PDA

View Full Version : crazy neighbors...lawn clippings

grass disaster
09-14-2006, 07:56 PM
was cutting this way overgrown lot when the neighbor lady comes flying out of her house.

when i mowed her prop line i doubled back on my already cut path so there couldn't have been very many clippings coming out of the side discharge.

she's like.."what the hell are you throwing those clippings on my lawn for"in a very pist off yelling voice.

i say "what clippings"

she says "don't get f'n smart with me"

i say "oh you mean those clumps you made from your mower" and i pointed to them all over her yard.

do people seriously get that pist off about a few clippings on thier yard???
i was in a different area than i typically mow. i'm thinking that all people in this area are stuck up.

mak2
09-14-2006, 08:11 PM
I wear Peltors and dont shut off my mower when some PO'd looking person approaches me.:)

lawnmaniac883
09-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Yup, "Whats that? Cant hear you, dont you see the hearing protection in use?"

I love that, people always start talkin to ya and you can hear a damn thing they are sayin because you have hearing protection on......they look damn funny when you see but not hear them too :laugh:

jims lawn service
09-14-2006, 09:16 PM
I've had several runin's with crazy neighbors.None of the arguments I had with them turned out good.I also wear my Peltors and usually smile and wave now.

grass disaster
09-14-2006, 09:42 PM
that's a great idea. i can't wait to try it. i too wear peltors

daveintoledo
09-14-2006, 09:53 PM
dont forget to spray her feet and legs as you go by......
(not really she could get hurt) hahaahhhhh

traman
09-14-2006, 09:53 PM
dame you mean am sup-post to keep my clippings on the yard am cutting ??must have mist that glass that day !!!!!

dcgreenspro
09-14-2006, 10:38 PM
guy came out waving his arms at me the other week, so i throttle down and kill the blades and he says "could you not let your front tires turn in my yard? i stare at him and all i can think about is the part in The Waterboy when adam sandler gives the guy a running drop kick in the endzone. I then realize why i hate people.

DAR57
09-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Ditto on the "Peltors,smile and wave"

MoviePimp
09-14-2006, 11:13 PM
Had one lady come flying out her door jawing at me like Bill Cowher chewing out a player (yep, even spit flying out the mouth). Couldn't hear a word until I took out the earplugs. I Got told if we blew clippings in her grass she would send husband outside to whoop us. I just laughed at her. My helper is a tough guy from a rough neighboorhood that is also a diagnosed schizo. I have seen him punch a hole through a plaster wall. Send that geezer out to whoop us and his a$$ will be laying in pool of his own blood and urine.
We came back the next week and they had a tarp alongside the whole fence. Nice look.

1MajorTom
09-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Had one lady come flying out her door jawing at me like Bill Cowher chewing out a player (yep, even spit flying out the mouth).
now that's funny... but to bill's credit, he sure knows how to throw out a challenge flag so the refs can see it. :laugh:

RedWolf
09-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Hey thats Nothing.I had this one woman throw her dogs crap at me when i was bushhoging Because I got alittle bit of grass on her part of the sidewalk.Its not like i wasnt going to blow it off after I was done.I have blown her part off every time i have got grass on it.Funny thing is, The guy I was doing the mowing for is a cop and he was pulling up the check on me when she threw the offending turds. He saw her do it and got a non stop ride down town. I have had Sh**, Beer cans and bottles, Diapers and other stuff thrown at me. Why cant people just come up and bitc* so I can just haul off and punch them in the mouth? I guess I`m just not as lucky as some of you guys and gals out there.:dizzy:

dlm17
09-15-2006, 12:14 AM
It May Not Seem Like A Whole Lot Of Clippings To You But When Your Grass Turns Brown On Top Of Her Lawn Then What, I Mulch Everything And Nothing Worse Than The Guy Cutting The Yard Next Door Blowing His Clippings On To My Yard If I Havent Cut Yet Then I Have To Deal With Cut Grass That Does Not Mulch And If I Have There Goes My Quality Job Because Some Lazy Sob Cant Keep His Clippings In His Yard, So Instead Of Complaining About The Lady Try Being Proffesional And Keep Your Yard In Your Yard

Vikings
09-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Well you shouldn't be blowing clippings in a neighbours yard even if you think its not a big deal.

