PDA

View Full Version : Will these blades work?

DJ Contracting
09-13-2006, 10:56 PM
First of all I have a Gravely 2148 XL. OK I was sharping my blades and seen some big nicks in the standard blades and my employing hit a manhole cover and ruined one of my mulch blades. So here is the question I measured the blade tip to tip at an angle (16") and I was @ TSC seen a set of blades for a 46" deck, so I grabbed a tape and measured the new set the same way, and they measured (16"), so will these work with my set-up?

Jerry and Sons
09-14-2006, 08:15 AM
You must make sure that the center hole is the same size, also some blades work better that other on certain machines. Due to lift and blade angle. Just make sure that the fit is right and is not coming into contact with anything but the grass!

lsylvain
09-14-2006, 12:01 PM
If they bolt on they will work. the biggest issue is are they the exact proper lenght? Your old blade may actually be 16 1/8" and the new ones exactly 16". That's what happend to me one time and it would leave little blades of grass that managed to sneak between the blads. I always used to use crappy wal-mart blades for my top blades when doing doubles. I would also toss on the wal-mart specials when mowing overgrown yards etc, so I wouldn't mess up the good ones.

DJ Contracting
09-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Well my blades are still fairly square at the ends so I don't think I shortened them up any I was thinking the same thing if the center holes are the same the they should work, anyway I thought I would try them.

petekief
09-15-2006, 03:28 PM
i think your suposed to measure them diagonally - some are wider therefore longer diagonally - the important distance is from cutting tip to cutting tip through the bolt hole.

DJ Contracting
09-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Yeah thats the way I measured them thanks.