PDA

View Full Version : whats the word around here about Husquvarna ZTR's?

Rons Rightway Lawncare
09-13-2006, 12:24 AM
The dealer up the street sells them - and Scag and Great dane - and he has a very low hour, around 5 total, demo I can buy at a good price. It is the large frame with 30 HP Kohler and the new Tunnel Force deck. I demoed it and liked it except for a few things, mainly blowout on the front of the deck, but I understand there is a new baffle to go in there to stop the blowout?

I currently have a Scag and it has been a good mower but not really any better than the Toro or Bobcats I used to run.

Any feedback would be helpful.

ThirdDay
09-13-2006, 07:17 AM
The Husky is a very good mower but I hate the new Tunnel Ram deck. It does not cut as well as their older decks.

Stay away from Great Dane! That company is a mess!

Rons Rightway Lawncare
09-13-2006, 08:10 AM
I was asking because on the other lawncare forum, it seems Huskys are talked about as the worse mowers you could buy... Wondering if that is just uneducated talk, or first hand experience with these mowers.

J&R Landscaping
09-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Many guys on here have said that the tunnel ram decks are a mess. Husqvarna and Kee's mowers are always priced cheaper and there is definitly a reason for it. The vibe I have gotten from one of my dealers who sells all husqvarna hand helds, push mowers and snow throwers. He does not stock the husqvarna riding mowers (commercial or homeowner) nor does he stock any commercial walk behind mowers. He said they are built with craftsman quality and he was never impressed with them. He sells scag for his commercial customers.

Envy Lawn Service
09-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Do a search with my user name and the keyword Husqvarna....

That's all you'll need to do.
Their corporate headquarters is right down there where you are.
But that doesn't matter.

After some personal experience, I have found out that they are "THE" worst outfit trying to service this industry. They want our money and that's it... they are done with us.

Yazoo/Kees and Husqvarna are one in the same now from the top down.
Avoid both at all costs.

That unit they have for sale is very likey one they were forced to take back after someone bought it and used it a day or two. Buyer beware.

Patronize a MFG that makes decent units and stands behind their product.

Willofalltrades
09-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Brian sounds like hes got his stuff together as a huski dealer.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
09-13-2006, 11:14 AM
The mower I demoed had a baffle installed on it, it was almost like a mulch kit, but was open at the discharge end. It looked like it totally defeated the tunnel part of the deck. The Husky rep told my dealer to remove that baffle before he gave me the mower to try out as he said it cuts way better without it.... So it got yanked out. The mower cut really good in my opinion without it, but had WAY WAY WAY too much blowout on the front to be acceptable to me.

Will the containment kit stop this blow out and still allow use of the decks tunnel?

Does the containment kits baffles seem fragile or easily bent? I wish I could say I only cut football fields, but I don't and sometimes my mowers get banged around real hard hitting stuff in yards like stumps, baseballs, curbs etc...

My gripes with the demo unit were

1. the blowout from the deck

2. the engine bogged down going up hills with blades on, By bogged down I mean really bogged down!

3. Reverse speed was way too slow. At points during the day, it was almost as if there was no reverse at all.

4. Used to controls - key, throttle, PTO button - being on top of fuel tank and not sure I like it down on the front between my legs.

5. Control arms too close to me even with seat slid all the way back. The arms are bent towards the operator and would be roomier if not bent at all...

Otherwise I liked the way it cut, it was smooth with little vibration, and I liked the blade height adjustment with the hand and foot lever.

I am not sure if I will get a husky or not, price will play a big factor and the dealer hasn't gotten the price yet from the sales rep.

Willofalltrades
09-13-2006, 11:34 AM
I don't know about that machine then if you are not completely satisfied. Its an investment, make it a good one. I say look for one of the major 3 ( scag, exmark, hustler)

ucfbrian
09-13-2006, 11:58 AM
The confinement kit will take care of most of the blowout and it still lets the tunnelram deck work. It attaches to the bottom lip on the front of the deck, under the blades. It bolts on but it can be welded. Kinda encloses the tunnel part of the deck with a bottom. The control arms can be adjusted up and down and also forward. Also, make sure the control arms are bolted on the outside not the inside on the bottom. They also have a kit for taller operators available.

BMFD92
09-13-2006, 12:48 PM
I have the 61 one inch with the 27 hp kohler and I think it is a great mower. Mine has a great cut and it is great in reverse. Maybe the hydros need to be adjusted. I also have a 48" husqvarna hydro w/b with the float deck and it also is a great mower.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
09-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Update.....

