suppose it might be worth checking into for some, in the case where one wishes to have the business in and of itself become a credit institution, again my only advise in this case is be prepared for another learning curve so it is easier for me to stay the way I am, but things can be different for everybody. the choice is yours but think about it some please.

willretire@40
09-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Yes they can still come after you but it sep. personal from business credit. If you want business credit you have to have a dun # to get mastercards and even trucks in business name. So when you go buy the house they wont see business debt or anything else you want to buy. Best thing to do first is go inc or llc. then start trying to build business credit.

Total Landscape Solutions
09-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Funny, I have a credit card (Visa) and a truck in my business name and don't have a dun#. I have also secured credit lines at 4 distributors in my area without it.

willretire@40
09-15-2006, 01:31 PM
But did you have to personally guarntee it and is it on your personal credit report b.c that is the difference. And look up your company at dnb.com b.c sometimes you already have an account.

cooksjr537
09-15-2006, 02:16 PM
hey willretire@40 thanks for the info. I never know about that. After reading about the duns number i recently registered. Keep me informed on others.

lawnpronewbie
09-15-2006, 02:34 PM
This is great information that should be considered valuable to business owners in any industry. As a newbie to this forum and to this industry I certainly appreciate your insight. Keep up the good work!

09-15-2006, 04:42 PM
No I didn't personally guarantee it, and no I don't have a dbn. All of the business finances are run independent of my own.

willretire@40
09-16-2006, 09:08 AM
Are you Total Landscape Solutions LLC in CT and business address start with 78........ if so you do have a DUN #.

willretire@40
09-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Call 866-705-5711 and state you are applying for federal contracts and you need a duns number. They will give it to you on the spot with no solicitations.
You can also apply for Office Depot and get a $250 CL (credit limit). Once again if denied online call the 1800# and they should approve it. After these get on your business credit report it is time to move on to Home Depot and Dell but i will get into that later.

Frontier-Lawn
09-16-2006, 10:41 AM
heres what i just did http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform

keith_480231
09-16-2006, 09:57 PM
So if you have a lower personal credit rating you can almost like start out "fresh" with a duns number and "your" process???

willretire@40
09-17-2006, 07:04 AM
yes start with staples even if they arent in your area order online. Then do the same for office depot. the both report to dnb.

willretire@40
10-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Ok guys it has been 1 month since I last posted on the Thread. So in the last 5 weeks I have switched from sole p to LLC and now i have over $15k in business credit with out putting my social # on anything. Now i have had a couple people PM me on this subject but even they never got back with me on it. So i am just telling you that it is easy. Dont sleep on this. I have gas cards, office store cards, Dell, Hardware store and even a MC.

huh
10-17-2006, 09:33 PM
the information you posted in this thread may turn out to be some of the most valuable information i picked up from this site....and this site has some very good info.....thanks again :)

willretire@40
10-23-2006, 10:19 AM
bumpin bump

topsites
10-23-2006, 10:27 AM
I still don't quite get it...

Not to rain on your parade guys, but I use my personal credit and I checked the Dun's site and one thing that stood out is that Dun's can help increase credit and provides some essential things that might be needed, and I'm not saying this is not helpful but...

I've always ran my business on my personal credit because it forces me as a person to have good credit, and solid spending habits are what build this credit stuff anyhow, be it for Dun's or Equifax. I'm not arguing that if a creditor asks you for a Dun's number that you might then not wish to consider it, but I wouldn't go out of my way.

What I'm saying is, if my personal credit is not A+, I would not expect Dun's to fix this problem... Likely my Dun's credit would be no better (and it could get worse) than my personal, so again I advise to have good credit first. Dun's could actually compound a problem, if a person has bad credit, then Dun's gives them an even bigger line of debt, next thing you know the business can't pay the bills either.

Then comes this attitude of separating oneself from the business, acting like so long the bill belongs to the business it's not really yours (so it doesn't have to be paid)... There are plenty of owners out there like that, but it's still your business, please act accordingly.

Because one thing I know for sure is if you ruin your Dun's credit, you are, as the name says, done.

Billz
10-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Well, I got my number now... Every time I apply for credit they are still asking me for me social sec number...I tried staples, would it be better to try somewhere else?

Frontier-Lawn
10-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Well after one month i have a staples card with a $750 limit, office depot card with a $500 limit and a Lowes Commercial Line with a $1,000 limit. In Jan07 I'm going to file for a LLC, to define Bizz from my personal even farther.

lawnman_scott
10-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Well, I got my number now... Every time I apply for credit they are still asking me for me social sec number...I tried staples, would it be better to try somewhere else?are you entirely sure you applied for a business credit card and not a personal?

topsites
10-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Well, I got my number now... Every time I apply for credit they are still asking me for me social sec number...I tried staples, would it be better to try somewhere else?

I think the Dun's number will only be useful in certain cases.

Even my Capital One Business Visa (and yes it says Business on the card lol) is on my personal credit.
That's several k, the Z is on my personal credit as well, but that's all small stuff.

You may be asked for a Dun's number if you were purchasing expensive or large quantities of agricultural machinery, such as what might be used for farming or large Lco outfits. You may also be asked for a Dun's number if applying for a lease on commercial property, that type of thing.

I am not sure if, for smaller stuff, a Dun's number is of much use.
Likely, once you get some ways over 10 or 20 thousand dollars, that's where the Dun's credit extension may be beneficial, it serves mainly to boost credit far beyond what the wildest line of personal credit can do (and personal can DO up to 30,000 and more in some cases), again, only for the large kind of expenses that a bigger outfit might incurr.

I am willing to stand corrected.

Billz
10-31-2006, 04:10 AM
well, I now have 500 from home depot and 750 from staples. Is there a credit card company that does this too? I checked Chase and they do not.

willretire@40
10-31-2006, 12:24 PM
home depot master card but dont know if you are ready for that. now you have to check you dnb report to see if anything has updated. do that by going to their website and in the bottom left corner go to up date report or something like that. it updates every sunday morning so only check it once a week b.c they have been known to shut it down if you do it more then that.

Frontier-Lawn
10-31-2006, 01:21 PM
so at hd what would you have a beter chance of geting a re bizz card or the bizz mastercard?

willretire@40
10-31-2006, 04:15 PM
regular would be the easiest but still need something on your business credit file.

firecapt13
10-31-2006, 04:15 PM
Called Duns today and found that i had a number that was created when I filed for incorporation with Secretary of State. When I called Duns they tried to sell me credit builder program for 549.00, I declined this. I them went on Staples website and applied for credit card. I then called Staples customer service and was approved for 750 credit limit. I never gave social security number or any thing else. I know this is in business only because my personal credit rating sucks right now. I am hoping to get things out of my personal credit file and in business file. When you pull personal credit report all of my business stuff is there also. Thanks alot for info.

willretire@40
10-31-2006, 04:17 PM
topsite you need it on the smaller stuff. Big stuff normally has to include your personal credit or make millions a year. The biggest you can get with out personal credit is Home Depot MC up to 25k without financials and a vechile from FORD.

adaptivehomeservices
11-02-2006, 10:29 AM
I have been following this thread and thought I would report my success so far. Applied for the duns # with the fed, I tried using the link in this thread but they tried to sell me a starter package to get the number. Did a quick search online and found the link to the fed duns number. Called and got my number on the spot.

