PDA

View Full Version : Funny Story..for me at least

WJW Lawn
09-12-2006, 06:39 PM
A lady calls me today...all stressed out because her lawn guy hasn't returned, and his phone is disconnected. I go over to give her a quote...which is higher than her old guy. She tells me..."well the other guy charged me $25" I was so tempted to say...WELL MAYBE THATS WHY HIS PHONE IS DISCONNECTED!! lol But I bit my tongue, and said...well..I provide a good reliable service and Im always reachable. It may not be funny to you, but it was soooooooo hard NOT to say that. I got the job by the way. I guess sometimes people have to learn their lessons with lowballers...GREAT PRICE...BIG HEADACHE when they go in the poor house.

SamTheLawnMan
09-12-2006, 06:54 PM
AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!! I'll drink to that!!!:drinkup:

Picky1
09-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Hopefully the guy didn't change his number so that your new customer wouldn't call him any more.:laugh:

WJW Lawn
09-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Hopefully the guy didn't change his number so that your new customer wouldn't call him any more.:laugh:

HAHAHA Guess I'll find out!! I can usually sniff a PITA out a mile away, and Ive only been doing this a couple years. SNIFFER DONT FAIL ME NOW!

DBL
09-12-2006, 09:13 PM
yeah you can usually tell when they start with the "well the last guy..." but dont back down