My dealer - who has said he is not really fond of the huskys to begin with - finally got a price on the demo unit. The unit is not really his at all, it belongs to the Husky Rep, but the Rep wanted me to try it and buy it if I liked it. Anyway the price on it is 7499$

This was bascially a new machine, it maybe got used once to cut a small area for demo purposes and I used it one day to cut 19 lawns.

So while talking to my dealer today about the price he tells me he would sell me the husky for that price, but as a alternative he would sell me a new Scag Wildcat for the same price. I think I may go that route....

My current mower is basically a Wildcat, before they made a Wildcat. It is a Tiger Cub with a 23 horse Kawasaki and a 61 inch advantage deck. It has been a good mower with only belts, rear tires, a few deck idler pulleys, a belt tension spring being problems that needed fixing. The mower has 1300+ hours on it and I like it alot.

It has a vibration when the blades are on that can be slight or harsh depending on the mowers mood... Scag and I have done everything to make the vibration go away with not much luck. That is my only negative feeling about another Scag. I demoed a new Turf Tiger and is had almost as much vibration when the blades were on as my tiger cub did with over 1000 hours.

My dealer says I got the first year of Scag offering the 61 inch deck on the little Tiger Cub. He thinks they may have had bugs with it and that they got the bugs worked out with the new Wildcats... We will see.

It's still raining here so I might ride around and look at mowers this afternoon

BMFD92
09-13-2006, 03:48 PM
23hp doesnt seem alot for a 61 inch deck

Envy Lawn Service
09-13-2006, 08:10 PM
OK... let me make several clarifications for you Ron.

I might be totally mistaken, but I believe Brian is talking about a different kit for the Tunnel Ram than you and I have seen... or atleast his description sounds different.

Your description sounds like what I have seen.
It's a black JUU shaped baffle that makes the tunnel just a clog trap.
(I might have a picture)

What Brian is describing sounds more like a lip.

As far as the Scag, there are always growing pains when offering a new model such as your 23/61". The 2006 Wildcat version has a bit better tire package, plus a 25-30 hp engine and the new Velocity Plus deck.

I'm thinking you might be experiencing 'deck hop' on your current tiger cub.
There is a lot more metal in this new deck as it is larger physically, and as you can see... it is a lot longer front-to-back as well... which will help keep the nose of it planted instead of hopping.

http://www.scag.com/images/VDeck_underside580.jpg

Envy Lawn Service
09-13-2006, 08:19 PM
ucfbrian,

I'd really like to have a mature informative conversation with you since you are a dealer and I can already tell I'll be able to since you didn't come straight in this thread and jump on me personally.

Mainly I want to try to find out 'what' the difference is between here and where you are a dealer in florida... or if there has been some MAJOR change in recent times that accounts for what you say.

I would like to hope they have made some major internal changes about how things are ran and in their commitment to the dealers and customers.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
09-13-2006, 08:26 PM
23hp doesnt seem alot for a 61 inch deck

I don't agree. the 23 Kawasaki does bog in tall grass, but it does the job just fine. My First big mower was a 60 inch Encore hydro walkbehind with velkie and a Briggs vanguard 18 hp and it had power to spare... the next two big mowers were Bobcat ZTR's with 20 horsepower Kohlers and they did okay.

I think they are overratiing these engines to help upsell these mowers. That 30 horsepower on the husky I demoed bogged down just as bad or worse than the kawasaki 23 on my scag.

Of course the new Wildcat I think I am going to go ahead and get has a 27 horse Kohler, so I should be in better shape in the race for the most powerful mower in the world!!! :clapping:

Rons Rightway Lawncare
09-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Envy, what do you mean by deck hop?

The Scag was smooth when I started using it 3 years ago, and at some point around 400-500 hours it just dawned on me one day that Dam.... this thing is bothering the hell out of me with the vibrations!

The dealer first replaced all the idler pulleys as some of them were clearly shot and making noise. That didn't help much.

Then they took off the belt system I had - just one long belt to drive all three spindles and to and from the pto clutch - to a two belt system they thought would smooth it out. Scag paid for it and it didn't help one bit.

Then the distributor and I decided to try another dealer to see if they could get better results. They said my belt pulleys were out of alignment, so they realigned and that helped.... not one bit!

I then tried buying new bolts that hold the blades on because I checked and the old ones were slightly, VERY slightly, out of round. That didn't help.

Tried new blades, and carefully balanced blades I sharpened, still no luck...

Distributor then sprung for three new spindles. Still no luck.