I then waited 2 days, applied online at staples and was advised to call the customer service department. Called them and they approved my business application for $750.

I formed my LLC 6 days ago, got my EIN# 5 days ago. I listed my EIN on the application and did not have to give my ss#.

Thanks for the great info!:dancing:

georgiagrass
11-02-2006, 07:59 PM
This is great information. Proud to be a member!

Gatewayuser
11-03-2006, 09:04 AM
I applied today but I am a sole po. I employ 3 and do work for the government and non profit besides general public so that might help.
Thanks for the info!

BarefootLandGroup
11-17-2006, 05:27 PM
I am having a hell of a time trying to apply for my business. I have gone online and filled out the application, faxed in the proof of mailing address, and now they want even more information. They are supposedly faxing me more paperwork over for more information to be given before they will open my account.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Gatewayuser
11-17-2006, 11:17 PM
I am having a hell of a time trying to apply for my business. I have gone online and filled out the application, faxed in the proof of mailing address, and now they want even more information. They are supposedly faxing me more paperwork over for more information to be given before they will open my account.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I have already given up when they said to call them to go over what "package" I need. I don't have time for that crap.

Frontier-Lawn
11-18-2006, 10:05 AM
I just got a $500 Lesco charge im now calling it quits for now until mid 2007 on geting company credit until i can get a hustler loan.

in 2 months this is what i have so far with out telling them any personal info.
Lesco $500
Office Depot $500
Staples $750
Lowes $1000

willretire@40
11-19-2006, 07:22 PM
You also need to get some net 30 accounts b.c it really makes your business grow fast. Just buy something small and pay the invoice as soon as you get it. This companys report fast ie. Wearguard, Uline, Veripack, and Reliable. Just add .com to their names.

michindi
11-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Ok Im a little lost....What is a LLC and a EIN?

Frontier-Lawn
11-19-2006, 10:44 PM
E.I.N. = http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=98350,00.html

L.L.C. = Limited Liability Company means if you get sued they cant take any of your personal property.

Proscapez LLC
11-19-2006, 11:15 PM
I had someone trying to get my name and S.S.# for credit awhile back.
I refused to give it to them, because I done want a link to me from my company as I have an LLC. My Attorney told me not to apply under both names as It could defeat the purpose of the LLC, and then they could hold me liable.

georgiagrass
11-20-2006, 09:11 AM
LLC = limited liability corporation

EIN = employer's identification number

BarefootLandGroup
11-20-2006, 11:43 AM
LLC = limited liability corporation

EIN = employer's identification number

LLC= limited liability company

I made that mistake with my accountant....she was quick to correct me.

Frontier-Lawn
11-20-2006, 11:58 AM

but it has all the benefits of a corporation with out all the filing hasseles

BarefootLandGroup
11-20-2006, 12:04 PM
That you are correct!!

Have you heard about the disregarded entity thing. Something about some more tax breaks. I think it works if you are a single member LLC, but I am not sure.

I am meeting with my accountant today, and will fill you in when I know what I am talking about. It sounds good though from what I have read....

Frontier-Lawn
11-20-2006, 12:12 PM
my nabor/landlords wife is a corporate paralegal and handles alot of fortune 500 company's & big name stars company's . So i was going to talk to her and let her file /handle it for me.

georgiagrass
11-20-2006, 12:17 PM

Barefoot: Thanks for that correction. In my law firm, we are an LLP -- Limited Liability Partnership, so I was on new ground talking about an LLC.

BarefootLandGroup
11-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Barefoot: Thanks for that correction. In my law firm, we are an LLP -- Limited Liability Partnership, so I was on new ground talking about an LLC.

I wasn't trying to be a smart***, I just remember the first time I walked in to my accountants office and told her I was an llcorp. She asked me if it was soemthing new......pretty awkward for the first couple minutes.

Then we got down to business and she told me the reason why it is company and not corporation. Just like being the "president" of an LLC. There really is no such thing, only members. So I am a member of my LLC, not the owner.

All this legal jargon......just let me plant trees, mow grass, and pour concrete.

shiveslandcsaping
11-20-2006, 07:20 PM
I just wanted to say that I recieved my Staples Card today with $750.00 limit by following what was said.

Thanks

lawnman_scott
11-20-2006, 11:17 PM
topsite you need it on the smaller stuff. Big stuff normally has to include your personal credit or make millions a year. The biggest you can get with out personal credit is Home Depot MC up to 25k without financials and a vechile from FORD.So what exactly is needed as far as established credit, and time to get a vehichle loan from ford motor credit? I did everything so far that I messaged you about.

willretire@40
11-21-2006, 05:03 AM
You have to have a strong DNB file. Meaning you have to have some high credit limits reporting and a paydex score of 80. Have you learned how to check your Dnb Report.

Tharrell
11-21-2006, 05:38 AM
So as I understand it so far, I can apply for ein and dun while I'm a sole proprieter?

lawnman_scott
11-21-2006, 08:23 PM
You have to have a strong DNB file. Meaning you have to have some high credit limits reporting and a paydex score of 80. Have you learned how to check your Dnb Report.I go to the dnb website, log in, look around, get pissed off that I cant find out how to check it, then come back here and wait for you to tell me.

BarefootLandGroup
11-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Just wanted to give an update....

No social given, $750 limit!!!

Thanks for the help......

lawnman_scott
11-21-2006, 09:32 PM
I go to the dnb website, log in, look around, get pissed off that I cant find out how to check it, then come back here and wait for you to tell me.Ok I got it now.

Rob Spread & Spray
11-23-2006, 07:11 PM
My company lists as 3 different addresses. How can I see if the state filed for a DUN's number for me or not when I formed a Sub S Corp?

willretire@40
11-24-2006, 11:02 AM
search your company name on dnb website.

Rob Spread & Spray
11-24-2006, 11:04 AM
I did and it came up with my company name at 3 different old addresses. Does this alone mean I have a DNB # already?

GreenN'Clean
11-24-2006, 11:37 AM
I just checked to see if my Business was listed with duns and they have the correct address but spelled my name grenn n clean inc instead of green n clean inc

spazfam
11-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Just wanted to give an update....

No social given, $750 limit!!!

Thanks for the help......

Ditto,, So far so Good have a few in the works will advise.

willretire@40
11-24-2006, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=GreenN'Clean]I just checked to see if my Business was listed with duns and they have the correct address but spelled my name grenn n cln
you can go online if you sign up for the eupdate which is called update business info on their website located on the bottom of webpage on the left. it is important to have that they have your name and address correct because that is how companies pull your credit and how they report it.

spazfam
12-05-2006, 12:46 AM
So far it has worked received staples-$750 and Office Depot-$1000 Credit today ....No social needed...will keep you updated. Oh and Dell $5000.Credit as well.

GreenN'Clean
12-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the info willretire@40 i appreciate it

Rob Spread & Spray
12-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Well I finally got mine straightened out. The state must have filed one when we incorporated years ago. The address changes follow my home address for some reason. They said they had to reactivate my number, which will take 24 hours. Then I can go online and begin to monitor things.

Has anyone ever applied for a Line of Credit with their DUNS ?

