PDA

View Full Version : Need quick advice for 2006 Chevy 2500 purchase

Howie's Lawn Care
09-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Hey guys,
I have enough to pay my mower off, but am waiting for the sixth month mark so I can get a certain credit rating. I talk to my loan officer, and he said I could get a truck in the low 20Ks. I told him I was looking at 2003 and 2004s. I went to a local chevy dealer to look at a 2000 Ford F-250 Diesel and it was high mileage so I looked at a 2006 Chevy 2500 4WD Work Truck.

2006 SILVERADO 2500HD 4WD REG W/T
VICTORY RED
REAR AXLE - 4.10 RATIO
GVW RATING - 9,200LBS
LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL
CRUISE CONTROL
VORTEC 6000 V8
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
SNOW PLOW PREP PACKAGE
HD TRAILERING EQUIPMENT
A/C, TILT WHEEL

The retail is $27,680 and the trade offered on my ranger is $7500.00. I owe $5041.00. The net equity is $2429.00. The dealer minused the trade in of $7500 from the $27000. Then he figured sales tax on 20K and added it to the 27K. He came up with $29187. Then he subtracted the $2429.00 equity and $4,000 rebate making the total $22,758.85.

What do you guys think should be paid total after tax and is this a good deal. Thanks for any opinions on the truck and price. I'm going back tomorrow to test drive it. I just drove it around the parking lot today since he had it out for me to look at.

-Nick Howard

Raven386
09-12-2006, 11:11 PM
i got the exact same truck for the exact same price. i think mine was 22,800. i love it. it has yet to be underpowered, im getting about 12-13 mpg / 10-12 w/ trailer. the only problem i have had is with an aftermarket radio, you loose all your chimes in the truck unless you spend $150 for some adapter. other than that. truck has run absolutley perfect! good luck w/ your new purchase!

Howie's Lawn Care
09-12-2006, 11:19 PM
i got the exact same truck for the exact same price. i think mine was 22,800. i love it. it has yet to be underpowered, im getting about 12-13 mpg / 10-12 w/ trailer. the only problem i have had is with an aftermarket radio, you loose all your chimes in the truck unless you spend $150 for some adapter. other than that. truck has run absolutley perfect! good luck w/ your new purchase!
Thanks for the input. Was that after the $4000.00 rebate?

Rons Rightway Lawncare
09-12-2006, 11:28 PM
I have had the big trucks and small trucks and in between trucks.... I ALMOST bought a Isuzu with a Chevy V-8 in it with the landscaper bed - Still want one, but didn't and still don't want a 400-500$ a month payment -

So I bought a new 2005 Chevy last summer with the rebates they were offering. Bought a regular cab 1500 work truck, but had the dealer find one with Automatic, 4.8 liter V-8 engine, Cruise control, A/C, and a cloth seat. Had them throw in having the windows tinted, a rubber bet mat - bedliners let your stuff slide around the rubber mat everything stays put - mudflaps, and a reciever hitch with wiring for my trailer..... All for a grand total out the door of 16,600$ I put nothing down and got a good interest rate and my payment is only 316$ per month for 60 months. It gets 20+ MPG without trailer and over 13 with trailer.

I have had it a little over a year and checked the odometer today and it has over 17 thousand miles on it, only had to do oil changes so far.

It pulls my trailer with absolutely no problem, and I don't even have the trailers brakes hooked up. Trailer weights a little over 5000 pounds loaded and I have added to the trailer and back of the truck another 1500-2000 pounds when I do fertilizer treatments.

I won't ever buy another big pickup truck, it is a waste of money. I will probably buy one of those Isuzus though!

Raven386
09-12-2006, 11:35 PM
yea... that was the out the door price. i didnt have the same incentives as you but it came out being the same price. if you have a tax id number or any info from the state for your business. you qualify for the GM Commercial Upfit or Gm Business Choice. i forget now what its called (check the chevy website ) .tool boxes etc... try working that into your deal theyre cheap and really good quality tool boxes. i got a tool box and bed liner out of my dealer and even if they dont give them too you, just ask about it, its worth it imo. i think it wouldve only cost $100 for the tool box. and its a very nice one, not cheaply made, has a sliding shelf. its a single lid. very nice all around.

J&R Landscaping
09-13-2006, 10:06 AM
I have test driven a few of the 2500hds and they seem to hold a plow very very well. The 6.0 has good power as well. I also like the interior seats on the work truck package better then the bench seat that ford offers.

RedWingsDet
09-14-2006, 10:31 AM
i miss my chevy. i would buy it. when ever i decide to get another truck im getting a chevy. i had one, put 40k miles on it in 8 months, sold it and bought a ford. i like my ford but i like my chevy more. good luck in your purchase

RockSet N' Grade
09-14-2006, 10:47 AM
Howie any time you buy from a dealer you get bent over for thousands. If you need it NOW, then that's the easiest way.
Another option is to sell your truck to the private sector and get more than trade in value. Along with doing that, go to your bank and get a loan for the full amount of the truck and go to the dealer and pay them the bucks.
With that little process you will end up....rough guess.....$4-5 grand ahead of the game.
Just a thought.....

Tony Clifton
09-14-2006, 08:50 PM
That price seems really high to me. I think youd should be able to get one in the low 20-22k range.

rutwad
09-15-2006, 02:22 AM
That price seems really high to me.

I second that!

K&L Landscaping
09-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Price seems OK to me. It would be nice if you could afford to step up to the Duramax with the Allison transmission. I bought one at the end of June and I can honestly say it is the absolute best truck I have ever owned. I don't even drive the P.O.S. Ford F-250 anymore unless I plan on doing some work that is abusive to the truck. I was going to park it at the end of the drive with lemons pasted all over it and literature explaining ALL of my problems with it and the a**holes at Ford but my wife wouldn't let me.

Scag48
09-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Our truck prices are higher out west than they are back east, but I could get that rig for $20K out here.

hosejockey2002
09-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Our truck prices are higher out west than they are back east, but I could get that rig for $20K out here.

I got the same truck (but 2WD version) a year ago for about $20K, and I did pretty well. A 4WD was around $2K more. I considered the Duramax, but because of differences in incentives the Dmax was nearly $10,000 more.:eek: The 6.0 has more than enough power for what I do, and with diesel forty cents a gallon more expensive, the payback period for fuel cost has to be around a million miles. Unless a guy needs to tow 10K or more every day, the 6.0 is hard to beat for low initial cost and good power.