And here we are today, still vibrates. It is not real bad and at times it is not that noticeable, other times it is enough to drive me nuts. I watched the belts last week when it was vibrating more than usual and the belts were really moving all over, and that is my guess to where the vibration is coming from.

most people wouldn't even care, and it isn't that bad, it just drives me nuts because I want a SMOOTH mower to sit on for my 5-6 hours a day I put on the hobbs meter.

Envy Lawn Service
09-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Envy, what do you mean by deck hop?

The Scag was smooth when I started using it 3 years ago, and at some point around 400-500 hours it just dawned on me one day that Dam.... this thing is bothering the hell out of me with the vibrations!

The dealer first replaced all the idler pulleys as some of them were clearly shot and making noise. That didn't help much.

Then they took off the belt system I had - just one long belt to drive all three spindles and to and from the pto clutch - to a two belt system they thought would smooth it out. Scag paid for it and it didn't help one bit.

Then the distributor and I decided to try another dealer to see if they could get better results. They said my belt pulleys were out of alignment, so they realigned and that helped.... not one bit!

I then tried buying new bolts that hold the blades on because I checked and the old ones were slightly, VERY slightly, out of round. That didn't help.

Tried new blades, and carefully balanced blades I sharpened, still no luck...

Distributor then sprung for three new spindles. Still no luck.

And here we are today, still vibrates. It is not real bad and at times it is not that noticeable, other times it is enough to drive me nuts. I watched the belts last week when it was vibrating more than usual and the belts were really moving all over, and that is my guess to where the vibration is coming from.

most people wouldn't even care, and it isn't that bad, it just drives me nuts because I want a SMOOTH mower to sit on for my 5-6 hours a day I put on the hobbs meter.

Deck hop is the physical hopping of the deck itself... usually as a result of the belt "strumming" you describe... (strumming as in sorta like a guitar string). It's magnified by unequal tension on all 4 deck chains also.

The belts themselves doing the strumming can be a heck of a vibration and noise. The deck hop can sometimes be very minimal and impossible to see while on the mower.

If you are EXTREMELY CAREFUL, you can sit on the mower with the park break on and the deck engaged... and have someone CARFULLY apply foot pressure to the top of the deck in various places to see if you notice a change in the feel or sound.

Sounds like your belts and tensioners might be tired...
But sometimes that's not it either...

Rons Rightway Lawncare
09-13-2006, 09:19 PM
That kind of makes sence.... I could try this tomorrow for grins and giggles. What is the fix if that is what it is?

Envy Lawn Service
09-13-2006, 09:51 PM
That kind of makes sence.... I could try this tomorrow for grins and giggles. What is the fix if that is what it is?

Well, it sounds like you have already been through most of the typical things to do... trial by elimination...

These are the items still left...

Deck hop if present

1) Eliminate belt strumming if possible (below)

2) Check current deck rake setting and then try various new settings

3) Add heavy steel flatbar weight to deck hop point (usually the nose)

Belt Strumming

1) Very closely inspect PTO clutch, pulley, shaft and fastener/s (could be a wobble)

2) New belt tensioners, or tensioner springs... whichever Scag uses

3) New belts... OEM and aftermarket if those don't help

ucfbrian
09-14-2006, 08:07 AM
ucfbrian,

I'd really like to have a mature informative conversation with you since you are a dealer and I can already tell I'll be able to since you didn't come straight in this thread and jump on me personally.

Mainly I want to try to find out 'what' the difference is between here and where you are a dealer in florida... or if there has been some MAJOR change in recent times that accounts for what you say.

I would like to hope they have made some major internal changes about how things are ran and in their commitment to the dealers and customers.

Hi,
I would have no problem at all talking to you about it. Email me direct at brian@cnjequipment.com Talk to you soon.
Brian

ucfbrian
09-14-2006, 08:25 AM
I don't agree. the 23 Kawasaki does bog in tall grass, but it does the job just fine. My First big mower was a 60 inch Encore hydro walkbehind with velkie and a Briggs vanguard 18 hp and it had power to spare... the next two big mowers were Bobcat ZTR's with 20 horsepower Kohlers and they did okay.

I think they are overratiing these engines to help upsell these mowers. That 30 horsepower on the husky I demoed bogged down just as bad or worse than the kawasaki 23 on my scag.