GreenN'Clean
12-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Just got off the phone with duns they said they would call me back in a couple of days to upload my new information since they misspelled my name through the state when we incorporated years ago and give me a duns number. I spoke with 3 different people and they didn't seem to know what they were doing

willretire@40
12-05-2006, 10:42 PM
rob and spread. You will have to use your personal credit along with your business credit to get a LOC. You need to have atleast a 660 personal score and can proably get up to 50k with no financials.

Proscapez LLC
12-06-2006, 02:43 AM
I called for a Duns & Brad Street # today.
This evening I applied at Staples and got the $750.00 credit line.
They never asked for S.S.# just my E.I.N.#
Thanks for the info.

Frontier-Lawn
12-06-2006, 06:59 PM
i got a shell fleet card today $1000 and hd depot wont even give a a lowsy $500. lowes trust me with a $1000 :confused:

Proscapez LLC
12-07-2006, 04:00 AM
I tired homedepot and lowes they told me they would contact me in 7-10 days.
So I guess they didnt like me. Oh well!
I like buying from my local hardware store anyways, they give me a 10% discount on all my purchases.
And there prices arent that bad anyway.

willretire@40
12-09-2006, 10:17 PM
You have to have stuff reporting to your credit file first before you can get home depot. It is just like personal credit you have to have stuff reporting.

wllstrt40
12-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the info on business credit,...worked great once again thanks.

SuperZZZ
12-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi Will I talk to someone at dnb and she told me just cause you have a number doesnt mean you have a credit profile for vendors to report or look at.If you have dnb and EIN#s how can they approve you for funds/credit if no info. on your business??Thanks for the info just pondering the info.

willretire@40
12-18-2006, 10:50 AM
First off DNB lies left and right. Follow the information in this thread and you will be fine. I started building business credit 3 months ago and have over 50k in credit with out using my SSN. Some companys you can have is Walmart, Dell, Target, Home Depot, Home Depot MC, Shell, Sunoco, Lowes, Lesco, Sams, Amazon, Staple, Office Depot, Northern, Best Buy, Compusa, Ford motor credit, and many many many more.

SuperZZZ
12-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Hey Will Thanks for quick response.I will try the advice at beg. of the year.Much appreciated advice to all of us.:)

SuperZZZ
12-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Also one more thing.Have you ever tried to apply for credit for new enclosed trailer?Looking to upgrade from open trailer.Trying to save some cash for advertising and equipment etc.

willretire@40
12-18-2006, 11:40 AM
I havent found a way to get a trailer with just business credit. I was looking for it but couldnt find anything. Funancing is a easy company to get but you have to use your personal credit you need a 600 credit score atleast. Funancing.com when approved search for a dealer that accepts that card.

grassmanak
12-20-2006, 06:26 PM
i applied for my TIN and MY DNB number. Got a temporary TIN, but how long does it take to recieve a DNB number. I got a email confrimation, but didnt recieve a number. its only been like 30 minutes so far.

willretire@40
12-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Normally no more then two days if you went through gov website.

grassmanak
12-21-2006, 04:22 PM
well here is my status, i recieved my number, and then went on the staples website and applied. Im wondering if i did something wrong though. Do i need to update my DNB account before i do anything else. My staples card was denied but it said to call the number and the lady asked that i fax in address verification. Does this sound right??

willretire@40
12-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Yeah just fax it in. Then you should be approved.

grassmanak
12-21-2006, 05:34 PM
is all i had with me was a cell phone bill, hopefully that is good enough for approval.

draftlawncare
12-21-2006, 06:57 PM
for ***** and giggles a applied for a american express gold business card with my EIN number and was approved for a card with no spending limit and 0% rate .also a home depot mastercard with $6,500 limit plus a home depot store business card for $ 3,500........... i am going cancel the home depot store card and the mastercard

draftlawncare
12-21-2006, 06:59 PM
btw i have had a DnB number and a EIN number for years and have never used them for credit... i mostly deal with my local bank for loans and credit cards .....also i would not touch a gas card with a 10 foot pole

Gatewayuser
12-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Ok I just refiled for a DnB # this time using the gov website so we will see what happens.

willretire@40
12-22-2006, 10:43 AM
draftlawncare did you put your ssn on any of them and if so which ones?

grassmanak
12-22-2006, 11:46 AM
yea, an american express card would be a good way to buy a trailer. Im sure their a dealers that would except that card.

apowell18
12-23-2006, 02:26 AM
So what is the total amount of time you all have waited to get the credit you have recieved? Ford will give me credit with this number?

shiveslandcsaping
12-23-2006, 04:31 PM
how do you check your credit report on D&B?

willretire@40
12-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Bottom left corner on dnb.com there is a link to update your profile or something like that. Go from there and only check it once a week. Sundays after 8am EST.

12-28-2006, 10:34 AM
I just spent the last 35 minutes on the phone with Alex from D&B. Thought I would post some of the highlights of the conversation:

*When you are assigned a D&B number requested by the Secretary of State or by yourself, this is a non-validated number. Meaning that it contains no credit history, is not used to begin credit scores or ratings, and is almost no value to a vendor in determining credit worthiness.
*Non-validated numbers only contain basic information like your business address. They have no relevance to a credit score of any kind, and cannot be used by a vendor to pull a credit score.
*To validate your number it is $249. They will verify your company location, check for any liens and judgements, and add any updated information to your businesses file. This validated number is not used for a credit score either, just to validate your existence.
*To begin a credit rating or score you need to pay $549 and have at least 4 vendors that extend you credit (credit cards do not count). For this amount they will investigate your vendors and your credit history with them, then use this information to help obtain a credit score.
*Credit cards do not count as to your D&B credit score. Alex said "Because rates and credit limits change so often, you can imagine how hard this would be to track".
This sounds like the biggest bunch of crap I have ever heard! Credit cards don't count to your credit score. You want me to pay you $549 so I can have a credit score.
My personal credit score is over 800. I didn't pay anybody to investigate it, validate my existence, or check with people who extend me credit.

Suddenly D&B doesn't sound so appealing to me. This all reaks of some serious b*** s***. Anybody else call to investigate what and how D&B does what they do?

Gatewayuser
12-28-2006, 11:00 AM
I just spent the last 35 minutes on the phone with Alex from D&B. Thought I would post some of the highlights of the conversation:

*When you are assigned a D&B number requested by the Secretary of State or by yourself, this is a non-validated number. Meaning that it contains no credit history, is not used to begin credit scores or ratings, and is almost no value to a vendor in determining credit worthiness.
*Non-validated numbers only contain basic information like your business address. They have no relevance to a credit score of any kind, and cannot be used by a vendor to pull a credit score.
*To validate your number it is $249. They will verify your company location, check for any liens and judgements, and add any updated information to your businesses file. This validated number is not used for a credit score either, just to validate your existence.
*To begin a credit rating or score you need to pay $549 and have at least 4 vendors that extend you credit (credit cards do not count). For this amount they will investigate your vendors and your credit history with them, then use this information to help obtain a credit score.
*Credit cards do not count as to your D&B credit score. Alex said "Because rates and credit limits change so often, you can imagine how hard this would be to track".
This sounds like the biggest bunch of crap I have ever heard! Credit cards don't count to your credit score. You want me to pay you $549 so I can have a credit score.
My personal credit score is over 800. I didn't pay anybody to investigate it, validate my existence, or check with people who extend me credit.

Suddenly D&B doesn't sound so appealing to me. This all reaks of some serious b*** s***. Anybody else call to investigate what and how D&B does what they do?

