PDA

View Full Version : please help i think its time to get an enclosed trailer..

ant
09-14-2006, 10:24 PM
here is the deal.
i need to go "out--of--site--out---of---mind" ..my trailer is to open,but i love that trailer that is only 9 mo. old
i had it custom made to fit two z pluggers...

i am thinking on going unloosed trailer..
here is what i am up against.

1.i need to see what size i need (7x16)
2. i like to see how wide of a side ramp door i can get.as you can see in the pictures above, i have a side gate were i can pull off the perm-a-green and when we aerate i plaCE THE Z PLUGGER IN THAT SPOT. i like that Side gate ,but i only have 5 lawns were i need the pg unit.

3. place some fertilizer in the trailer.(i place less then 3/4 of a ton in my p/u and it seems enough for my part time operation.)

4. able to tow it with my f150 2wd truck when my 250 diesel is down..(havent had problems yet..but thinking ahead) knock on wood..

5. good trailer not some flimsy junk that are out there (wells cargo-hallmark)
6. hold my little spreader and miss. tools and some water..
can you guys shed some insite on this..
ant

Total.Lawn.Care
09-15-2006, 05:23 PM
If all of these are your requirements in your enclosed trailer, then go to your nearest dealer and order that trailer. I have not seen an enclosed with a side ramp, but trailers are customized everyday so I know it can be made.

5. good trailer not some flimsy junk that are out there (wells cargo-hallmark)

You might think they are a piece of junk, but I and many people I know are pulling Haulmarks and similar brands. If you specify that they are to used in landscape and be holding multiple 1500lb mowers, the trailer will be built with additional ramp and floor support for the added weight.

OCLL2000
10-02-2006, 07:27 AM
About the enclosed trailer. I own a horton hauler 7x16x6 1/2' V-nose. I love it. I like it being 6.5' tall because I don't have to stoop over when standing in it. Also, It keeps my equip.safe and secure not to mention out of the weather. It has saved me from leaving a jobsite when nature calls as well.
Your F-150 will pull it fine, it's the stopping you need to worry about. Suggest trailer brakes.