Of course the new Wildcat I think I am going to go ahead and get has a 27 horse Kohler, so I should be in better shape in the race for the most powerful mower in the world!!! :clapping:

You are right on about the engines, the Kawasaki's even for not having as high of a horsepower rating do do just as good of a job as other brands(Kohler & B&S) with higher horsepower ratings. The way that Kawasaki designed their engines they make more torque for there size than a Kohler does. The 25hp Kawasaki has about 5ft/lbs more torque than the 30HP Kohler. One trend that I have noticed on the mowers that I have been selling is that the rev limiter is set a little low on most machines. The 30hp Kohler that you are looking at can be turned up a little with no negative effects to the machine to give it more power. The factory settings are conserative. This I was told directly from one of Husqvarna's R&D guys at the commercial factory in Nebraska. One customer that I have owns 2 of the 61" Husqvarna's, one with the 25hp Kawasaki and one with the 30hp Kohler that has been turned up, the 30hp Kohler now is out mowing the Kawasaki.

greenscapes,inc.
09-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Every thread about husqvarna mowers I always see people bad mouthing them and there are only a few that have every owned one or had ever ran one. Envy had a bad experience with on and thats ok, he at least has experience with one. I have two Husqvarna ZTR's and they have been awesome. 600 hours and I have replaced a belt and thats all. The other has 350 hours and not a min of down time. I dont know if I got lucky on mine or what but Ill keep buying them until I have a problem with them.

Envy Lawn Service
09-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi,
I would have no problem at all talking to you about it. Email me direct at brian@cnjequipment.com Talk to you soon.
Brian

I'll be in touch when I get a chance...

paulm3584
11-26-2008, 04:27 PM
im a fleet manager for a large landscaping company i turn over mowers when they hit 2 years. i picked up 9 husky lz6127 along with other husky products but here is what i think of there rider

1.hydro belt was a huge problem i would get a week out of one but they updated and warrantied the problem took care of it
2.they use a cable to stop the seat when you flip it up lasts about 2 weeks then the hinges crack from the weight of the seat
3.the suspension seat is junk
4.blade spindle pully are held on with a hollow bolts that would shear off they have an updated design again warrantied and updated as they broke but pain in the a--
5.the decks would crack around the hole for the idler arm bolt again updated no cost but lost time and a lot of hassle
6.seat switch falls out after a couple weeks
7.brake switch goes after a couple months
8.steering dampners dont last
9.antiscalp wheels shear off easily
10.castor yoke bearing caps pop off to easy
11.controls are between you legs my guys constantly break keys pto switch choke handles its a horrible place to put them

the good is that they have adressed alot of issues but i would never buy another rider from them not unless they redesigned alot of things then let some one else be the guinee pig
i would also say that my machines are ran under the worst conditions with operators who could care less about there equipment but i have never had this many problems with toro scag or bobcat

JimQ
11-26-2008, 05:45 PM
im a fleet manager for a large landscaping company i turn over mowers when they hit 2 years. i picked up 9 husky lz6127 along with other husky products but here is what i think of there rider

1.hydro belt was a huge problem i would get a week out of one but they updated and warrantied the problem took care of it
2.they use a cable to stop the seat when you flip it up lasts about 2 weeks then the hinges crack from the weight of the seat
3.the suspension seat is junk
4.blade spindle pully are held on with a hollow bolts that would shear off they have an updated design again warrantied and updated as they broke but pain in the a--
5.the decks would crack around the hole for the idler arm bolt again updated no cost but lost time and a lot of hassle
6.seat switch falls out after a couple weeks
7.brake switch goes after a couple months
8.steering dampners dont last
9.antiscalp wheels shear off easily
10.castor yoke bearing caps pop off to easy
11.controls are between you legs my guys constantly break keys pto switch choke handles its a horrible place to put them

the good is that they have adressed alot of issues but i would never buy another rider from them not unless they redesigned alot of things then let some one else be the guinee pig
i would also say that my machines are ran under the worst conditions with operators who could care less about there equipment but i have never had this many problems with toro scag or bobcat

Hey Paul. Welcome to Lawnsite! Good first post with lots of info.

I'm part of the Engineering group at Husqvarna Turf Care. When the current LZ was designed, Husqvarna was new to the commercial turf care industry. We had a few things to learn. It wasn't until recent years that the LZ was put into fleet service by some of the larger landscape companies and used in truly severe conditions. We've learned a lot from companies like yours. Paul, I'm sorry that you feel like a Guinea pig. I can imagine your frustration trying to keep a fleet running and having to deal with the same problems again and again. In the future, if you have any problems or concerns, just PM me or post. I'll do what ever I can to help. FYI, we're working on our next generation commercial Z. We'll be producing 50 gas and 10 diesel powered units next month They will be placed throughout the country for field testing for the next year. If all goes well, we'll be ready to go into production next fall for release spring '10. In the mean time, I'll try to address each of your concerns with the current machine.