Funny I am validating mine for FREE through the govs web site. Sounds like you bought in to the bull that Dnb dishes out.

12-28-2006, 11:04 AM
Wrong. I didn't buy anything. Read a little closer. I called BS!

Gatewayuser
12-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Wrong. I didn't buy anything. Read a little closer. I called BS!

There we go I am validated. All done.
You have to go to all gov websites to not pay anything or be bothered by dnb. It takes forever though.

Rob Spread & Spray
12-28-2006, 12:12 PM
How do you know if you are validated?

12-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Which web-sites do you have to visit to validate yourself?

Gatewayuser
12-28-2006, 01:33 PM
There is a link on www.ccr.gov.
I first did a search for the government dnb website and signed up there. Dnb would not even give my number to me they just kept trying to sell. So I did it for free it just takes a little time.

Team-Green L&L
12-28-2006, 01:48 PM
There is a link on www.ccr.gov.
I first did a search for the government dnb website and signed up there. Dnb would not even give my number to me they just kept trying to sell. So I did it for free it just takes a little time.

Thanks a lot for this link. I have been dealing with the DUNS rep for 8 months trying to figure out why I should pay $250 if I'm not a gov. contractor.

Gatewayuser
12-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Thanks a lot for this link. I have been dealing with the DUNS rep for 8 months trying to figure out why I should pay $250 if I'm not a gov. contractor.

To fill this out you need to have a government contract job for a reference.

12-28-2006, 04:49 PM
So why validate your number if it has no relavance to a credit score and dosen't help any credit rating?

willretire@40
12-28-2006, 05:26 PM
DNB will lie. They tell everyone that. The number you are giving will work they are just trying to make money. If you call they number that I posted and say that it is for a gov contract then they should give it to u then with no problems. But dont tell them it is for credit b.c then you will get nothing but lies. Once you get the number never talk to them again unless you have to. If they call hang up. I am at over 60k in credit believe me.

SuperZZZ
12-28-2006, 07:57 PM
Hey Will,
Did you register at ccr?I got my number online with no hassles.Just wondering if you registered and if you need to register with the ccr?I believe their just trying to sell packages cause i called lady said i needed a package to actually get a credit report started.lol.I asked her well where does the info. go when i make a purchase for office supplies etc.?lol.Anywho just had a few questions on ccr and gonna get started at beginning of the year to file for LLC and tax ids.thanks for the info.:)

JJLandscapes
12-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Never even heard of a dun# dont see why anyone would need it... Unless you have the worst credit you should be getting 100 credit cards in the mail everyday

Bunton Guy
01-01-2007, 05:44 PM
What's the best way to go about getting credit with Ford? one of their leases? credit lines? I just printed out their commercial business loan form and you have to show proof of income taxes for several years, profit and loss charts & no where to add DNB or EIN #'s.:hammerhead:

Bunton Guy
01-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Ok here is what I have come across so far. I got my duns & ein # around a week after this post started.

I have gotten my $750 from Staples.

Went to Northern Tool's website & you have to enter your SSN# there is no way around it. The form will not enter if you don't put it in.

American Express business gold needs a SSN#

Shell fleet biz turned me down but with the opportunity to call....

Wal-mart has to have a SSN# once again no way around it.

Dell turned me down with no phone # to call...basically a buzz off screen came up.

Lowes turned me down with no phone #

Office Depot turned me down but gave me a # to call and ask...
Office Depot was the only one out of all of those that actually asked for your EIN & DUNS # .....was shocked when they asked and actually pleased that I must have done that for a reason. Where should I go from Here? I have business credit with John Deere Landscape for the last 3 years ($3,500limit) and now $750 from Staples.

Bunton Guy
01-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Is there a way to get a business line of credit off of a EIN & DUNS #?

I would like to for 2007 to get everything out of my name and have the company buy the stuff from me. FREE up my credit for godsakes.:weightlifter: :drinkup:

willretire@40
01-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Ok Bunton. You have to use your ssn to get a line of credit. But they dont report it to your personal credit unless you default on it. Your personal scores would have to be 680 and up. Walmart has a seperate application for a business account. I will get that for you. You need to check your business credit reports. Then i can tell you where to move onto once that is done. But you have to know what is reporting in order to move on to your next card. This goes for everyone. If any one has questions feel free to ask either here or PM me. I check this website alot during the day.

Bunton Guy
01-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Well I went on the DNB website to update my info...it coulnt be completed due to incorrect info. It gave me a 1800- # to call in which I did. The guy on the other line said " You got a free duns # which is useless & that you have to get verified # in order to check it online"

So I understand they stretch the truth there to make a few extra sales here and there. Where should I go to get my Duns# official?

2menandamower
01-02-2007, 01:00 PM
I went online to apply for my dunns number and I got a phone call to verify my info and they guy tried to get me to "get verified". I told him I only needed the number to bid on a govt contract and he said I should have the number in 30 days.... If I want it sooner then I have to pay and get varified. I went to Staples and entered my EIN and I got approved for $750.00. Since I don't need any equipment right now I will use my staples card for office supplies etc and get it paid off and get some credit established before I try anymore companys. I am sure that too many inquires on your report will lower your score. Have to wait and see what happens....

willretire@40
01-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Buton you have to make sure all the information that you enter on the eupdate is that exact same as that you enter when you got the number. One thing alot of people mess up is your postion. If you put president on app then you have to do the same on eupdate screen. Try that and let me know.

Duekster
01-02-2007, 05:01 PM
I looked me up and I am in there. Now what, I am not going to pay to see my report.

Gatewayuser
01-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Ok in order who should we contact first.
I did staples but I have to call the #.
Also I saw no place on the form for the dnb #.
How long to wait before I try to get more cards?

Thanks!

willretire@40
01-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Apply for office depot then get those net30 accounts that i talked about earlier. Wait for your reports to start showing Trade lines.

Duekster
01-02-2007, 10:10 PM
I have no idea. I just bought a new truck or two and gave my EIN. Yes I gave a personal signature but signed as the company. It was a little tricky the first time or two for the dealership but they got it.

Gatewayuser
01-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Sweet! I just got approved for a $750 card to Staples and a card to Office Depot too!
Thank you so much! By the way I am Sole P too.

willretire@40
01-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Well those are great when they start reporting to Dnb. They shouldnt report to your personal as long as it is going in company name even with your SSN.

Gatewayuser
01-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Well those are great when they start reporting to Dnb. They shouldnt report to your personal as long as it is going in company name even with your SSN.

Never used my social and even if they did report great because I need more lines of credit in my name. All I have in my name is a Visa card and that was because I was in college. It was so easy too.

willretire@40
01-03-2007, 05:35 PM
I was replying to Deukster

LawnScenes
01-04-2007, 03:54 PM
nevermind...

Bunton Guy
01-28-2007, 09:07 PM
With Ford they want tax records and such to get a truck in the company name. Along with bank account history? Is there a way around

lawnrich
01-29-2007, 05:31 AM
the gov website came back 0 matches but dnb found me with the right address first shot how do i find out my number

lawnrich
01-29-2007, 07:37 PM
bump bump bump

get rich
01-29-2007, 08:35 PM
I also called the 800#, the Rep gave me the song and dance of buying a package for a small fortune....NOT INTERRESTED. I told her i was interrested in bidding gov jobs and would like the number for that reason. She said i could register online and it would take up to thirty business days to get.....or pay 50 dollars for a five day turn around on that number??? I am tight and it's spring spending is still a ways away so i opted for the online 30 day turn around for the number. Is this normal? Just wondering.

