PDA

View Full Version : 20 commercial accounts

Gene $immons
09-15-2006, 12:11 AM
A local realtor with 20 stores in the area wants a bid for mowing etc.

They insist that whenever the job is completed, that a crew member takes a ticket inside and gets paid in cash.

Now, I'm not complaining about getting paid asap...but having employees driving around all day collecting hundreds of dollars in cash to bring to me...

I can hear it already...Oh, sorry boss, Jose forgot his lunch money...Oh, we must have lost one of the envelopes etc..

I prefer to mail invoices.

Plus, I would prefer that my employees not know what I'm making on jobs.

:dizzy:

lawnman_scott
09-15-2006, 12:46 AM
You must have a guy in charge, he is responsible.

noseha
09-15-2006, 06:46 AM
You Have A Crew Leader? Why Is Your Crew In Your Trucks If You Don't Trust Them?

rodfather
09-15-2006, 06:51 AM
Plus, I would prefer that my employees not know what I'm making on jobs.:dizzy:

I feel the same way

Pro-Scapes
09-15-2006, 07:10 AM
have you talked to them about simply monthly invoicing ?

I dont blame you at all for not wanting it this way. I could see if you were on the jobs but cash and employees in a fairly transient job dont mix

Jpocket
09-15-2006, 12:47 PM
yEa thats a definite NO-NO...As much as I like/trust my guys I wouldn't dare have them collect money for me on a regular basis. ESP> if the money is more than they make in a week.

DBL
09-15-2006, 12:50 PM
see what they say about monthly invoices and if not have one guy (crew leader) collect and its his responsability or it comes out of his pay and you know youll get your money every day or week

PROCUT1
09-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Take the ticket inside yourself on those days. Would hate to pass up on hundreds in cash every week.

noseha
09-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Do It Your Self!

TJLANDS
09-15-2006, 08:43 PM
I cant believe nobody else brought this up, but Why?
Why would a Realtor want to pay cash in the first place, especially for all 20 locations, Sounds fishy to me.

Pro-Scapes
09-16-2006, 10:48 AM
does seem fishy but also he would be providing a ticket so it would still be tax deductible for a business.

Sounds like an easy way to make sure each store pays thier own maint and cut down on writing checks to me... altho I still would preffer to invoice it. Rememeber if you dont jump on these 20 accts someone else will for sure.

ChadsLawn
09-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Buy some lockable bank bags. They come with at least 2 keys. 1 stays with you, 1 goes to the shop manager. My dad did that years ago to a customer that liked to pay cash ONLY at bill time. This is Fla, he didnt trust anyone, Till I started working for him.

Now where'd that $20... LOL Kidding.

Or you could always trust them.. You'll know how much is coming from each account. So if its short and no good excuse.. Take it out of each paycheck. You trust them with 10k plus in equiptment. Trust them with a few hundred in cash. May surprise ya.

Waterscapes By Design
09-18-2006, 10:11 PM
1 person responsible at all times. Just remember though, I hate to be all pessimistic but, if you put someone around cash that isnt use to having cash, things happen, these are just lawn guys, any drunk/homeless/addict can do that job and many do, they can take that cash and you not see them again no problem. And if they are gonna steal from you anyway, they sure as hell dont care if they get caught. Make sure that person in charge is close to you in some way. Or have your wife/girl go around on those days and pick them up.

And as far Im concerned though, finding a realtor who is willing to pay you same day is a blessing, the worst customers and people I do business with are people in real estate, they are cheap people who are always trying to get "just 1 more thing over here" or agree to the work, then say thats not what they thought was gonna be done and try to pay less, or tell me the check is on the way and it takes 2 weeks.

MarkintheGarden
09-20-2006, 07:25 PM
And as far Im concerned though, finding a realtor who is willing to pay you same day is a blessing, the worst customers and people I do business with are people in real estate, they are cheap people who are always trying to get "just 1 more thing over here" or agree to the work, then say thats not what they thought was gonna be done and try to pay less, or tell me the check is on the way and it takes 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the realtor has some un-taxed income to spend. He can still claim the expense and build it into his lease costs.

I too have had mostly bad experiences with realtors.

As for the crew handling the cash, I trust my guys or they would not be working for me. But you do not want to put any undo burden on them, they have enough of a job to do to be concerned with a bag of cash. I would just go myself.

best luck!

Gene $immons
09-20-2006, 10:38 PM
My bad - I ment "retailer" rather than realtor.