1. Hydro belt life - I agree it was bad for a while. We had issues with a belt supplier and getting the spring tension where we wanted it. We've addressed this issue with a new belt and idler spring. Belt life has improved.

2. Seat pan hinges - I know what you're talking about. We do use a coated cable as a seat lanyard. That seat pan and lanyard were originally designed to support a standard seat. The suspension seat is MUCH heavier than a standard seat. If you let the seat flop forward or lean in it when you're working on it, it will bend. The seat pan has been totally redesigned and is retrofitable.

3. We use the industry standard Milsco/Michigan suspension seat. What particular problems are you having with it?

4. Blade spindles bolt. Yep. That sucked. The spindle shaft has been redesigned. The assembly is now held together by a large nut on top. The new spindle is retrofitable.

5. Deck cracking around idler pivot bolt. You got me here too. We've modified the idler standoff, increased the idler pilot bolt size, and added a reinforcement plate under the deck. Problem solved.

6. Seat switch falls out - See #3 above. This is the first I've heard of issues with the suspension seat. Was it an easy fix for you? Was it just a matter of clicking the switch back in place?

7. Brake switch - Yep. Bad design. It sits exposed with the plunger straight up. It tends to cause problems on machines that are stored outside. Water and contaminants find there way into it and it fails. Then the engine won't start. What a PIA. That switch has been replaced on the later model LZ's but is unfortunately not retrofitable.

8. Steering dampers. Right again. We've addressed that. We worked with our damper supplier and developed a double sealed damper that lasts A LOT longer. When we started to investigate the issue, we created an accelerated cycle test that was able to cause seal failure of the original damper in 18hrs. We suspended testing of the new design after 1 month of continuos testing with no failures. These new dampers are currently being used in production and are available as service parts. They are retrofitable.

9. The anti-scalp wheels break off - They sure did. Still do if you hit them had enough. The size of the axle bolt has been increase, they are now grade 5, and a gusset has been added to the bracket to resist bending.

10. Caster bearing caps - You got me here. They do. We haven't implemented any design changes and don't plan to. Although I can tell you that issue has been designed out of our next generation machine. The best advise I have for you with this issue is to drill a small vent hole in the cap. Pressure builds under there when the caster spindle bearing is greased and makes it very easy to knock off the cap. That might help some.

11. Controls between the legs. - I'm with you. That's just a bad place for them. I've got no solution to this one. Again, problem solved with the next generation machine.

So Paul, if you need Part Number or anything at all, just holler. And again, welcome to Lawnsite.

Take care,
Q

JimQ
11-26-2008, 06:01 PM
One more thing I forgot to mention

I was talking to a dealer down in Florida who was having the same issue with the brake switches. He said he started giving the switches a shot of some type of penetrating oil. I don't remember the type. He said it has really helped the problem. Have any Fluid Film around? Just spray it around the plunger on the switch and it should work it's way down to the contacts. That should do the trick.

Q

MustangMan
11-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Q, We had an issue with the brake switch in the past. Is there a waterproof cover for the plunger switch or something that would be retrofitable. I've been working with my dealer on fixing quite a few of the issues mentioned above, and am glad you guys are trying to fix some of these things.

Hopefully you guys get this stuff figured out for 2010 as I really enjoy doing business with my dealer as he is a great guy and I really like the 5 yr warranty (which can't be good for you with all of these problems.)

paulm3584
11-29-2008, 09:31 PM
ok problems with the seat the welds break on the internal suspension i have replaced 2 under warranty and welded at least 3

the seat switch wire gets yanked when the operator lifts the seat it not only pulls out the switch put ruins the connector witch has to be plugged all the way in to work because of the safety built into it. i know it the operator fault but it happens alot

break switch comes lose because it snaps into place with plasic tabs that wear out it has been replaced by a bolt on version

the anti scalp wheels are 1/2" bolts they shear off i was replacing at least 3 bolts every day till i replaced the bolts with spanner bushings

the yoke spindle bearing caps are domed and get knocked off easly if you look at an exmark they use a flat cover i would grease them once a year and never have an issue

i really hope the next generation rider has less flaws i dont think the lz is a bad mower i was trying to be breif and was only talking about the cronic problems i encountered. down time is a killer in are buisness and that is why i replace equipment when it reaches 2 years i really expect a new mower not to be need much other than maintance. i will say that husqvarna has quickly addressed problems with real solutions and that of the 8 diffrent products that i have from husqvarna the rider is the only one that hasnt lived up to my expectations thank you for addressing my problems

ryry278
11-30-2008, 12:47 PM
I have a husquvarna 61" 24Hp and it is a great mower. Stripes amazingly and no problems with it. Just make sure you get a warranty. Someone has to be buying them if they are still selling them and i have not seen many used ones for sale other than mine since i am moving to more powerful mowers.