Gatewayuser
01-29-2007, 10:17 PM
If you do it on the gov web site it only takes a day to get the #.
Also now so far I have a $750 staples card, $750 Office Depot and a unlimited Kinkos net 30 which was hard to get I had to give 3 months of business bank statements. So far I have given NO ss# and I am sole-p.

milsaps118
01-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Just wondering..you guys who have Staples' accounts which account did you apply for, the "Commercial account" or "Business revolving account?"

milsaps118
01-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Just wondering..you guys who have Staples' accounts which account did you apply for, the "Commercial account" or "Business revolving account?"

Never mind....just applied for a revolving account and got approved.

StBalor
01-31-2007, 12:32 PM
Can anyone explain the differences?

StBalor
01-31-2007, 12:45 PM
Nevermind, figured it out.

Nickcon404
01-31-2007, 03:44 PM
This is by far one of the better threads on this site in a long time!

If you apply for a DUN# at the Gov site you will not have to listen to the sales BS from D&B.

Does the Staples credit app ask for your DUN #? because I did not see it on the App.

Thanks Will for starting this thread. Great reading especially in the NE while waiting for the snow to fall!! :cry:

http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform/displayHomePage.do;jsessionid=A08E4ABBB80018CF6038D05D05F6924A

Gatewayuser
01-31-2007, 04:20 PM
This is by far one of the better threads on this site in a long time!

If you apply for a DUN# at the Gov site you will not have to listen to the sales BS from D&B.

Does the Staples credit app ask for your DUN #? because I did not see it on the App.

Thanks Will for starting this thread. Great reading especially in the NE while waiting for the snow to fall!! :cry:

http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform/displayHomePage.do;jsessionid=A08E4ABBB80018CF6038D05D05F6924A

Yes Staples does ask for a duns but it is hard to find.

get rich
01-31-2007, 04:42 PM
How long did you wait before applying at staple or officemax? Did you register with the ccr site first? Because they say after being issued a duns number you must wait 24 hrs before registering for a new account on the ccr website. I am dying to get rolling with establishing my company a credit line. How long did it take you all?

get rich
02-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Bump.....hello??

Gatewayuser
02-01-2007, 06:45 PM
How long did you wait before applying at staple or officemax? Did you register with the ccr site first? Because they say after being issued a duns number you must wait 24 hrs before registering for a new account on the ccr website. I am dying to get rolling with establishing my company a credit line. How long did it take you all?

I waited until I was approved by ccr then I started to apply.
Just FYI if your a Sole-p its hard to get approved without a personal guarantee. I have only found the 3 that approve sole-p.

cpel2004
02-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that I have been approved for a 1000 dollars Staples credit account. Great thread, I just wanted to say thanks

thelawnboss
02-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Does anyone have any other tips on the FIRST places to go, i got the staples and office depot, how long did you all wait for the other stuff like mastercards, am express, stuff like those? Home Depot told me after i get SOMETHING on my file then they will go ahead and open, but what about the places like DELL, COMP USA, what else have you guys done and what kind of a time line.

Thank You for starting this thread, it is one of the best i have seen on here.

cpel2004
02-03-2007, 12:49 PM
As mentioned earlier I was approved for a Staples net 30 accoount. I was wondering does it really matter on what type of accounts(net 30 or revolving)
I need to request or does it really matter? In addition do I have to make any purchases on the card in order for the account to show up on the credit agencies reporting list? How long does it take for Staples and Office Depot to report your account? Im going to apply for a Office Depot account today, I'll let you guys know if I get approved. Has anyone applied for a Sears Commercial account?

cpel2004
02-03-2007, 12:54 PM
LawnBoss it was mentioned earlier that you should wait three months for applying for a Home Depot Mastercard. You should be able to apply for a Lowes or HD store card as soon as the items start reporting on your credit, I dont know if you need to make a purchase in order for the items to start reporting.

grassmanak
02-04-2007, 11:46 AM
i have been approved for the staples in my area, and have purchased on it. Its been over 30 days so hopefully they have begun to report. Im going to get home depot and office depot now as well.

Gatewayuser
02-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Same here I bought about $120 worth of stuff at staples then paid off the bill as soon as it came. Interest is around 20-24%;)

thelawnboss
02-04-2007, 02:46 PM
I was told by both home depot and staples credit services that they all report every WEEK, nothing like your personal credit. DNB doesnt make it easy to check out your own credit do they? But then again, they are not in the service to HELP us out are they? Thanks for all the help here, i am glad i did not spend the 500 last year when i wanted to.

cpel2004
02-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Lawnboss how long did you take before you applied for your hd card, did you do revolving or net 30?

thelawnboss
02-04-2007, 05:43 PM
I tried to do the revolving...it was the same day that I got my duns #. I just wanted to see what they said. if I had ANYTHING reporting they would have done 1000. it is all very exciting really

Nickcon404
02-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Well, I just submitted my on-line App to Staples. I had to call them to complete the process and she came on the line and said
"Approved for $750.00". :dancing:

No SS# Just EIN. Their system checks DnB automatically without entering your duns#

Again, GREAT THREAD!! Thanks to all!

McKeeLand
02-05-2007, 08:32 PM
i applied for my staple 30 day charge and it processed and then a screen came up and said thank you. No approved, denied or anything. I guess i just have to wait and see it any thing comes in the mail. What happened with you guys?

Rob Spread & Spray
02-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Same thing here.

Nickcon404
02-05-2007, 08:41 PM
i applied for my staple 30 day charge and it processed and then a screen came up and said thank you. No approved, denied or anything. I guess i just have to wait and see it any thing comes in the mail. What happened with you guys?

I had to call Staples credit center to finish my App on the phone and they gave me an answer right away. 800 767-1275 Give it a try and good luck!

Gatewayuser
02-05-2007, 09:04 PM
I didn't do the net 30 I did their credit card.

Nickcon404
02-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Mine was the credit card also.

cpel2004
02-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Ok, I applied for a Office Max credit card and was declined. Based upon the customer service rep, I needed more business trade lines, according to her I had only establised one trade line for D & B of 50 and none for Experian. She informed me that HSBC has diff. underwriting requirements than Citibank. So now you guys know.

thelawnboss
02-06-2007, 11:30 AM
did you try office MAX or office depot, everyone else on here was office depot....through citibank, hope this helps a bit

McKeeLand
02-06-2007, 04:14 PM
i called staples today and they had already approved me and i should receive my card in the mail. Does any one know if the CAT access card reports to duns. i have had one from them with a $3000 limit but don't use it because their rental rates are to high. i may start just to get credit reporting.

McKeeLand
02-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Just called applied to office depot and had to call and verified info, they approved me with $2000 credit line.......sweet!

Tony Clifton
02-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Has anyone used Ford credit yet?

cpel2004
02-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Tony from my understanding your business credit must be well established to get Ford Credit. It was mentioned earlier within this post. I have limited personal credit, what I plan to do is offer a large down payment on a used truck and see if they will give me business credit based upon my down. Probably would payoff loan within a year or two. Hope that will help. Call your local dealer.