Liquidfast
09-15-2006, 12:24 AM
Well you shouldn't be blowing clippings in a neighbours yard even if you think its not a big deal.

:clapping:

Even though when I did it last week, I was asked to remove the clippings and not go onto his property. I cut a really sweet mohawk down the property line and it was broken up to the areas on HIS property.

Kinda looked like this... ____ _______________ _______

It was nice to see he went out after I left and corrected my work. If wasnt such a **** I wouldve done it when I was finished.

Vikings
09-15-2006, 12:56 AM
:clapping:

Even though when I did it last week, I was asked to remove the clippings and not go onto his property. I cut a really sweet mohawk down the property line and it was broken up to the areas on HIS property.

Kinda looked like this... ____ _______________ _______

It was nice to see he went out after I left and corrected my work. If wasnt such a **** I wouldve done it when I was finished.
I've actually done that mohawk thing myself with people I don't like, lol. I knew exactly what you were talking about.:laugh:

MoviePimp
09-15-2006, 01:09 AM
Hey thats Nothing.I had this one woman throw her dogs crap at me when i was bushhoging Because I got alittle bit of grass on her part of the sidewalk.Its not like i wasnt going to blow it off after I was done.I have blown her part off every time i have got grass on it.Funny thing is, The guy I was doing the mowing for is a cop and he was pulling up the check on me when she threw the offending turds. He saw her do it and got a non stop ride down town. I have had Sh**, Beer cans and bottles, Diapers and other stuff thrown at me. Why cant people just come up and bitc* so I can just haul off and punch them in the mouth? I guess I`m just not as lucky as some of you guys and gals out there.:dizzy:

Wow that's some wild weird stuff. Man, you throw crap at me and I would try my best to make you eat those turds. Unless of course you were someone like the Rock or Jet Li or even 6'7 330. Then I would just ask you to sign the turds and bid you good day.:walking:

TAZ
09-15-2006, 02:25 AM
It May Not Seem Like A Whole Lot Of Clippings To You But When Your Grass Turns Brown On Top Of Her Lawn Then What, I Mulch Everything And Nothing Worse Than The Guy Cutting The Yard Next Door Blowing His Clippings On To My Yard If I Havent Cut Yet Then I Have To Deal With Cut Grass That Does Not Mulch And If I Have There Goes My Quality Job Because Some Lazy Sob Cant Keep His Clippings In His Yard, So Instead Of Complaining About The Lady Try Being Proffesional And Keep Your Yard In Your Yards

Dispite the lady being and obvious b@#$% I have to agree with the above post. On residentials people don't like that. That is why I mulch. Hell 95% of the home owners in the development that my fiance lives in do also. It makes for peaceful neighbors.
-TAZ

Richard Martin
09-15-2006, 05:04 AM
So much for the referrals from the next door neighbors. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is a service business guys and the better the service the more work you will get. Would it have killed you to say you're sorry and will try not to do it again? You have to be an adult and do your best to defuse situations like this. Being confrontational with potential customers will get you no where.

If someone throws dog do at me they are going to jail.

Tharrell
09-15-2006, 07:27 AM
Well, if you'd thrown clippings from an OVERGROWN lawn on my lawn, I'd probably say something to you about it because I know there's another way to do it. You probably don't get her point because she over reacted and you're focusing on her actions not her message.
Whenever I border another property and there's a chance for clippings, I always cut away from that yard several passes to get the clippings moved away from that yard. Then after I'm done with the yard, I go add the stripes to that area, takes maybe 1-2 extra passes. No fuss
It's the same way I keep clippings out of beds, off of driveways and sidewalks and wet grass off the sides of buildings.