JimQ
12-01-2008, 11:22 AM
the seat switch wire gets yanked when the operator lifts the seat it not only pulls out the switch put ruins the connector witch has to be plugged all the way in to work because of the safety built into it. i know it the operator fault but it happens alot

Paul, that sure doens't sound like the operators fault to me, (unless he is wrapping the wire around his hand and yanking, hoping for an extra sandwich break! :laugh:)

I'd like a chance to talk to you and get more specifics regarding the problems you've had. I just want to make sure I completly understand the issues and see if there is anything I can do to help out.

Since you're new to the group, I can't PM you, so I'll just throw it out there...

I'd sure apreciate it if you would give me a call some time. You can catch me at my desk any time between 8AM - 5PM CST: (402) 223-1000 ext 2012. My name is Jim. Thanks Paul.

Q

JimQ
12-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Hey Paul,

Good talking to you! I really apreciate you taking the time out of your day to help me better understand the issues.

Take care,

Q

JimQ
12-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Dang it Paul! One more question for you regarding the issues you've had with the seat pan. I forgot to get your phone number when we spoke. Could you give me a call back when you get a few minutes.

Thanks,

Q

milo
12-01-2008, 06:12 PM
ok i used one of these and i also owned a yazoo (perty much same unit) i will tell u this compaired to a scag its a toy, i do say its a good mower but nothing like a scag hustler or exmark. my real big issue with the mower was every time i used it i was uncomfortable on it. just something with the way you sat on it or something, that was my big issue with it and the brake switch was bad.. it did cut nice for me buteven after popping on a suspension seat and still no better feel to the seating or ride i sold it...
i will add this though, i like there 326 trimmer alot. lightest one by far.

zman2307
12-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Paul, that sure doens't sound like the operators fault to me, (unless he is wrapping the wire around his hand and yanking, hoping for an extra sandwich break! :laugh:)

I'd like a chance to talk to you and get more specifics regarding the problems you've had. I just want to make sure I completly understand the issues and see if there is anything I can do to help out.

Since you're new to the group, I can't PM you, so I'll just throw it out there...

I'd sure apreciate it if you would give me a call some time. You can catch me at my desk any time between 8AM - 5PM CST: (402) 223-1000 ext 2012. My name is Jim. Thanks Paul.

Q

wow how many manufacturers give you a r and d techs number. thats pretty snazzy

paulm3584
12-02-2008, 06:32 AM
ok i used one of these and i also owned a yazoo (perty much same unit) i will tell u this compaired to a scag its a toy, i do say its a good mower but nothing like a scag hustler or exmark. my real big issue with the mower was every time i used it i was uncomfortable on it. just something with the way you sat on it or something, that was my big issue with it and the brake switch was bad.. it did cut nice for me buteven after popping on a suspension seat and still no better feel to the seating or ride i sold it...
i will add this though, i like there 326 trimmer alot. lightest one by far.

my guys love the 326 trimmers and edgers very light and comfortable

i have heard that about the rider being uncomfortable they say you have to push with feet to stay in the seat when you go fast and that the angle your feet are at make it hard and you end up getting tired hopeful the next gen will fix this problem too.

JimQ
12-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Hey Paul,

In your earlier post, you mention the seat hinge cracks. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this one. Would you please elaborate. Where exactly have you had cracks develop? I'll post a couple pictures to make it easier to describe. Thanks again for your help.

Q

JimQ
12-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the call Paul.

I think we got to the bottom of this one. ( for those who actually care...:laugh:)

The root cause of several of issues mentioned above is a seat lanyard failure.

It goes something like this.

The seat is tipped forward, the lanyard fails.

The seat continues to "over-travel" forward. This causes the seat switch wires to pull. (causing the above mentioned seat switch and wiring issues)

The seat pan now stops against the hinge brackets that are bolted to the chassis instead of the lanyard.

Flip the seat forward a few more times and the bracket begins to bend, then ultimately crack/tear.

Gotta go. I've got something to look into. :gunsfirin

Q