PDA

View Full Version : Spreading penn mulch/seed starter

mmacsek
09-13-2006, 08:17 AM
I have a few jobs that will require spreading topsoil,grading,seeding and covering with Lesco seed starter. These are not 1/2 acre lots but a few K square foot. How do you spread the mulch? It will not pass thru my Lesco broadcast spreader and takes some time doing it by hand. About 75% of my business is lawn maintenace but getting more of these jobs every year. I have seen the Spyker mulch and more broadcast spreaders and the 36" wide drop spreaders that will handle the mulch but not sure if they work. Thanks Matt

LawnScapers of Dayton
09-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Earthway makes a spreader that will spread Penn Mulch....it is less than $100....

mmacsek
09-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Earthway makes a spreader that will spread Penn Mulch....it is less than $100....
Do you have a model number? Thanks Matt

bam
09-15-2006, 06:23 PM
i think that seed starter III is actually a little bigger than pennmulch. there is a product called encap. it is extremely small dots, and works well since it will easily go thru the standard lesco spreader.

also if its a few thousand sq. ft. can't you spread it by hand with a scoop. Lesco's product covers 600 sq ft.

mmacsek
09-16-2006, 08:31 AM
i think that seed starter III is actually a little bigger than pennmulch. there is a product called encap. it is extremely small dots, and works well since it will easily go thru the standard lesco spreader.

also if its a few thousand sq. ft. can't you spread it by hand with a scoop. Lesco's product covers 600 sq ft.
Is the trade name encap? I have been spreading it by hand but trying to speed things up. Thanks Matt

olderthandirt
09-16-2006, 11:23 AM
last I checked which was a couple yrs ago I heard they were not making encap or were going to quit making it. That was the trade name of it.

bam
09-17-2006, 11:57 AM
we are still purchasing it at Sweeney Seed in Delaware.