StBalor
02-10-2007, 01:59 PM
I tried a little experiment a few days ago. I applied for business credit card at office depot without a duns number. Guess what, they gave me credit with only my EIN number. the amount was only 300.00, but that's more than i spend on office supplies in a month.
This was the only company that did not ask for any personal info other than EIN.
Home depot, lowes & others if you do not have a duns number, ask for personal info. Some you need to be incorporated and have a duns to get credit.

McKeeLand
02-10-2007, 06:55 PM
I just bought my 06 F-250 through the business with ford credit. The beautiful thing is that it is not on my personal credit. I actually got a better finance rate though the business than personal. 1.9%

Tony Clifton
02-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Does anyone know if GMAC will do this?

cpel2004
02-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Mckee, did you you personally gauranted the loan or maybe some of your suppliers that you have used reports to one of the credit agencies. Sweet deal.

McKeeLand
02-11-2007, 06:36 PM
I am not sure. They did check my credit when they did the loan, but i don't know if they did that because i was unsure of what would be the best deal, bus. or personal. The sales agreement is in the bus. name, i just sign as the authorized signer. it definitely doesn't show on my report though.

Duekster
02-11-2007, 06:40 PM
I don't know. When I signed for FOMOCO they wanted

Sig
by
Title

I have not run credit.

I did get at D&B letter saying someone asked for a report.

I suppose I should look and see what is going on.

grassmanak
02-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Here is my update, i have recieved my staples card. Limit of 750.00 about 1 month ago. Today i applied for a home depot card and was approved but only for 250.00. What should i try next. What is involved in becoming an LLC. I feel that i am being dinged because i am a sole prop. What should i apply for next. Staples has reported to by dnb account as well.

grassmanak
02-16-2007, 01:39 PM
okay i looked into the dell business credit, what exactly are the requirments here. They want a personal guarentee for some reason. LLC with 3 years in business wasn't good enough.

Gatewayuser
02-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Here is my update, i have recieved my staples card. Limit of 750.00 about 1 month ago. Today i applied for a home depot card and was approved but only for 250.00. What should i try next. What is involved in becoming an LLC. I feel that i am being dinged because i am a sole prop. What should i apply for next. Staples has reported to by dnb account as well.

Did you apply online if so what was the address?

grassmanak
02-17-2007, 03:26 PM
okay, so i screwed up my original post, i did not get credit to home depot, i got a card to office depot. I am going to try home depot after i have a few more reports. i also applied for sunoco and shell cards. Both gave numbers to call, but care closed on the weekends. Gateway, what do you mean what address do i use???

Gatewayuser
02-17-2007, 04:37 PM
okay, so i screwed up my original post, i did not get credit to home depot, i got a card to office depot. I am going to try home depot after i have a few more reports. i also applied for sunoco and shell cards. Both gave numbers to call, but care closed on the weekends. Gateway, what do you mean what address do i use???

I said if you applied online meaning for the HD card what HD web address did you use. But now I see that it wasn't HD.

grassmanak
02-17-2007, 08:54 PM
oh i see, is their a special website for the HD card i should use, i was going to wait another month or so to try HD or lowes.

cpel2004
02-20-2007, 04:27 PM
For what ever reason Lesco just approved me for a 3000k credit limit. I have been denied credit due to a weak credit file for Sunoco, Office Max, I cant think of the other ones.

grassmanak
02-20-2007, 04:40 PM
but dont you have to put your personal information on the lesco application, like your social security number

Rob Spread & Spray
02-20-2007, 04:48 PM
I got Staples at $1,000. WHats next?

cpel2004
02-20-2007, 05:56 PM
No they give you a option for the personal guarantee. The Pg is not required. From what I've learned a Pg is only optional for any business credit application.

grassmanak
02-20-2007, 06:08 PM
oh really, i might have to try lesco, i was denied from sunoco account, i only have 1 point on my report though

MOOSE
02-20-2007, 07:54 PM
How did u guys go about the Lesco credit. In store app or online. I didnt see anything online.

cpel2004
02-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Its only one option, you have to get an application from your Lesco Store and then they will process it at the store.

cpel2004
02-20-2007, 08:43 PM
How did you find out how many points you have and for what credit file?

cpel2004
02-20-2007, 09:02 PM
For those of you that were approved for a Lowes Commercial Account, did you fill out your application on line or in the store. If you filled it out on line what messages did you recieve and did you have to call a number.

Frontier-Lawn
02-20-2007, 10:30 PM
i have a comercial lease card for up to $100,000 worth of equipment

LushGreenLawn
02-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Does anyone know who has the easiest terms as far as purchasing equipment? I applied for John Deere but have not gotten a response back

lawnman_scott
02-20-2007, 11:38 PM
For those of you that were approved for a Lowes Commercial Account, did you fill out your application on line or in the store. If you filled it out on line what messages did you recieve and did you have to call a number.You have probably been approved and they just need to verify the information.

irishgoldcleanups
02-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Ok guys it has been 1 month since I last posted on the Thread. So in the last 5 weeks I have switched from sole p to LLC and now i have over $15k in business credit with out putting my social # on anything. Now i have had a couple people PM me on this subject but even they never got back with me on it. So i am just telling you that it is easy. Dont sleep on this. I have gas cards, office store cards, Dell, Hardware store and even a MC.

what is llc and how does it work?

cpel2004
02-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Do a google search for more info. on LLC's

Tony Clifton
02-24-2007, 10:23 AM
1k Lowe's, 2k Staples, Dell shot me down, and Home Depot said to call.
Anyone know a good source for an equipment line of credit.
I had an offer of 125k but do not know the terms.

GreenN'Clean
02-24-2007, 12:14 PM
I tried for Business American Express and was turned down

grassmanak
02-27-2007, 02:59 PM
i was approoved from lesco for 1000.00 and i got my card in the mail today so i now have

lesco-1000
office depot-250
staples-750

Garden Gate
02-28-2007, 09:27 AM
hey this is one awesome thread...........alot of knowledge.....
since dec 06 STAPLES....2K......., VALERO......800, OFFICE DEPOT......250.....
THIS IS GREAT......KEEP IT COMING WILLRETIRE@40
GARDEN GATE LANDSCAPING AND IRRIGATION

JACK...

cpel2004
02-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Garden Gate, did you have to put in your Soc Sec, and dob for the Valero Commercial credit card, if so thats considered a PG.

willretire@40
02-28-2007, 02:31 PM
yes you do have to put your SSN on valero. Valero is a net 30 account just to let everyone know that.

Garden Gate
02-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Garden Gate, did you have to put in your Soc Sec, and dob for the Valero Commercial credit card, if so thats considered a PG.

please explain ...net 30 and PG.....thanks for the help again

Gatewayuser
02-28-2007, 03:59 PM
please explain ...net 30 and PG.....thanks for the help again

Net 30 means that you have to pay the full amount back within 30 days. PG means personal guarantee which means you will be held personally liable.

Garden Gate
02-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Net 30 means that you have to pay the full amount back within 30 days. PG means personal guarantee which means you will be held personally liable.

thanks gateway........i knew that ..am on weekly eft....where they take what i used ....bi weekly.........works for me ........

get rich
03-01-2007, 09:50 AM
I also have been trying to establish credit for my business. My personal credit is horrible and in the process of being paid off. But that has made it more than difficult to do anything business wise. So i started this d&b thing about 6 or 8 weeks ago. I have been excepted at staples for 2k....office depot for 1k....and shell gas stations for 1k. I have tried lowes and home depot, but i have not been in business for three or more years. This is my third. So i will establish myself good with the others, then next spring those two ought to be easy to aquire. Anyone know of any others? I am a sole p but i think maybe later this season or at the end of the year i'll change to LLC. Thank you willretire@40 for the very helpful info.

Garden Gate
03-01-2007, 10:16 AM
hey guys i've been sole p for one year now........thinking about going llc or inc.......please advice.....what should i consider ..what am i looking for..........i appreciate your help

Garden Gate
03-03-2007, 12:17 PM
I just bought my 06 F-250 through the business with ford credit. The beautiful thing is that it is not on my personal credit. I actually got a better finance rate though the business than personal. 1.9%

hey newbie here...........if you dont mind my asking....what was your dnb rating to get 1.9 with ford......thanks again

Mow It All llc
03-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Hey Will can you do me a favor and email me or call me.....im willing to pay for some help here.....My contact infor is on my website. Thanks man...

Proscapez LLC
03-04-2007, 04:55 PM
i have a comercial lease card for up to $100,000 worth of equipment

I got one of those cards in the mail also $100,000.00 from five point capital.
Has anyone tried Activate it?
It says in the fine print. there not a bank, there a leasing company.
and this isnt a credit card but a membership card.

McKeeLand
03-04-2007, 07:52 PM
I got one of those cards in the mail also $100,000.00 from five point capital.
Has anyone tried Activate it?
It says in the fine print. there not a bank, there a leasing company.
and this isnt a credit card but a membership card.

do a google search on five point and you will find more info on them. i got that same offer a while back. didn't end up not using them. they are more of a leasing broker than a leasing company. when they send you that pre approval it means nothing until they match you up with some one willing to lend to you.

Gatewayuser
03-05-2007, 12:50 PM
I got a $1,200 Lesco credit card today without PG.
So now I have:
1,200 lesco
750 staples
250 office depot
Unlimited net 30 Kinkos/FedEx

Frontier-Lawn
03-05-2007, 05:12 PM
On the note of 5 Point Capital, no one here use them they are lieng sacks of crap! they told me i had $100,000 and today i get a letter of denial? i call them and since my personal credit report had a Ch7 on it from 1995 well over the legal 10 max years a creditor can hold it over your head.

Frontier-Lawn
03-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Double Post

cpel2004
03-06-2007, 01:17 AM
Frontier if you do some research, Im sure you can get the Ch 7 completely off your file. bk I think last 10 years max however if you dont make a stink about they will leave on your report. It may take you some time to get caught up on the riles of the fair credit reporting act, but Im all most sure you can get that deleted from your file. Google it.

willretire@40
03-06-2007, 08:42 AM
dispute the bk7 on all your credit reports. Should come off with no problem.

mac28
03-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Is there any business gas credit cards out there that you do not have to PG

thanks

ccash
03-06-2007, 02:32 PM
i have not found one of those yet

willretire@40
03-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Yes Shell, Sunoco, Conco/76. They are the only ones that are not net30 accounts.

PbInvestor
03-06-2007, 06:22 PM
So far for me:

Staples $750
Office Depot..$250

B&D Lawn Care
03-08-2007, 01:41 AM
So I need my DUNS # and my ein to apply for stuff right? EIN being the number that my local business admin. appoints me or from the CCR web site?

JBendever
03-09-2007, 10:18 AM
E.I.N. = [url]L.L.C. = Limited Liability Company means if you get sued they cant take any of your personal property.

According to my attorney, this is not true. Your perosnal possessions are at risk unless you have a Corporation of some sort formed. LLCs only protect partners from each other's negligence. If you are a sole prop operating under an LLC with no partners, you are still just as exposed.

Again, I am not a lawyer........just telling you what my lawyer told me.

lawnman_scott
03-09-2007, 10:25 AM
According to my attorney, this is not true. Your perosnal possessions are at risk unless you have a Corporation of some sort formed. LLCs only protect partners from each other's negligence. If you are a sole prop operating under an LLC with no partners, you are still just as exposed.

Again, I am not a lawyer........just telling you what my lawyer told me.im not a lawyer either, but LIMITED liability sounds like there would still be liability, hence limited.

Frontier-Lawn
03-09-2007, 10:30 AM
im not a lawyer either, but LIMITED liability sounds like there would still be liability, hence limited.

yes the bizz is liable for stuff not the personal assets

JBendever
03-09-2007, 12:50 PM
yes the bizz is liable for stuff not the personal assets

He explained to me that it limits your liability from other's mistakes......not from your own. That is where the limited comes in......I dunno. I am not trying to argue......just making sure we all do more than enough to cover ourselves.......people are VERY "sue happy" these days.

B&D Lawn Care
03-10-2007, 02:18 AM
I just tried to apply w/ staples and it gave me this....

Thank You!
b and d lawn care
REFERENCE #:031007Y001001
REPORT CODE #:25

We are unable to process your application with the information provided. Please call the Staples Business Credit Card – with Revolving Terms New Accounts Processing Center at 1-800-767-1275 with the reference number and report code above to complete your application.

So what now? Just call 'em I guess.
I notice I did not have to input my DUNS #, just a taxpayer id #.

willretire@40
03-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Just call in.

milsaps118
03-10-2007, 08:55 AM
I just tried to apply w/ staples and it gave me this....

Thank You!
b and d lawn care
REFERENCE #:031007Y001001
REPORT CODE #:25

We are unable to process your application with the information provided. Please call the Staples Business Credit Card – with Revolving Terms New Accounts Processing Center at 1-800-767-1275 with the reference number and report code above to complete your application.

So what now? Just call 'em I guess.
I notice I did not have to input my DUNS #, just a taxpayer id #.

Just call in you are more than likely approved, they just want to varify your info. I got the same reponse from them and called and they approved me for $1K.

ccash
03-10-2007, 09:29 AM
yeah same here for me, I now have: staples 750, office depot 250

YARDS ETC.
03-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the info! How and who do I get a dunns number from? Plus how do I apply for an ein #?

ccash
03-10-2007, 09:52 AM
govt@dnb.com.

ccash
03-10-2007, 09:53 AM
call the irs for the ein

Frontier-Lawn
03-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Heres The Link for the E.I.N # https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/sa_vign/newFormSS4.do

YARDS ETC.
03-10-2007, 04:16 PM
HEY I GOT YOUR MESSAGE/LINKS. Thanks for your help.

B&D Lawn Care
03-10-2007, 04:40 PM
And just like that...

Office Depot 250.00

THanks guuuuyyyyyys!!!!

ccash
03-10-2007, 05:18 PM
i am glad to have stumbled onto this thread.

willretire@40
03-10-2007, 05:23 PM
It only gets better guys. PM me to get further. but only after you have done everything in this thread.

WestMich
03-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Got My EIN, got a Staples, (didn't ask the amount), got the office depot for 250.00, (they said as soon as I buy something and pay it off they will increase. Got my Duns # quick and easy just like Will Retire said earlier. (Called and got it on the spot). Thanks Will for the advise. Looking for the next step.

grassmanak
03-10-2007, 07:41 PM
i have a lesco, office depot and a staples, i have used all 3 but have only gotten the chance to pay the staples one so far. i was denied for sunoco and shell

willretire@40
03-10-2007, 10:51 PM
You have to have to have to check your biz credit reports. Without knowing what is on them you are going to get no where. So everyone get the staples and office depot and wait for it to update on your reports.Biz Credit reports update every sunday morning. Dnb 9 am est and Experian 10am est.

