PDA

View Full Version : Lesco Equipment Service/Support/Parts = GRRREAT

Envy Lawn Service
09-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Well, I always 'talking' about how good Lesco is at customer service for me...

But it never really occurred to me until today to do more than talk.
You will notice this order was at 8AM yesterday.
I recieved it at about the same time this morning.
Shipped from Ohio to North Carolina.

So I thought I would take a minute over lunch to go ahead and post something.

Thanks to all the people involved at Lesco, for coming through for me every time I'm in need.

I appreciate being treated like your #1 customer, when in the grand scheme of things I hardly even make the customer list.

grass_cuttin_fool
09-14-2006, 02:28 PM
We have a new Lesco store near me in Lynchburg Va and I went in there with a ton of questions in the last 2 weeks. The manager (rick) has answered anything I asked him and has helped me alot in providing me with the correct products for fall overseeding and fertilizing. I plan on doing buisness with them for some time to come

wayne

lawnspecialties
09-14-2006, 02:32 PM
I really like dealing with Lesco here in Raleigh. Only problem is they're about an hour away!

For those around here interested, they said they're considering a Garner/Clayton store. :)

Mark889
09-14-2006, 06:34 PM
If only lesco made a quality ZTR, then it would be something to talk about. Oh well, I guess we can keep on dreaming...

ThirdDay
09-14-2006, 06:45 PM
If only lesco made a quality ZTR, then it would be something to talk about. Oh well, I guess we can keep on dreaming...

It's not a bad ZTR but it's certainly not top quality! The quality of cut is average at best.

The biggest problem with Lesco is their service. They SUCK at service in my area especially on equipment!

I guess all areas are different??

REALSLOW
09-14-2006, 06:47 PM
If only lesco made a quality ZTR, then it would be something to talk about. Oh well, I guess we can keep on dreaming... How dare you talk about the Z2 like that, look most of the guys who own them on this site love them and at 3000$ for a new one how could you go wrong? So what if they cannot fix it in house and you have to ship it to China to be serviced. You can get a good backup Z2 for 3000$ more and have 2 for the price of one other hi $ ZTR.

DUSTYCEDAR
09-14-2006, 06:53 PM
lesco has always gone out of there way to help me and i appreciate it

MMLawn
09-14-2006, 07:02 PM
AMAZING what simple Over Night Delivery can do.........woo hoo.............. :laugh:

Turf Technologies
09-14-2006, 08:37 PM
If its a Kawasaki part i believe, but a Lesco part forget about it.

Envy Lawn Service
09-14-2006, 09:44 PM
If its a Kawasaki part i believe, but a Lesco part forget about it.

Nope... Lesco mower parts.

They go beyond the call of duty to take care of me.
They see to it I have what I need WHEN I'm in need.
Not next week, or the week after that, or the week after that.

I know some of you have good hometown dealers that keep everything on-hand/in-stock and it they don't have it, they'll order it in for you and hopefully have it in a few days to a week or whatever. They're just at the mercy of the MFG and distributor for stuff like that... ect.

But here, we have dealers that seldom have anything that doesn't sell like hotcakes, and more often than not they are out of those fast moving simple items when I need them, and those things always seem to be backordered, ect. So at the local dealers, more often than not I have to pay twice what I should for an item and wait until god knows when to get it.

If you do this FOR A LIVING, once in a while you'll forget to replentish your stock of something, or you'll need something you don't keep on hand, and when you do this FOR A LIVING, you don't want get caught waiting around on a sluggish parts chain.

With Lesco, I don't have to worry about this crap. I have no Lesco even near me at this time (80 miles one way). So I order everything from them that I don't get otherwise... and frankly as good as Lesco has been at delivering for me, I can usually have parts from Lesco here as quick as I could probably manage to take time out of my schedule to schedule a time drop by a 'hometown dealer' during their 9-5 business hours to pick up an in-stock item. And they can get it here in no time, regardless of if it's coming from the Service Center 80 miles away, or all the way from Ohio.

