PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Mower trouble with starting?

flyerman
09-14-2006, 10:31 PM
I have a ride on B&S 14.5 HP engine. I think I put in some bad gas with water in it and finally go it started. I went to start it again and it didn't seem to kick over. I took off the hose and let all the gas come out and tried to put new gas in. I am having trouble starting it again. In addition, I put in new gas it seems to just come leak out now? I open the spark plug and the gas comes pouring out? What did I do? Any help?

newz7151
09-14-2006, 11:14 PM
I have a ride on B&S 14.5 HP engine. I think I put in some bad gas with water in it and finally go it started. I went to start it again and it didn't seem to kick over. I took off the hose and let all the gas come out and tried to put new gas in. I am having trouble starting it again. In addition, I put in new gas it seems to just come leak out now? I open the spark plug and the gas comes pouring out? What did I do? Any help?

Float stuck, overflow into crankcase. Possible damage to engine. From your description of the problem, I would suggest taking it to a known repair shop and at least pay them to do a diagnostic on it to see if you've already done irrepairable damage to the engine from running with diluted oil.