If you dont know your scores then dont pm me. Take it step by step and in 6 months you can have major credit.

Proscapez LLC
03-11-2007, 11:27 AM
You have to have to have to check your biz credit reports. Without knowing what is on them you are going to get no where. So everyone get the staples and office depot and wait for it to update on your reports.Biz Credit reports update every sunday morning. Dnb 9 am est and Experian 10am est.

If you dont know your scores then dont pm me. Take it step by step and in 6 months you can have major credit.

I have a staples, nebs, T-mobile phones, just got shell.
I have looked at SAMS CLUB and American express but they require P.G.

One problem I have is, I have spent alot of time on D&B website without luck.
how do I look at my credit report, without paying?

Thanks Scott

willretire@40
03-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Bottom left side on the dnb home page you will see a like that says update profile. Click that and after you log in chose view credit file. Click on yellow screen and scroll down. You should also be able to get sunoco now if you got shell.

Sams you have to go into the store and apply but do not put ssn on app anywhere. and dont fill out the pg section. The requirements that they have are not true.

mac28
03-11-2007, 08:10 PM
just wanted to say thanks to will for such a great thread. so whats next i just got my staples card last week and office depot . i need this because my personal is real bad from my divorce. so any help would be great

B&D Lawn Care
03-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Got my Staples this am for 750

grassmanak
03-13-2007, 04:20 PM
i got a call today from DNB she said weve noticed some activity on your report yada yada yada, i said i applied for a couple cards using my TIN. She said oh thats where it came from then. Then she said she i need to activate my account for 300 bucks. I said let me talk to my wife and call me tomorrow. What should i tell her, i said i only got the number for government contracts.

lawnman_scott
03-13-2007, 09:05 PM
i got a call today from DNB she said weve noticed some activity on your report yada yada yada, i said i applied for a couple cards using my TIN. She said oh thats where it came from then. Then she said she i need to activate my account for 300 bucks. I said let me talk to my wife and call me tomorrow. What should i tell her, i said i only got the number for government contracts.As far as I can tell what they will do is contact businesses you have credit with (mower shop, ect...) and will then report it on your file. But If you follow the advise of willretireat40 and do it how he says, you can get the same thing for free.

willretire@40
03-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Dont answer the phone when DNB calls they are the DEVIL.

WestMich
03-14-2007, 09:50 AM
When I got my Dun's number, the girl told me to wait 24 to 48 hours to activate it. I went to the DnB website and "updated my profile". Is that activating it? I tried the CCR site but didn't see how to activate it here.
Thanks

willretire@40
03-14-2007, 03:52 PM
she may have meant that it takes that long for it to be activated.

get rich
03-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Like i had said a few pages back, i too have be approved for : Shell-900.00
Staples=2000.00 Office depot=1000.00
I was planning on waiting til next spring on home depot and lowes, i have only been in business for two years....this being my third season. And thats fine by mw to spend this year establishing myself with what i have. But i am still looking for some sort of business credit card like citibank or american express with just my dunns number, or without a personal gaurentor? Once again thatnks for your help on this thread.

grassmanak
03-16-2007, 05:32 PM
i dont understand how you guys are getting the shell cards. Get rich are you an LLC or just a sole prop? how much income?

Proscapez LLC
03-16-2007, 07:10 PM
i dont understand how you guys are getting the shell cards. Get rich are you an LLC or just a sole prop? how much income?

The shell card was easy I did the app online and it gave me a reference number and told me to call, I forgot to call for about a week when i did call they told me I had been approved several days before and the cards came within a couple days.
I'm LLC!

I did find out you need 5 companys reporting, before they'll give you a paydex score. after that it should be easy street, for larger loans.

cpel2004
03-16-2007, 11:24 PM
Grassmanak, I was turned down for Shell and Sunuco they want a PG, so I will hold off. I'm curioes as far as how many lines of credit and how long has these accounts been open to qualify for a Shell or a Sunoco gas card? Hell I asked Lesco to raise my limit to 4k and they did, but I cant get a gas card. lol

willretire@40
03-17-2007, 06:46 AM
You have to have atleast 2 reporting on dnb but you should wait until you have a paydex b.c alot of times shell and sunoco will only give you $750 each and then you have to wait until you make 6 payments before they will give you an increase. Also another gas card that you can get is conoco/route 66/76. It is one card but can be used at all those gas stations. They are the same as sunoco and shell backed by citi. And all three have the same requirements.

I guess i need to go and apply for lesco.

Tony Clifton
03-17-2007, 09:03 AM
What is considered a good paydex score? Lets say comparable to a 750 credit rating?
I still cant figure out how to check mine, but I have received offers from equipment lenders saying that I am preapproved for x amount because I have a paydex score of x which is excellent.

willretire@40
03-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Paydex is going to be 80 all the time as long as you make your payments on time. In business credit you cant be a day late for most lenders.

get rich
03-17-2007, 03:12 PM
I am a sole not LLC. I would assume that because i've used my office depot card a few times(but haven't received a bill yet) d-n-b gave me a score just for using them. I now have a phillips66/conoco and shell for fuel cards and a couple office supply cards. But the sole and not LLC i am limits me somewhat. Lowes and home depot want a personal guarantee, But sometimes it does pay to find the 800 number and call the customer service number and deal with a live person. These companies want our business and sometime will look past somethings to approve you. But you should try getting plenty of good action on your report first....good luck to all.

mac28
03-17-2007, 11:08 PM
well i got my office depot and staples cards... so whats next ? would like any ideas

Rob Spread & Spray
03-19-2007, 09:15 PM
ANyone get anything from Five Point Capital in the mail? They sent me what looks like a form letter based on my D&B number. They also included a debit card type thing. No details on finance numbers!!!

Frontier-Lawn
03-19-2007, 09:55 PM
ANyone get anything from Five Point Capital in the mail? They sent me what looks like a form letter based on my D&B number. They also included a debit card type thing. No details on finance numbers!!!

BURN IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

StBalor
03-20-2007, 01:35 AM
When you guys registered with ccr, did you have to enter alot of info.
Such as:
General info?
corporate info?
goods and services?
Financial?
Points of contact?
irs consent?

Tony Clifton
03-20-2007, 07:03 PM
BURN IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have experience with this company?

Frontier-Lawn
03-20-2007, 07:19 PM
read previous posts before asking questions.

Tony Clifton
03-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Wow, sorry i did not memorize the 25 page thread.

Tony Clifton
03-20-2007, 08:38 PM
read previous posts before asking questions.

Wow, sorry i did not memorize the 25 page thread.

*trucewhiteflag*

MOOSE
03-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Well Guys, The good Lord was looking over me. I applied to Officemax and turned down. I applied to Staples and told me online no way buddy. I applied to Shell for gas card and said no way!

Well today I got the mail and in there is a Staples card with $1000 limit and 2 Shell cards.

I will get a couple things I need on Staples and use Shell card when I dont have much cashflow in April and payoff when I get bills.