J&R Landscaping
09-14-2006, 10:28 PM
I have been to the lesco dealer around me. The two guys that work their seem knowledgeable on the sales end but I'm not so sure on the service end of it.

I will probably be purchasing some seed from the for some fall overseeding.

Turf Technologies
09-14-2006, 10:35 PM
I have been waiting months for parts at my local Lesso, but one an 1.5 from me gets what I need fast.

Envy Lawn Service
09-14-2006, 10:42 PM
I have been waiting months for parts at my local Lesso, but one an 1.5 from me gets what I need fast.

For what???.........

petekief
09-15-2006, 12:14 PM
hey slow,
you don't mind if i call you slow for short do you? not meaning to start anything here but - slow - why do you feel it's neccessary to launch into this LESCO bashing everytime you see the word LESCO typed here???? Maybe an uncle of yours worked for them and when you were a kid he . . . ??? i mean it's none of my business but??? whats up??? why the anger??? why the incesent venting????
These are retorical questions by the way - i couldn't care less why? My Ztwo cuts great runs great i like my Lesco dealer parts have NOT been a problem i haven't needed much of anything and what i needed they had or got quickly . . . so give it a rest - let it go what ever it was - no-one cares!

ALL-PRO LANDSCAPE CO.
09-15-2006, 12:29 PM
As you can see by my list of equipment I run quite a few Lesco pieces. So far I have recieved no problems on my equipment except for wear and tear break downs. (none which have held me up on mowing) If i need a belt, blades, catcher or anything else I can count on my Lesco dealership to provide me with those parts. So far no complaints.

Jpocket
09-15-2006, 12:42 PM
AMAZING what simple Over Night Delivery can do.........woo hoo.............. :laugh:

LOL...LEsco in my area is terrible for parts and service, all they really know is fertilizers. The guys at the service center don't know the first thing about any of the mowers they sell. Honestly they couldn't even get me a set of blades for the ONE lesco Z that I own. Lesco is the LAST mower i would buy.

Mike Fronczak
09-15-2006, 02:06 PM
Wait till a new manager comes in.

JohnsonLawn
09-15-2006, 04:12 PM
I wonder how many Lesco bashers have owned a Z2 or W/B and given these pieces of equipment a chance to prove they are as good as it gets.

MJB
09-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Lesco doesn't exist on the west coast do they? I've never seen one in the northwest anyway. I have had great luck using J Thomas for parts , I just had a bearing go out in my electric clutch on my Exmark yesterday. I called them and the part was on my doorstep by 10:30 this morning coming all the way from Michigan. Thats good service and I save money everytime I order from them it seems. I get almost all my parts for all my mowers from them. I just replaced my hydros and saved money buying from them. It makes you feel good these days when you get service like that.

REALSLOW
09-15-2006, 07:44 PM
I wonder how many Lesco bashers have owned a Z2 or W/B and given these pieces of equipment a chance to prove they are as good as it gets. As good as it gets ?????, as good as it gets for 50 cents on the $!

JohnsonLawn
09-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Still no answer to the question! Have you "bashers" actually owned and used the mowers that you are talking so badly about, and if not how can you accurately measure the quality of a product you have never owned. That is like me saying that the services that you provide su*k, without ever letting you on my property. Think it over guys.

DLCS
09-15-2006, 09:29 PM
I appreciate being treated like your #1 customer, when in the grand scheme of things I hardly even make the customer list.

