PDA

View Full Version : Great Day For Business

Uranus
09-14-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm excited today and want to share some good news for my business with all of you. I got the call today from a buddy trying to get out of the business. So next week I will be taking over 15 accounts. That is about 40% growth for me. Right now I have 34 accounts and mow them in 3 days. So now I have to hire a guy. I was going to hire someone in a few weeks for leaves but now I need them to get the mowings done and support the other needs of the accounts. I thought about buying another exmark lazer (I know of 2 with ultra cut decks-new) but I think I will keep the new guy on my 36" WB for now and share the trimming and walking with him. I don't want to make payments on a mower that I can only use for 4-5 more weeks. And I also went to lunch with my neighbor who is in his second year of a home improvement business and he was pricing plows. So I went to the local fisher/western plow dealer and priced them for my truck. Well turns out they have a 8ft fisher hd used for $2800. I checked it out and its in great shape. So I bought it on the spot. They are giving me hand help controller and the regular stick controller, new cutting edge with new bolts, and a warranty for one year one it installed. I thought it was a great deal since I wasn't even going to plow this year. Also 8 of the 15 new lawns I will be getting the plowing. I'd say it was a good day even though it rained. sorry so long.

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Congrats man!! Im having a great day also:clapping:
James

Uranus
09-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Maybe I'll spend the $300 on a sulky to save on the walking. Better than making payments on a ZRT all winter while it sits in storage. And I'll share my Lazer with newbe if they know how to run it.

Roger
09-15-2006, 06:46 AM
How much will your insurance rates change with a single employee? How are you planning to set up payroll for the single employee (tax withholding/payments, workers comp, etc)?

WJW Lawn
09-15-2006, 07:00 AM
Good luck!!!! Congrats to you!

Grimmy
09-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Best to you. Now thats what I call excellent growth.
Passion will take you farther than your strength.:walking: