PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use new LED Blubs on trucks/trailers?

ATL Lawn
09-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Anyone here use new LED blubs?

For some reason i blow a damn bulb about every month or so, so today i just bought new LED trailer lights (yeah they was double the cost) hopefully they last a couple of years. (and use less power)

http://i12.ebayimg.com/05/i/08/43/d9/c1_2.JPG

man of stihl
09-13-2006, 10:39 AM
yep they are definatly worth the extra money. i put them on this past winter and i love them. i soldered and shrink rapped all the connections. the whole trailer is water tight. i love it. they are very bright and look very nice at night. goodluck and nice to see someone else using those good old leds:clapping:

Petr51488
09-13-2006, 11:26 AM
Yep, same here.. their very bright and the people behind you can tell when you have your blinker on.. before with the bulbs the were very dull. One of mine went too and switched over to the LED's

Total.Lawn.Care
09-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Not yet but I like them. I have 5 trailers total when you add the Camper and the boat to my collection. I hope to get them all switched over to the LEDs, all the way around. I see them on other trailers on the road and I love them.

RedWingsDet
09-13-2006, 04:45 PM
where do u get them and how much do they cost? thanks

BSDeality
09-13-2006, 04:46 PM
I have them on my trailer for S/T/T and they really do get noticed, they're almost too bright at night, but hell, not my problem, i can't see'em from where I am.

I have an LED id bar on the back of my F350 and I would eventually like to convert my stock lights over to LED on my truck since I leave my lights on all day long for safety. I need to get the right reisistors so I don't have rapid-flash problems caused by too little resistance.

Dirt Digger2
09-13-2006, 07:17 PM
i should put those on my boat trailer...i cant unplug the lights because i have surge brakes on my trailer and pop a bulb every so often when i back the hot lights into cold water.

Total.Lawn.Care
09-13-2006, 09:51 PM
where do u get them and how much do they cost? thanks

I have seen some at Walmart. Mostly Online. Do a search for LED Trailer Lights and you shoud find plenty of sites that sell them. You can also get them from your trailer manufacturer is you have an enclosed like Pace American, Haulmark, Wells Cargo etc. I think I have even seen them on the Reese and/or Draw Tight websites. THey cost about double a standard like kit (last time I priced them) but they are worth it. I just have not gotten them yet...

RedWingsDet
09-13-2006, 09:53 PM
ya I have an 05 20ft haulmark, and my rear lights are going out i think. looks like ill get leds

twj721
09-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Anyone here use new LED blubs?

For some reason i blow a damn bulb about every month or so, so today i just bought new LED trailer lights (yeah they was double the cost) hopefully they last a couple of years. (and use less power)

http://i12.ebayimg.com/05/i/08/43/d9/c1_2.JPG
My trailer come with them when I bought it and that was last year so far no lights out

DBL
09-13-2006, 11:41 PM
put leds on our 18' trailer and i have them on the back rack on my 03 cummins and they are bright and they last forever and draw so little amps

MSLandscaping
09-14-2006, 02:21 PM
We love Led's. We put them on our trailer. Also added them to our PU, between the bumper and the tailgate on the EzDumper. My tailights were not that visable with the chain from the EzDumper.