Envy,

Are you trying out to be a Lesco cheerleader? :laugh:

BTW, if i order parts from my John Deere dealer by 5:00pm, I have them the next day by 8:00am.:weightlifter:

wriken
09-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Envy,

Are you trying out to be a Lesco cheerleader? :laugh:

BTW, if i order parts from my John Deere dealer by 5:00pm, I have them the next day by 8:00am.:weightlifter:
Cub has that policy also, better yet, my dealer will take a part off a showroom model to get me going. I broke a brake lever once and he did that. Other then that, if they would break down, I could test him on how fast he could get parts, if he did'nt stock them.

wriken
09-15-2006, 10:03 PM
hey slow,
you don't mind if i call you slow for short do you? not meaning to start anything here but - slow - why do you feel it's neccessary to launch into this LESCO bashing everytime you see the word LESCO typed here???? Maybe an uncle of yours worked for them and when you were a kid he . . . ??? i mean it's none of my business but??? whats up??? why the anger??? why the incesent venting????
These are retorical questions by the way - i couldn't care less why? My Ztwo cuts great runs great i like my Lesco dealer parts have NOT been a problem i haven't needed much of anything and what i needed they had or got quickly . . . so give it a rest - let it go what ever it was - no-one cares!
he has some serious issues wrong with him.:)

Signature Landscaping1
09-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Lesco has the best service i think. I love my lesco. Not much more i can say.........

REALSLOW
09-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Still no answer to the question! Have you "bashers" actually owned and used the mowers that you are talking so badly about, and if not how can you accurately measure the quality of a product you have never owned. That is like me saying that the services that you provide su*k, without ever letting you on my property. Think it over guys. I own 3 Lesco WB and I bought them for 50 cents on the $ in new condition. I love Lesco MTD products but only on a value basis not on a quality basis or a service basis. I buy from them all the time and really like them. I am not going to confuse them with a real reputable mower dealer who sells top notch products and services them on the spot when they go down.

You think your Lesco WB, if you own one is as good as any? You should try my modified Lesco WB and you would realize why I buy them for 50 cents on the $ in like new condition. Stock they suck, if you ran my WB you would realize how poor the stocker is. They can be fixed but first you have to have a doner person who decides buying a stocker was a mistake and decides to dump for the price of ' well you know! Oh and they are easy to find.

JohnsonLawn
09-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Ok, I'll bite. What is it that is so poorly designed on the mowers that you purchase that you have modified. Just curious!

REALSLOW
09-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Ok, I'll bite. What is it that is so poorly designed on the mowers that you purchase that you have modified. Just curious! The 52 is deadly stock. They have a good design but like most all the MTD Lesco stuff it is a unfinished product. It needs big wheels for more ground speed and the ability to swing a fixed velkie but then once you put 20 x10 or 22 x 11 wheels on them they will then mow at 8 or 9 miles an hour but the roller on front of the mower is deadly. If you try and run the mower with that roller and hit a stump going 9 miles an hour you could get majorily f uped so you have to cut the roller off. The 48 does not have the roller. The 52 in order to truly work correctly needs to have a third wheel like the other 2 front wheels mounted in front in the middle. The mower needs all the sharp edges ground down for safety purposes. THE MOWER IS DEADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been f uped so many times from it. This thing will mow some serious grass once you modify it comparable to a Wright stander but on big properties the Super Z destroys it bad.

JohnsonLawn
09-15-2006, 10:56 PM
So if I put bigger tires on my mowers and remove the front roller on my 54" er, then I will have quality machines, OK. I not trying to be a smart a$$, but I hope these are not the reasons you call lesco crap. I believe every mower on the market could be picked apart if you wanted to. It all depends on your needs and what works for you.

REALSLOW
09-15-2006, 11:19 PM
So if I put bigger tires on my mowers and remove the front roller on my 54" er, then I will have quality machines, OK. I not trying to be a smart a$$, but I hope these are not the reasons you call lesco crap. I believe every mower on the market could be picked apart if you wanted to. It all depends on your needs and what works for you. Your 54 would probably not qualify for the traction ,speed, wheel modification because of the crappy hydro's the machine uses. Lesco told me if I tried to modify a floater like my fixed deck WB because it has a better drive system and then tried to swing a fixed velkie the weaker hydro drive would probably give on the 54 so I did not buy a floater but it will be good for you so enjoy!:)